For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.
  • 100 posts

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
yeah now im the idiot for caring about winning, well played sir. Pretty much everyone here is real sensitive about revealing informations, even so far how much points to report as result.
I could easily find quotes on the discord chat, showing you dont care at all about your results.
I just regret ever interacting with you more and more.
Besides I left the Dojo on my behalf, because I couldnt care less about anyone respecting me there and I also expressed my impression of this community earlier.
Until yesterday I thought you were one of the few "normal" personalities here though.

Throwing together a buch of rough sketches is quick, but the finetuning takes time. well not your time.

Im sorry for all this derail, but I didnt start it.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Boffo97 wrote:If you guys really want to keep sniping at each other, can we please take it to PM?
There is nothing further to say, he just won't stop with the personal attacks. Ensign Q, I shall see you on the battlefield, until then mind your tongue.

Oh and that is me officially throwing my hat back into the ring.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I'm locking this thread until tomorrow. Once again, please take this to PM. No one else wants to see it.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Hi guys. I saw some questions I will answer.

1) Does this tournament affect rankings?

It is currently scheduled as a normal, Level 1 tournament - the same as any local event. Thus, there may be an impact on your rating/ranking if you play. I'm willing to consider making it an unranked tournament, but doing that has other consequences - no achievements, mostly. It's not "competitive" in that there are no special other prizes on the line, and the ratings impact is as small as possible.

_Everyone_ who plays will get prizes.

2) Can we add [Ref] cards?

I'm open to the possibility. I'll put a poll together of people who are pre-registered and we'll make an informed decision.

3) Can we add the TNG movies?

Not at this time. In particular, I don't want to add full-complexity Borg which would be done if we added First Contact. It's possible we could add in the movies, or some of the movies, in the future. But doing so adds a lot of complexity to the format that I'm trying to define as simply as possible.

4) We're missing X, Y, and Z important cards!

One of the goals of this experiment is figuring this exact thing out. I want to know what this format is missing to be a) fair, b) fun, and c) interesting. If we play this event out and decide that we really need a Dead End or a Villagers With Torches, we can make TNG-property logo AI versions of those. But we won't know that until we play and find out.

Outside of these questions, I want everyone to keep in mind the goal here: to get data and find out if this card pool might be something we can embrace. If we want to recruit new people, we have to have some card pools available that are smaller. Block didn't really work, and this is an idea I think has a lot of potential. Please don't let the drive to win, or to be competitive, interfere with the goal of getting data and, most of all, having fun. It's okay to be competitive and to want to win, but it's not okay to make this personal or drag feuds into it. It's about slinging cards. So please, I'm begging everyone to keep this civil and friendly.

-crp

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Any chance of a DS9-only event in July or August?

I'm running a Voyager Constructed in September as part of the Return to Farpoint series. That gives us 3 different environments in which to gather data for a limited format.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Spectre9 wrote:I think no ref cards then everybody can try to abuse the lack of ref cards and we will actually find out for sure.

That should be part of the point of doing it in my opinion.
I agree with Spectre, much as I'm an advocate for ref cards, this is a playtest of a new format. Let's have a look to see whether that's necessary or not here.

If someone wants to be a jerk and prove their necessity, by all means, that's the point of playtesting -- to see if the format is ok, or can be broken.
Armus wrote:Any chance of a DS9-only event in July or August?

I'm running a Voyager Constructed in September as part of the Return to Farpoint series. That gives us 3 different environments in which to gather data for a limited format.

I think this one, sadly, would be harder to pull off than Voyager or TNG. The gaps are seemingly much wider in this, Decipher did, with voyager, try to do some critical reprints to make it a stand-alone format (I think there's even reference to it in the glossary and OPG if I'm not mistaken). Whereas DS9 never really got that love, so I'd imagine it'd need some extra alternate-image love from art to make it really viable.

Though I guess if you did, it'd give you a chance to bust out your triple treaty without feeling like you were sacrificing anything, since it's not like side decks would be a thing anyway

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
i also vote for no refcards

only cards i would like to see added are the klingon challenge cards, since technically they should belong to tng.
also the ccg ones.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
after some more playtesting, im back on the klingons is best train.

They have the best reports in the format, crazy strong ships and turtling doesnt work at all. Cytherians at Evade Borg Vessel, Sheliak at Secure Base and youre screwed.

But more problematic feels the fast development.
First Edition Balance Manager
By JasonRed3 (Jason Robinette)
 - First Edition Balance Manager
 -  
Clerasil ToB wrote:First test impressions: you should concider to add all the [Ref] cards and Tribunal of Q to the card pool. I know, 1E design wants to get rid of them (I still don't understand why), but let me give you some examples we came across while testing:
I'm not going to presume to speak for design, but I think that the intention/desire has always been to make them unnecessary, not just to get rid of them. They only exist to fix perceived problems with the game, and if those problems are fixed, they become useless (which would be a good thing to me, since their entire purpose would be fulfilled)

J

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
dont play klingon/rom/fed only or battle borg with your armada of ships to either prevent probing or kill their cube. since there is no multiplexor drone, you only lose one ship max- which seems the bigger problem, so klingons still is the best deck.

there also is no willing companion, so borg is limited to one counterpart.

seed dilemma at he homeworld that stops them and solve quicker

Or play NA or Ferengi.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation