For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
Spectre9 wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:
I'm actually at the point where I just stopped playing the game because of it.
I'm very sorry to hear this, and hope it doesn't end up being a permanent situation.
I still want to play the game I just don't want to feel like I'm playing at a massive disadvantage if I choose to play non-Borg. Sure some local metas don't want to scare players away so people don't play Borg but things are different either online or at big tournaments.
If I played 1e to win, I'd probably get frustrated too. Instead I play 1e to make people squirm when Mardah and Jake get busy in the holosuite. I win some games, I lose some games, but I have fun every time.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
TOS is a little over the top indeed, thanks to so many dilemma nullifier and the unwillingness to at least bring them on par (uhura discussion). theyre nowhere near 22nd levels of stupid.

Borg isnt as strong as spectre says. he is just unexperienced with the game, plays decks he doesnt understand and then blames borg for it.

Battledecks are annoying and strong, but Ablative Armor and Transporter Inhibitor go some way there.
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
Ensign Q wrote:
Borg isnt as strong as spectre says. he is just unexperienced with the game, plays decks he doesnt understand and then blames borg for it.
I'm so happy that this statement comes from a player here from the beginning with huge experience in all variations of the game and who is not asking so many questions simply answered by the glossary...

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Ensign Q wrote: theyre nowhere near 22nd levels of stupid.
I dunno... [22] has been hit with a few errata nerf bats now and I'm not sure I'd put them over [OS] [Fed] at this point.

Don't get me wrong, they're still good, but it's hardly a runaway.
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
edgeofhearing wrote: played 1e to win, I'd probably get frustrated too. Instead I play 1e to make people squirm when Mardah and Jake get busy in the holosuite. I win some games, I lose some games, but I have fun every time.
That's why, during my Masters deck, I had Sergei and Helena make out before Worf and Jadzia. Wasn't sure which would've been worse - hearing your parents "making out" or hearing your children "making out"

Michael,
silly rabbit

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Clerasil ToB wrote:
Ensign Q wrote:
I'm so happy that this statement comes from a player here from the beginning with huge experience in all variations of the game and who is not asking so many questions simply answered by the glossary...
what does that mean?
have you played spectre? have you played me?
if not, gtfo

regarding 22nd. i dont mean its current state but its heyday before all nerfs. i think theyre still on par with tos if anybody really tried.

By Spectre9
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I have done testing and had many private discussions about strategy against battle Borg.

My opinions on the matter are grounded in solid theory.

I really don't think it's worth going through the same arguments again at this point in time.

Some battle Borg cards have been watch listed and it is up to all of us to provide feedback on how powerful those watch listed cards are in our gameplay experience.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
but have you played borg yourself yet and learned its weaknesses?

"solid theory"

where is the borg domination in event winnings?
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
Ensign Q wrote:
Clerasil ToB wrote:
Ensign Q wrote:
what does that mean?
have you played spectre? have you played me?
if not, gtfo
Too complex? Ok, I'll rephrase: YOU are spamming the Rules section with questions including really tough ones like the question about a skill viewtopic.php?f=310&t=40752. So YOU are creating the impression that YOU are unexperienced with the game and YOU play a game you don't understand.

But that has to be wrong because you are saying about other players, that they play decks they don't understand...

By Mogh, Son Of Worf (Meinhard S. Rohr)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Swedish National Champion 2018
Clerasil ToB wrote:
Boo-urn :eggplant: :heart: :beer:

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Guys, please lay off personal snipes at each other.

By Spectre9
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I just did some testing with Borg.

What I discovered is that they have a lot of really powerful drones and have a lot of ways to manipulate draws into downloads.

Having the right objective at the right time is very easy thanks to the queen getting you a change of plans. You can play 10 of each queen and just free persona swap them every turn to have the best of both.

I guess you sorta have to draw into the right drones at the right time and I can see why a lot of the recent Borg decks are running lean draw decks not just for the probing requirements.

I found it quite easy to pressure my opponent on turn 3 hovering around with a fully staffed cube and a rapidly building crew ready to pounce on any undocked ship despite not being an experienced Borg player. The only problem with the deck I was playing was it didn't have quite all the objective options I would've liked but that is easily fixed.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
havn´t encounted a now-days borg deck. i wonder how well / bad its goint to go in the tournament.

so if borg play docking procesures, the docking is complete at end of turn and then gets blown away?

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
no i meant they could play it when a ship tries to undock and attempt missions. with docking procedures they cannot undock this turn and get blown away in the borg turn..
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation