For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
you know, people ask questions to learn and get better at the game.

actually i played the match that triggered spectres borg rage. he was playing a netdecked kazon deck and misplayed a ton. obviously he lost.
after that he started raging on the discord how op borg is and appearently never stopped.

facts are, borg cant attack outposts, unlike other battledecks, nor can they attack at will and blowing stuff up only prevents you from scoring points, so borg wont win doing this. as soon you finished scouting you pretty much unable to battle for some turns.
meanwhile you can just solve your homeworld and win modified.
and so on.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
What I find highly annoying and un-Borg in the TNG Borg is that they do not need to probe for their objective and cannot be stalled by suicide attacks.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Caretaker's Guest wrote:What I find highly annoying and un-Borg in the TNG Borg is that they do not need to probe for their objective and cannot be stalled by suicide attacks.
Honestly, that sounds EXTREMELY like the TNG Borg to me. The Borg of "Q Who?" did not dither waiting for results and they did not give a single crap what you did (or tried to do) to them. They were Relentless.

My only concern is that these things may make them too strong. (Although decks have to be very strong to compete with [OS] [Fed] and other top-tier decks these days.)
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
Ensign Q wrote:you know the decipher game had strong answers, but the cc nerfed it.
The Weak Will Perish
Even with the Errata this dilemma is quite a magic bullet against [1E-TNG] [Bor] . It costs you at least two turns to recover - this was the reason why I've lost my game against Steve at the latest tournament

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I feel the problem is more the non-borg nerf, since its pretty much only useful against (tng) borg now. Thats too limiting.
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
Ensign Q wrote:I feel the problem is more the non-borg nerf, since its pretty much only useful against (tng) borg now. Thats too limiting.
Completely agree, it's one of the "meta" dilemmas right now - if you think you'll face a lot of TNG Borg at the next event, you'll take it with you...

By Spectre9
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote:
actually i played the match that triggered spectres borg rage. he was playing a netdecked kazon deck and misplayed a ton. obviously he lost.
after that he started raging on the discord how op borg is and appearently never stopped.
Sorry I didn't respond to this earlier.

I barely remember that game but yes I do remember the deck not being able to handle getting Voyager blown up.

I have played against Borg a lot since then and lost almost every time. I do mainly play squishy solver decks yes but it is very difficult to get a full win before Borg start destroying your ships and assimilating your away teams because they play a dilemma strategy specifically to delay you as much as possible.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
ok, but i played borg since then and lost a lot of games. granted im not the best player either, but if the faction was op, id figured it out by now.

borg is either tunneling one strategy, ignoring everything else, but then loses to random decks that disturb that plan
or you stuff your deck full of options, making it extremly inconsistent. so yeah, you might have been on the short stick when the deck went off, but it might have lost the next 5 games.

getting steamrolled by a specific "counter"strategy might feel op, but its not.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
one year later, whats the current opinion of the gamestate?

borg seems to have completely shifted to TNG. I myself dropped regular borg as well, because its too bad.

otherwise the meta feels pretty balanced to me.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Ensign Q wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:56 pm one year whats the current opinion of the gamestate?

borg seems to have completely shifted to TNG. I myself dropped regular borg as well, because its too bad.

otherwise the meta feels pretty balanced to me.
If you come ready for dilemmas (e.g. make sure you have key skill redundancy) Battle borg only loses when an opponent is REALLY ready or you make a mistake

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
what actually is that mysterious battle borg suppose to be? i havent seen a competitive list yet. and everything i can come up with is way too slow. is there any data to back up that claim?

it seems the only winning guy was you in august
https://www.trekcc.org/1e/decklists/ind ... ckID=23645

nobody else did, not even you. so its hardly op
the battle bridge alone makes it pretty unreliable, let alone the decksize.
i fizzled my only 2 attacks with that setup, then dropped it.
every deck can get a random win

the whole situation seems like the "gentlemen agreement" situation in mtg. when they banned "mystical tutor" it was supposed to be the unbeatable juggernaut, that nobody played, because obv players dont like to win and nerf themselves. https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/a ... 2010-06-25
thank god the situation did cost the guy his job in the aftermath.

if anything game should encourage players to engage more combat, so solver decks dont minmax against each other and drop all defense. (in a meta full of paper, scissors seem op)

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Ensign Q wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:06 pm what actually is that mysterious battle borg suppose to be? i havent seen a competitive list yet. and everything i can come up with is way too slow. is there any data to back up that claim?
*Twitch twitch twitch neck spasm fist clench*

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Hoss-Drone wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:00 pm
Ensign Q wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:06 pm what actually is that mysterious battle borg suppose to be? i havent seen a competitive list yet. and everything i can come up with is way too slow. is there any data to back up that claim?
*Twitch twitch twitch neck spasm fist clench*
Hey Kev I know you hate Lackey, but maybe you could make an exception to set up a "demonstration"? :shifty:
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I'd watch that livestream.
Question for noob

Is the question how to report a [MQ] personnel in[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]