For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Yes. Q's Tent
Its tng borg afterall

again a silly discussion, because invading ships is not singular to borg and can be prepared against.
Last edited by Ensign Q on Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Ensign Q wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:55 am Yes. Q's Tent
Its tng borg afterall
Unless you are running with QT:CW, which [Bor] players usually do when playing Borg of any kind.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Professor Scott wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:14 am
Its tng borg afterall
Unless you are running with QT:CW, which [Bor] players usually do when playing Borg of any kind.
if you check the lists most tng borg plays drawdeck tents.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Ensign Q wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:19 am
Professor Scott wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:14 am
Its tng borg afterall
if you check the lists most tng borg plays drawdeck tents.
I didn't run the numbers, but remember some of them are TNG and some are TNG Only. I just meant that don't assume all [1E-TNG] [Bor] use base QT.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Q is correct there about Tent choice, however the usual strategy is to go planet first, so if you’re making sure you have a transport inhibitor early on it means foregoing something else from the tent (We Are The Borg is my usual first choice)

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
I'm ok with lackey for a purely exhibition promotional match.

I've reached the covid induced "I don't know how much I care about things" stage of my trek career. A year and a half of no live games has caused me to lose my zest for card games but maybe a esports style game with announcers might pep me up a bit.

I'll probably just build something totally new. Bring all the transport inhibitors you want, it hasn't stopped me from winning yet.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
so for the honor of borg and the settlement of the broken deck discussion we run tng borg against battleborg? might as well coinflip the first attack though lol

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
JAGER VS Q!!!!

The match of the year y'all!

I'd sell your grandma to see this.

And I volunteer to commentate :D

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
sexecutioner wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:00 am JAGER VS Q!!!!

If it's tng Borg vs battle Borg it will be a super boring and super quick match - not really worth commentating on. I suggest me playing battle Borg vs non-borg deck so you actually see what is that everyone is saying

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
you underestimate tng borg. if your bbd fizzles or tng starts the game, they will tent for ablative armor and start solving.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015

For what it is worth, Kevin and I had a text exchange about Battle Borg vs. TNG Borg a few weeks ago and we determined Battle Borg could lock TNG Borg out on turn 2. I personally don't see the point of show casing this match, knowing full well what Kevin will do in advance.

But, sure, go ahead and run it if y'all want to...

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
LORE wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:40 pm

For what it is worth, Kevin and I had a text exchange about Battle Borg vs. TNG Borg a few weeks ago and we determined Battle Borg could lock TNG Borg out on turn 2. I personally don't see the point of show casing this match, knowing full well what Kevin will do in advance.

I think the consensus is that Q needs to learn for himself bc he can't bring himself to believe those of us with the experience and record. He needs to have his hand burnt on purpose like Ian Troi before he's willing to accept the stove is hot. I'm willing to be the stove that burns him right through his Ablative armor.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
I may not be quite as good with it as Kev, but I could demo it for the most part

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
LORE wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:40 pm

Ensign Q wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:51 pm you underestimate tng borg. if your bbd fizzles or tng starts the game, they will tent for ablative armor and start solving.
So, I think both of the above points are cogent. I speak from direct experience having played TNG Borg in (not a) Worlds and going against both Carter and Seppel playing Battle Borg Variants.

I lost to Carter 100-30 and beat Seppel 100-0.

My biggest mistakes: Not putting Ablative Armor and Transport Inhibitor in my Q's Tent. As such, I was vulnerable to both ship and personnel battle and had to try to play around it. Deckbuilding lesson learned.

As for the games themselves, it was an exercise in contrasts.

Against Carter, he came in gunning for my ship. His Queen's Cube vs. my J-25 Cube was a mismatch. Despite drawing into Maximum Firepower, he didn't do the same so I was unable to hit him and go damaged. On my turn I beamed down people to the planet and started scouting. I cleared the mission but stayed on the planet. On his turn he finished off my cube and I brought in Locutus's Cube. I played some more guys, beamed up, got my 30 points, and tried to run away, but Carter was able to keep up. On his next turn he flew over and we battled each other, both played Maximum Firepower, and took each other out. The problem was I was out of Cubes while he was able to bring in his Locutus's Cube and have the spaceline to himself. The rest of the game was academic.

Against Seppel, it was a whole different setup... he wanted my people. In an effort to not get slaughtered, I very intentionally didn't play any of my counterparts, which limited him to only Assimilate Species. My goal was to just keep plowing through missions no matter what. Seppel took about 2 crews worth of people as I worked my way though my 2 planets, and snaked my last Q of Borg before I went to space, but I chose wisely on my space mission and avoided Cytherians, and between Skill gain, skill sharing, and adapts, I was able to get my last 5 unstopped borgs through his last dilemma at my space mission for the win. I think he made a couple of mistakes along the way, which gave me some precious time to get through missions, and had I not gotten a couple breaks, things may have turned out very differently. One thing that I wasn't was any kind of threat to him, so regardless of the specifics, the fact was I was the hunted the whole game and not the hunter - I just happened to run quick enough to get away with this one.

Conclusion: I think Battle Borg has the edge in this matchup, but a well-built TNG Borg build that is sufficiently prepared could (almost literally) make a run of it. As always, it comes down to preparation, player skill, and maybe a little bit of luck.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation