For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Some questions: Scanner Interference is unbanned now? How does he get his Infiltration Dilemmas into play? What am I missing?
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
Caretaker's Guest wrote:Some questions: Scanner Interference is unbanned now? How does he get his Infiltration Dilemmas into play? What am I missing?
I was wondering the same thing. Also, it looks like the official Ban List document linked to on the Site Index is very very out of date. Let's see what we can do about that.Fixed that.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
What deck are we talking about, here?
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
I know the answer, but don't want to give away too much. :shifty:

Achievements!
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:I know the answer, but don't want to give away too much. :shifty:

Achievements!
From a practical standpoint, should an illegal deck be eligible for them?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I doubt Scanner Interference entered into anything. I don't see any pollution cards in the deck or tent. I doubt it even saw play.

This deck is a brilliant piece of achievement cheat code optimization though. All the cards needed to qualify without the burden of having to play any of them.

This makes my making Weyoun of Borg my Temporal Benefactor in my Stop First Contact deck look like amateur hour.

I can't blame him for doing it though. It's not like an actual infiltration deck can win a tournament (just like how the YAAM rule makes Weyoun of Borg suboptimal in all cases).
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
1E American National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
2E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
I honestly didn't realize that Scanner Interference was still on the ban list. The only ref card all game was Defend Homeworld. All I did was pulled a list in the deckbuilder of ref cards, grabbed the ones I cared about (Containment Field, Defend Homeworld and Q the Ref) and just grabbed the others randomly.

By 9of24 (Jeremy Huth)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hmm, I guess the outside the game achievement 'bug' wasn't corrected. I had alerted the achievement team to this issue back in 2012, when I noticed it could happen and made a test deck to see how far the shenanigans could be taken. I thought a I had checked later and it didn't work any apparently not.

Also, is there a Q the Referee Side Deck in OTF now? Haven't found anything saying so. I thought that was for a now defunct format.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
9of24 wrote:Hmm, I guess the outside the game achievement 'bug' wasn't corrected. I had alerted the achievement team to this issue back in 2012, when I noticed it could happen and made a test deck to see how far the shenanigans could be taken. I thought a I had checked later and it didn't work any apparently not.

Also, is there a Q the Referee Side Deck in OTF now? Haven't found anything saying so. I thought that was for a now defunct format.
Whenever I run QTCW I put the 13 [Ref] cards in the ref pile deck section. I'm guessing I'm not the only one.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
9of24 wrote:Hmm, I guess the outside the game achievement 'bug' wasn't corrected. I had alerted the achievement team to this issue back in 2012, when I noticed it could happen and made a test deck to see how far the shenanigans could be taken. I thought a I had checked later and it didn't work any apparently not.
Well, MVB's "outside the game" cards do at least get put on his Bluegill Infestation. He put them there to game the system, but they do need to be in the list because they are on the table during his games.

By 9of24 (Jeremy Huth)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
edgeofhearing wrote:
Well, MVB's "outside the game" cards do at least get put on his Bluegill Infestation. He put them there to game the system, but they do need to be in the list because they are on the table during his games.
I disagree, those personnel could be changed from game to game since they come from outside the game and are not a part of the deck. If one wants to list such cards, I would say the deck notes field is the most appropriate place for them. I would agree it is a more defensible use of the field than my example, but still completely unneeded. If cards that come from outside the game are a part of your deck if they might have an impact on the game, simply adding a Protection Racket and Brunt of Borg to the deck list I posted makes the Fed/Car personnel/ships/facilities in the outside the game field potentially able to enter play.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
9of24 wrote:
edgeofhearing wrote:
I disagree, those personnel could be changed from game to game since they come from outside the game and are not a part of the deck. If one wants to list such cards, I would say the deck notes field is the most appropriate place for them. I would agree it is a more defensible use of the field than my example, but still completely unneeded. If cards that come from outside the game are a part of your deck if they might have an impact on the game, simply adding a Protection Racket and Brunt of Borg to the deck list I posted makes the Fed/Car personnel/ships/facilities in the outside the game field potentially able to enter play.
Technically, you are correct. But practically, if you want to print those cards, you need them to be somewhere.

-crp

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: ....

This deck is a brilliant piece of achievement cheat code optimization though. All the cards needed to qualify without the burden of having to play any of them.

Oh that's what it is, I was looking for an hour for a way how Michael got these Dominion personnel into play... So he neither used the infiltrators nor the infiltration dilemmas?

... oh well, lame :P

Ok Michael, now make a real infiltration deck.. I know you can do it!
Deck Design Strategy

And something else ... In Mtg, we always used to […]

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]

I know that, when this was ruled, it was intended[…]

I get the FL 100-0....game over in 10 minutes due […]