For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
bring it on.
Rn i feel dismissing Ultimate User and a ton of Awaken will fuel the deck much better. Maybe add Retask and Borg Dilemma to the mix.
Last edited by Ensign Q on Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Ensign Q wrote:bring it on.
Rn i feel dismissing Ultimate User and a ton of Awaken will fuel the deck much better. Maybe add Retask and Borg Dilemma to the mix.
I don't understand this.

What do you mean by "dismissing ultimate user"? As far as I can tell there's no way to get rid of it once it's in play.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
ignoring it aka not playing it

i dont see any advantages running it. freeplay is useless when you have new arrivals and you wont scout every turn for the card draw.

sure you need change of plans then, but you probably might also ignore relentless to get implants going.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
So your [Bor] [1E-TNG] theorycraft is basically "fuck these guys let's just go play regular [Bor] :borg: :borg: :borg: "?

That about right?

I mean, [Bor] [1E-TNG] is obviously not going to be everybody's bag, but as far as actual theorycraft goes it leaves a bit to be desired, methinks... :?

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Armus wrote:So your [Bor] [1E-TNG] theorycraft is basically "fuck these guys let's just go play regular [Bor] :borg: :borg: :borg: "?

That about right?

I mean, [Bor] [1E-TNG] is obviously not going to be everybody's bag, but as far as actual theorycraft goes it leaves a bit to be desired, methinks... :?
Exactly Sykes. The release article explains this pretty well, as it was our teams goal from the start.

How about we all wait till release, build decks then see how we do? :wink:

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
limiting yourself to the [1E-TNG] borgs is not enough to be a non-regular borgdeck?

thats like saying your not [1E-TNG] [Fed] if you dont run Finest Crew in the Fleet

smh.

Where is your input regarding theorycraft? got none. great. bye then

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Ensign Q wrote:limiting yourself to the [1E-TNG] borgs is not enough to be a non-regular borgdeck?

thats like saying your not [1E-TNG] [Fed] if you dont run Finest Crew in the Fleet

smh.

Where is your input regarding theorycraft? got none. great. bye then
Yes. There's a difference between a [Fed] deck and a [TNG] [Fed] deck, and that difference is the latter runs Continuing Mission and creates gameplay relevant effects for TNG logo cards by giving them the [1E-TNG] icon.

I guess you could run a [Fed] [1E-TNG] deck with a different [WC] card and Attention All Hands or something, but with [Bor] I'm not sure how you run " [Bor] [1E-TNG] " without Ultimate Consumer since there isn't any other [WC] you could put in a [Bor] deck that would do anything since by rule a [Bor] player may only use [Bor] personnel and ships.

I'm not hating so much as confused by your question and initial statement. To me the question "how do you build a [Bor] [1E-TNG] deck without Ultimate User? " is nonsensical by definition since you need Continuing Mission to establish the [1E-TNG] icon.

Though thinking about it, I suppose you can download AAH with Continuing Mission and get benefit from it if you have an Outpost in the [1E-DQ]. Is that what you were talking about? Hmmmm... that could be interesting. The biggest drawback I see there is lack of easy access to a ship, but OTOH you should be able to get a pretty solid crew assembled with your Awakens. Retask won't work unfortunately, due to a lack of ❖ [1E-TNG] Borg Cube, at least for the time being (you can't download Locutus Cube or J-25 Cube with Retask)

I apologize if I came across as dismissive - I don't think I understood what you were getting at initially.
Last edited by Armus on Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
hm yeah bummer. intuition/treksense says borg cubes should have tng property, but somehow theyre not. guess they didnt care when fc was released.
should be the next errata though.

the retask drone is tng as well though

well the main question is, whats the most efficient tng borgdeck, runnin ofc c-mission. but youre not forced to also run the user or any other [WC]. And I come to the conclusion i rather have awakens or maybe another compatible download engine. maybe maturation chamber

By Orbin (James Monsebroten)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote:hm yeah bummer. intuition/treksense says borg cubes should have tng property, but somehow theyre not. guess they didnt care when fc was released.
should be the next errata though.

the retask drone is tng as well though

well the main question is, whats the most efficient tng borgdeck, runnin ofc c-mission. but youre not forced to also run the user or any other [WC]. And I come to the conclusion i rather have awakens or maybe another compatible download engine. maybe maturation chamber
One thing to remember on this is that Consume: Technology and Consume: Resources both play on table so you need a way to get them in play (which The Ultimate User gives you an easy way to do). You could use the objectives that require you to probe, but then you're giving up a really huge advantage from the no probe objectives.

