For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Is it a Borg three-mission win deck? A rare bird indeed who can pull that off, and I'm curious how you managed it.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
So, funny story. I literally don't remember posting this. I'm guessing I bumped a button or something.

Anyway, since it's up, sure let's discuss!

First off, the dilemmas probably need re-looked at and updated. I last played this deck 6 years ago and it probably shows.

Second off, it IS supposed to be a Borg 3 mission win deck with Establish Gateway, Assimilate Homeworld, and either a second EG or Assimilate Planet, plus Resistance is Futile

After playing it, I've concluded that the only reason to play it is if you feel like chasing the Good Casting - Combs: Brunt of Borg achievement.

Why such a harsh judgement? Because the exact same deck concept can be built around Data of Borg and be much more efficient - up to a full turn faster with his RiF [DL] saving you a valuable card play and being able to drop in at suspend play speed on your last objective for the win.

In fact, that was my plan B (or plan C?) in my Stop First Contact deck that I played at ManasSTARCADE in 2018. There were other tricks in that deck too, but I did win at least one game with a 3-objective win, and really it was just a better version of Borg compared to my Brunt deck.

So there's my thoughts. I hope they helped.

Please feel free to ask if you have any other questions! :cheersL:

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Interesting (of course :borg: ).
BCSWowbagger wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:42 pm Is it a Borg three-mission win deck? A rare bird indeed who can pull that off, and I'm curious how you managed it.
With Harness available, why is a 3-mission win not "super-easy, barely an inconvenience"?

Edit: I see the errata on HP010 now -- "with no [BO] on it". Does this -- somehow!? -- mean it has become much less playable? How? Seems you can still change of plans another [BO] [Obj] to safely (and leisurely, if need be 8) ) scout for the Particle, right?
 -  
Community Contributor
Harness Particle decks are traditionally 2-mission win decks.

There are three main types of Borg deck: HP010 2-mission win decks, Stop First Contact 2-mission win decks, and assimilator lockout decks that don't try especially hard to get 100 points at all.

3-mission win Borg decks are a rare bird.
 -  
Community Contributor
LORE wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:03 pm
BCSWowbagger wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:01 pm...and lockout decks that don't try especially hard to get 100 points at all.
Don't you dare judge my "make it to 40 points and see if they can top that" strategy! :wink:
Dude, no judgment! You only ran it at Nats after you saw me run it locally!

@Paddy: True, TNG decks are good at 3-mission wins. I still see them as the new kidz on the block figuring out their niche, but I guess they've been out for very nearly a year now! The niche is settled!

Pandemic time was weird.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I have a 2-mission and a 4-mission(!) win [Bor] deck; then I ran out of Queens. Actually, I ran out of most rare [BO] cards at the former, and thus the latter is only a very bad, slow, deck -- and needs 4 missions to win. Had a lot of fun with it, though! I loved breaking some drones out of Akritarian prison, and converting 3 counterparts (one of which came via satellite) to excellent drones to get enough dilemma-busting skills.
BCSWowbagger wrote:Pandemic time was weird.
I wish my brain didn't register this as a "syntax error" or some sort -- but an error in any case. :neutral:
KazonPADD wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:17 pm
BCSWowbagger wrote: 3-mission win Borg decks are a rare bird.
[1E-TNG] [Bor] Begs to differ! (Of course Suden prefers Traditional card pool though)
True. However, I do dabble occasionally in Virtual/Complete. On my backburner (read: half-finished decks in deck builder) are -- among many Traditional and some other Virtual -- [SF] (maybe regular and MACO; or rolled-into-one, not sure), [Vul] , and a [TNG] [Bor] deck. The former two I started making myself from scratch, long ago; the latter I copied and modified (perhaps even from you, Padd; did you publish a staple TNG BOR deck?). But it takes a long time for me to get decks straight, with all the weird building "rules" and RPG conventions I restrict myself with. And eventually, my priorities do switch to Traditional, yes. But there's hope -- or a gradual decline towards oblivion, depending how you see it. Not sure, myself. 8)
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
A couple actually. This is the original one:

https://www.trekcc.org/1e/decklists/in ... ckID=21884

And this is the most recent iteration:

https://www.trekcc.org/1e/decklists/in ... ckID=23428

V3 will include Emergency Transporter Armbands in the Tent to avoid Quantum Singularity Lifeform lock-outs.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
KazonPADD wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:51 pmV3 will include Emergency Transporter Armbands in the Tent to avoid Quantum Singularity Lifeform lock-outs.
Ah! I read about that somewhere! Must remember to look into all that, when I get on with that deck. Because however my priorities do lie, there is now a gaping hole in my sou-- in the choir of collective voices in my head, that will not be filled until I have played with all these new, heinously bleak, Borg cards.
I really want to consume a Husnock outpost, though. (And IIRC, that wasn't possible...? Somehow? Gonna look it up now.)

Oh, and very nice touch of fate, that those armbands are actually from (or at least used in) the Shattered Space episode (which featured the QSL crisis)! Man, did I love that one.
Question for noob

You can use Defend Homeworld instead of Quark[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]