For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Professor Scott wrote:
MidnightLich wrote:
Pants o.t. Tal Shiar wrote:Yeah, you usually have to figure out your personnel pool before your missions, and we've only halfway done that.
That might explain why I'm not a great 1E player. 99% of the time I pick my missions first, and then build my personnel to match.

-crp

Not that I consider myself great by any means, but I don't statically pick either missions first or crew first, its more of a fluid process. I work both ends against the middle. I am usually more focused on an overall strategy or mechanic and then added missions/crew to suit.
This is pretty right for me. It's an iterative process. You pick your personnel, you pick your missions, you revise the personnel to fit the missions better, you revise the missions to fit the personnel better, you fill skill holes, and go back over it a few times until everything fits right.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Fleet Admiral
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
BCSWowbagger wrote:This is pretty right for me. It's an iterative process. You pick your personnel, you pick your missions, you revise the personnel to fit the missions better, you revise the missions to fit the personnel better, you fill skill holes, and then you go back over it a few 100+ times until everything fits right.
Fixed that for you... or maybe just applied it to me. :wink:

To Charlie's comment, I usually start with missions and find a set where the skill matrix is like 5 or 6 different skills in abundance for the affiliation. Then I build from there. Nobody is sacred and a "must have" in any one deck I build. If I want to use a Main Character but a background stooge has a better skill matrix / stat / classification, the nod goes to the background stooge.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
LORE wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:This is pretty right for me. It's an iterative process. You pick your personnel, you pick your missions, you revise the personnel to fit the missions better, you revise the missions to fit the personnel better, you fill skill holes, and then you go back over it a few 100+ times until everything fits right.
Fixed that for you... or maybe just applied it to me. :wink:
I suspect the ability of players to win major events is directly proportional to the number of times they iterate.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
For me it's pretty classic when even the quadrants involved keep changing while putting together a Dominion deck. Probably a lot has to do with thinking I have something going, only to notice the seed slots disagree. Not having to feel committed to any set of missions or any particular personnel while working everything out is definitely nice.
Crossover question

I was literally just typing up this question all[…]

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0