While the no download restriction seems harsh The Ultimate User does give you a free play, a card draw, and objective downloads.

If you want to take advantage of some [1E-TNG] Borg stuff one of the big decisions to make is do I use They Will Be Coming OR a Borg Outpost (my preference is Unicomplex for unique ships and Third of Five ) and Attention All Hands ?

For Download or not you need to weigh the once per turn download limit against the benefits that The Ultimate User gives you.

- James M

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
users freeplay is neglected by new arrivals which you will probably run anyway.
the carddraw is just any other turn you scout.
so the only thing user does is giving you objectives. but you can also just play them from hand or change of plans them

attention all hands+DQ outpost seems indeed almost better than twbc. might break new arrivals as well though.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote:users freeplay is neglected by new arrivals which you will probably run anyway.
the carddraw is just any other turn you scout.
so the only thing user does is giving you objectives. but you can also just play them from hand or change of plans them

attention all hands+DQ outpost seems indeed almost better than twbc. might break new arrivals as well though.
Since New Arrivals breaks when you free play more than once / turn can you tell me what your optimal is using it? Is it:
1. Card Play Personnel
2. Free Play Personnel (regardless of source)
3. Download Personnel (1 from Awaken)
4. Download Personnel on Opponent's turn (1 from Awaken)

(maximum of 3 personnel per turn with 1 more on your opponent's turn unless you use your card play to play Activate Subcommands which will net you 1 additional drone)

Because using The Ultimate User you can get:
1. Card Play Personnel (or card that enables a free play)
2. Free Play from The Ultimate User
3. Free Play from They Will Be Coming OR Attention All Hands
4. Free Play from Maturation Chamber (if you have it in play)
5. Free Play from We Are The Borg (if you have it in play)

And technically you can use Attention All Hands in a They Will Be Coming deck if you can get an outpost into the Alpha Quadrant ( Construct Starship ) though this is a bit tougher to set up since by the time you get the outpost in play you may not have many ❖ [Bor] that you can play.

(maximum of 6 personnel per turn, though not likely to go above 5 and you don't have to devote draws to A Change Of Plans).

- James M
Last edited by Orbin on Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
if only your math was right.

you forgot about the draw from new arrivals and you cant have user AND aah.
also besides red drones awaken lets you chose which drone you want. although that might be irrelevant for tng ones.
the net draw gets better for new arrivals with maturation chamber andi rate reliable card draw higher than free plays, since when you play 6 drones a turn its unlikely you do it each turn.

and if you add we are the borg to the mix, you probably want to run more than one to get one on the table, so you also want to dl red drones. no?
Last edited by Ensign Q on Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Ensign Q wrote:if only your math was right.

also besides red drones awaken lets you chose which drone you want. although that might be irrelevant for tng ones.
the net draw gets better for new arrivals with maturation chamber andi rate reliable card draw higher than free plays, since when you play 6 drones a turn its unlikely you do it each turn.
I see no reason you can't have User and AAH. How is that different from having any other [WC] card and AAH?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote:if only your math was right.

and if you add we are the borg to the mix, you probably want to run more than one to get one on the table, so you also want to dl red drones. no?
Card Play + Awaken = same number of drones as Card play of We Are The Borg. You're right that I didn't count the card draws from Attention All Hands, but as was pointed out above you can use both Attention All Hands and The Ultimate User together.

So, instead of guessing, would you be willing to share what you're thinking about seeding / playing and what your regular turn might look like?

- James M
Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]