For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.
  • 100 posts
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
We're going to be starting a period of public playtesting very soon to test a card pool based almost entirely on cards with the Star Trek: The Next Generation property logo. I've got an article explaining the details coming out soon, but as part of that article, I needed a landing place for discussion about deck designs and theory crafting. Thus, this post was born. I'll make a reply once the article is live with more details.

But if you're interesting in giving this a shot, I've got an online tournament scheduled for June 2020. It's OTF Constructed, but using this TNG-only card pool (TNG property logo cards and any mission). Give it a shot, and help us decide if this format has legs.

More soon.

-crp

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
This is one place where my griping about the universal ships from the TNG/DS9 era not having an iteration for each is relevant (beyond the usual breaking of Reshape the Quadrant for the others), as the Cardassians' galor and keldon are DS9 only, sadly. So they're limited to grabbing Supply ships for an attention all hands download.

They also have no facilities with the TNG property logo, so its neutral or non-aligned ones if you want to play [1E-TNG] [Car].

On a positive note, it'll really scramble the dilemma options, definitely still some great stuff and fun combos, but no Dead End in the pool. Sorry Romulans, no Nelvana Trap either (for want of an Engage Cloak).

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Why not throw in Generations, First Contact, Insurrection, and Nemesis for fun? It makes sense thematically and opens the card pool a bit (especially for [Bor] ).
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
princedetenebres wrote:This is one place where my griping about the universal ships from the TNG/DS9 era not having an iteration for each is relevant (beyond the usual breaking of Reshape the Quadrant for the others), as the Cardassians' galor and keldon are DS9 only, sadly. So they're limited to grabbing Supply ships for an attention all hands download.

They also have no facilities with the TNG property logo, so its neutral or non-aligned ones if you want to play [1E-TNG] [Car].

On a positive note, it'll really scramble the dilemma options, definitely still some great stuff and fun combos, but no Dead End in the pool. Sorry Romulans, no Nelvana Trap either (for want of an Engage Cloak).
These are the types of situations we're hoping to shine a spotlight on. If this goes well, but there are obvious missing pieces, we can fix that with new versions or new reprints. But we can't know that until we try. The lack of a [Car] Outpost is a problem. And I'd say a TNG AI of Engage Cloak would be welcome.

Ensign Q wrote:cool idea, but without ablative armor, i can already imagine how it will play out lol
You don't have Ablative Armor, but aggressive players also don't have a lot of their best toys.
Marauder Mo wrote:Why not throw in Generations, First Contact, Insurrection, and Nemesis for fun? It makes sense thematically and opens the card pool a bit (especially for [Bor] ).
The goal is to keep the definition as simple as possible. Adding four more property logos might not seem like much, but it's a lot of extra information to track during deck building and during games. I'd much rather start simply and expand than the other way around.

-crp
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
Absolutely love the idea. I remember the days when I started to play tournaments in the late 90's / early 2000's our local judge pulled out such event quite frequently (even without the power of the [1E-TNG] icon back then)...

So am I right that also Q The Referee won't be a thing here? (I remember back then the exceptions were Missions, Reprinted versions of original TNG cards and [Ref] cards...)

So yes, great thing, I'm happy to be part of this first try

:cheersL: :cheersL: :cheersL: :borg: :cheersR: :cheersR: :cheersR:
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
Fun fact: I've just browsed though all my [1E-TNG] decks - NONE of them is to be played at this event as I've built them, some key cards have other property logos...NICE

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
So here's a question: Will there be any new TNG icon cards coming out between now and when this gig kicks off? Or can I start planning with the card pool as it sits?

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]