For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.
  • 100 posts

By Spectre9
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
James abused Borg powers to the max and it was unstoppable.

Dirty job but somebody had to do it. :cheersR:

You say the ship can be blown up but with limited free play nobody is getting the weapons to blow up a cube before Borg win the game.

Borgs power seems to be entirely in their potential speed by being immune to most good dilemmas in the format or just being able to nullify them.

I'm not sure I liked the scientific diplomacy stuff in my deck. The extra freeplay really didn't make much difference and it didn't give me much flexibility of where to put my outpost.

I played against 2 Borg decks and a mirror match out of my 4 games so I don't think I really got the best from my deck. I would include less missions that could be stolen next time. I was worried about point loss strategies but really the main weapons everybody went for are the Shades of Gray stuff.

I would actually ban the Shades of Gray stuff myself. I don't think TNG only pool is really suited to pass the boosted requirements. I can see why it was good in open play with all the 7 skill Voyager personnel are others of their like out there.

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Spectre9 wrote: I would actually ban the Shades of Gray stuff myself. I don't think TNG only pool is really suited to pass the boosted requirements. I can see why it was good in open play with all the 7 skill Voyager personnel are others of their like out there.
I think I had opponent away teams hit my Barclay's (after filters) 5 times and died 4 times. Only once did I need Shades of Grey to make it work. In fairness a couple of the teams were small, but two of them were basically everyone they had.

I like the Shades of Grey stuff, and I'd like to hear if everyone else thought it was good/too good/not good?
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
geraldkw wrote:I like the Shades of Grey stuff, and I'd like to hear if everyone else thought it was good/too good/not good?
I played with it. It certainly helped out on some of the dilemmas.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I think the Shades of Grey suite is right where this format should be, as far as difficulty and consequences.

I think the Borg are out of reach in this format. I do wonder what an anti-Borg deck would look like in this format, though.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
since i was planning to run borg myself back then, I think the best counter is either klingon/romulan armada, as i mentioned a couple of times or some kind of ferengi brew.
ferengis homeworld cant be assimilated, so there is that at least.
borg lack multiplexor drone, so they should be a somewhat easy target if you manage to report enough firepower.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Ensign Q wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:53 am since i was planning to run borg myself back then, I think the best counter is either klingon/romulan armada, as i mentioned a couple of times or some kind of ferengi brew.
ferengis homeworld cant be assimilated, so there is that at least.
borg lack multiplexor drone, so they should be a somewhat easy target if you manage to report enough firepower.
That's true in theory - you'll take some casualties but you only have to take out one cube to end the game for the Borg player (no Federation Flagship:Recovered). However, the bigger problem is that the borg are so stinking fast and the TNG dilemmas are... not good... that the Borg player can burn through 3 objectives before you can build up enough to come shoot them.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
im not too familiar with tng borg and maybe i built a somewhat bad deck, but i dont remember being so insanely fast, that there was no window to report stuff. between romulus and quonos there should be tons of free reports to get personnel down and Spacedoor should get you ships.
or maybe some space time portal shenenigans.

when it comes to dilemma, there is cytherians unless borg finds an early Q and the SoG: Anguish Piles are also somewhat scary.

anyway, i wouldnt write off borg as unbeatable for now. and if so, maybe we get some tools to delay them in the future that will not break full otf? at least, afterall its true to the series
Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]