For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.
  • 100 posts

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
the [WC] are report cards and no draws.

duck blind is pretty unreliable, since you cant staff it t1 that easily and the guys are always in danger to get murdered.

so that makes 2 draws a turn, wow.

what i want? the og cm for example.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
^ We've been spoiled rotten by the post-2015 draw meta. Draws SHOULD be bloody hard to get.

(Try drawing cards in the OTF 1999 tournament! Now THAT's a challenge.)

Also: don't sleep on Let's See What's Out There in the TNG meta. Even in Complete, it's stronger than people realize, but, in the TNG-only game, you very rarely have to worry about different quadrants, making LSWOT much better.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
BCSWowbagger wrote:^ We've been spoiled rotten by the post-2015 draw meta. Draws SHOULD be bloody hard to get.

(Try drawing cards in the OTF 1999 tournament! Now THAT's a challenge.)

Also: don't sleep on Let's See What's Out There in the TNG meta. Even in Complete, it's stronger than people realize, but, in the TNG-only game, you very rarely have to worry about different quadrants, making LSWOT much better.
Also Mirror Image is not legal so Kivas Fajo - Collector is safe.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Ensign Q wrote:well part of the problem is, your team dies as easy to a bunch of dilemma and then it takes ages to recover.
So you play slower and more cautiously, (maybe not as slow and cautiously as I did though). I killed your crew, and you managed just fine.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
i managed fine in 2+hrs of time and 14 turns.
besides its kinda silly the game can be decided whoever draws into traveler first.

but how about you guys contribute your feedback instead of just criticizing mine? but appearently thats all this community is capable of..

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Ensign Q wrote:i managed fine in 2+hrs of time and 14 turns.
besides its kinda silly the game can be decided whoever draws into traveler first.

but how about you guys contribute your feedback instead of just criticizing mine? but appearently thats all this community is capable of..
See this is why people get at you. The context of this jab about not contributing should have been in a separate reply, because as it is, it implies that you think I was not contributing feedback and that I am criticizing you or your feedback. Clearly that was not your intent, and I will not take it personally, but for the record, I am the only one replying to you and I certainly did not criticize you in anyway. I did offer a constructive suggestion to play slower, and in the same breath condemned my own slowplaying as too slow.

Keep in mind, this particular post is open to those that want to contribute to this particular play environment, much like the rest of the forums, if they don't want to post feedback, they don't have too.

As far as the drawing The Traveler: Transcendence first, isn't that the way the PAQ era was? How many games have you lost by 1 turn by not having gone first? How is drawing Traveler first or second any different than that. In our game I got lucky drawing into it. Did it help me in any way? No clearly not, which has more to do with my deck design and game play, than it has anything to do with your design or game play.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
the traveler was an insane advantage, but yeah, you chose to float in space and not attempt any missions, so it didnt win you the game. I dont think you can say the game was fair, just because you lost to chilling.
also doubt me playing slower would have finished the game actually faster. after a while yeah you might carefully consider what dilemma piles your opponent has seeded, but rn its unknown space. one thing that might speed up over time. but remember your first seed, it would have taken me ages to overcome unharmed.

maybe PAQ was more onesided, idk. But Id rather have a more balanced meta today, thats not equal to complete.
dont forget, this isnt paq. some powercreep already happened in certain areas.
that said, some nerfs regarding to complete also might bite this format in the ass now.
for example 2 draws from cm seems just fine to speed up the game and aah report to ship would open up other quads...
its as if those cards were designed with a limited card pool in mind..

about replys. every other reply i get on this forum basically sums up under : "your opinions is wrong, everything is fine" and not much of constructive alternative povs, so I might change my opinion.
I really cant handle the personalities presented by this community much longer and I also feel thats what is wanted. People seem they want to live in their safespace like they did the last 30yrs without any disturbance until the game is finally gone.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Ensign Q wrote:the traveler was an insane advantage, but yeah, you chose to float in space and not attempt any missions, so it didnt win you the game. I dont think you can say the game was fair, just because you lost to chilling.
also doubt me playing slower would have finished the game actually faster. after a while yeah you might carefully consider what dilemma piles your opponent has seeded, but rn its unknown space. one thing that might speed up over time. but remember your first seed, it would have taken me ages to overcome unharmed.

maybe PAQ was more onesided, idk. But Id rather have a more balanced meta today, thats not equal to complete.
dont forget, this isnt paq. some powercreep already happened in certain areas.
that said, some nerfs regarding to complete also might bite this format in the ass now.

about replys. every other reply i get on this forum basically sums up under : "your opinions is wrong, everything is fine" and not much of constructive alternative povs, so I might change my opinion.
I really cant handle the personalities presented by this community much longer and I also feel thats what is wanted. People seem they want to live in their safespace like they did the last 30yrs without any disturbance until the game is finally gone.
The extra draw is a huge advantage, no one is arguing that, I played 1 in a 63 card deck drawing it in the first 10 cards of the came was lucky, I could have played 6 in the deck and still not drawn one the whole game. You could have played Duck Blind like I did. Heck Kamala can staff the Duck Blind by herself. You even played at least one Kivas Fajo - Collector, which I didn't even stock in my deck.
Last edited by Professor Scott on Fri May 01, 2020 5:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Ensign Q wrote:id prefer to not reveal my whole deck here, since a tournament i coming...
There is like 5 possible decks in this environment, [Fed], [Kli], [Rom], [Fer], and [Bor] or some variant. I applauded anyone trying to use only [NA] or [Car]. I did not reveal the truly unique aspects of your deck.

If you have decided to on your deck already, then that's your choice, [Fer] was never my plan but you asked my to play test it against you. You and I have already talked about what we think will win, and I thought this was a tournament format to determine the viability of this environment, not an actual competitive (ie can effect your ranking) tournament.

If this tournament is going to effect rankings in anyway, I think that is a poor decision for play test tournament. MidnightLich Please confirm if this is in fact a ranking effecting tournament.
Last edited by Professor Scott on Fri May 01, 2020 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Professor Scott wrote:
There is like 5 possible decks in this environment, [Fed], [Kli], [Rom], [Fer], and [Bor] or some variant. I applauded anyone trying to use only [NA] or [Car].
Don't sell [1E-TNG] [NA] short. there's definitely options there.

Also... KAQ2 is back on the menu, boys!
Last edited by Armus on Fri May 01, 2020 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation