For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By Praetor
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Anyone remember any good dilemma combos from just premiere? I have done some searching and couldn’t find much on the topic. Even decklists don’t supply the combinations.

Thanks in advance.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Dilemmas in Premiere aren't too comboliscious, but you can do some.

Ktarian Game --> Birth of "Junior" --> Cytherians

Female's Love Interest --> Anaphasic Organism --> Matriarchal Society
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
For making combos, I usually try to do filter --> filter --> wall

Filter = a dilemma that takes out 1 or two people
Wall = a dilemmas that stops everyone

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
birth into cytherians def was scary back then. no need for game even

armus + nausicaans also was painful killing people really hurt in premiere unlike today
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Tsiolkovsky + Shaka. Diplomacy was always the first-listed skill in Premiere...

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Is this a necro? If so, I think it's warranted.

Help wanted: dilemma combos for two Collector's Tin decks!

This puzzle wouldn't let me rest; and I've been working on a set of decks to be made from that tin.

I mentioned two ideas that I thought of in that topic. In this and the next few posts, I mused on the "conventional"(?) idea of building the best possible deck for either [Kli] or [1E-Rom] , and then weaked a potential [Fed] deck enough so that it becomes balanced.
However, from this post forward, I started toying with the idea of actually using a [Kli] / [1E-Rom] treaty.
The idea intrigued me, and surprisingly, I got a good skill matrix going for doing some missions with only the KLI side, while the ROMs can go hunt Feds until the treaty is played.
Looking at it now, it seems that the Feds will really have to be on their toes -- but that's also because of the bad ships that I gave them! :lol: (Well, aside from the E'prise, because it's nice to have that, too. And the verb stacks for each deck are aimed at dynamic but balanced support for the above foundations. I really wonder how it'll turn out. :o )

I'm quite proud of the "result" so far. (I've always felt I wouldn't be good anymore at building decks from that time, for public use. Decks from any time, for that matter.) But of course, it remains to be seen whether the decks are playable and fun... :shifty:

Since I'll have to be playtesting, I'm actually looking forward to making a solid Fed draw deck with -- hopefully -- a lot of obscure personnel I've not used before. ( [Holo] Dr Brahms and Dr Galen are high on my list.)
So I think I'll have everything but the dilemmas fixed, in the next few days! :D

As said here, I'd really appreciate some help with the two sets of dilemmas from 1 set of Premiere. Since the original request is for a single Collector's Tin, no copies! (3 dilemmas are sort of reserved for the Feds. And I wonder if terrors such as Borg Ship will be fun -- since it may be played as printed -- given the high level of hampering & hunting that I already expect.)

Is there anyone willing to tackle that? As a community effort to finally have some premiere decks to offer, when asked?

With the help of the previous posts here, there's a good start already. :cross:

:cheersL:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hello all,

I've tried my hand at a dilemma distro for SolidSnack's Premiere / Collector's Tin decks. (Hopefully also useful as a basis for other newcomers' decks.)

What do you think of the dilemma combos; will they work to have a fun, balanced game? Are there any dumb mistakes in them?

Since 42 dilemmas in one go is a bit much, as text/links only, I thought this might be a handy idea:
I've attached a Lackey savegame, which contains, laid out on the "table":
[SD] missions for both decks,
[SD] the suggested dilemma stacks from opponent aligned below the missions;
[SD] artifacts and outposts (suggested locations, depending on 'line) also.
(I also added some brief notes, on the cards, in-game.)

There's a screenshot too, for people who know the card text by heart! :borg:

To load the file in Lackey, first save it; then open it in a text editor; and replace all instances of "SudenKapala" with your own exact Lackey name. Place it in the "\LackeyCCG\plugins\startrek1e\saved\" folder; and "Load Saved Game". Should work. :wink:

The loaded player's deck contains all premiere dilemmas, in one zone (ignore); the other zones (see notes "stuck to" the Outposts in the savegame) contain both the [Fed] Feds deck as well as "The Treaty" [Kli] [1E-Rom] [NA] deck. This deck set was built, and e.g. missions and ships chosen, on very specific grounds -- if you want to look at them, please do! :D :thumbsup:
But the question I'd like to ask is not, "Can this be done better?" (
I know they could be much "better" decks -- especially Fed, and the missions. A future article / deck notes will explain my choices in-depth.
)
It's: "Will these decks work / be a bit of old school, slow pace, fun, for new players that want to try out vintage ST:TNG-CCG?"

Of course, any comments welcome.
Attachments:
210208b_SKP-32-(X), DILdistro_50d+51d.jpg
210208b_SKP-32-(X), DILdistro_50d+51d.jpg (465.66 KiB) Viewed 3101 times
Attachments:
(15.31 KiB) Downloaded 151 times

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
No Borg Ship dilemma?!

Why don't you like fun? :P

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:10 am No Borg Ship dilemma?!
Thanks for your in-depth explanation for this, in answer to my PM question; I will be referring to your ideas my deck notes. :thumbsup:

Now, do you -- or anyone else -- have any thoughts on what is in the dilemma stacks? Or the order of the dilemmas? (Primarily. Or, secondarily, any thoughts on what's in the decks?)

(Would it help if I write/link them all out, after all?)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Off the top of my head...

I think New Contact is a problematic mission. I'd actually swap in a Space mission (Seek Life Form? Investigate Alien Probe?) For 2 reasons: 1.) That Empathy requirement is rough - aside from Devinoni Ral, who else can solve that thing? And 2.) You have 3 space combos in the Fed deck but only 2 space missions in the other deck. That's going to cause some playability issues in a heads-up game.

I'm not sure what Shaka -> Nagilum accomplishes. It's possible that Nagilum will land but much less likely if your opponent has to have most of what's needed before they even face it. I'd almost consider reversing them, but probably better if you split them up.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Thanks!
Armus wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:22 pmI think New Contact is a problematic mission. I'd actually swap in a Space mission (Seek Life Form? Investigate Alien Probe?) For 2 reasons: 1.) That Empathy requirement is rough - aside from Devinoni Ral, who else can solve that thing?
No one! :D But the Feds have the Continuum mission. These were arguably controversial, but conscious choices. The player can find this out (or I note it in the article, too), and can swap them.
(That's one half of the reason for these kind of choices.)
And 2.) You have 3 space combos in the Fed deck but only 2 space missions in the other deck. That's going to cause some playability issues in a heads-up game.
I tried to explain, but may have failed. The dilemmas are depicted below the mission they're suggested to go under. (
Because these decks are only meant to face one another -- and no other decks -- I felt it was fine to have very inflexible stacks. So the stack with your name-sake is actually in "The Treaty" deck, and it's suggested to go under the Feds' Continuum.
) Or do I, still, miss something?
I'm not sure what Shaka -> Nagilum accomplishes. It's possible that Nagilum will land but much less likely if your opponent has to have most of what's needed before they even face it. I'd almost consider reversing them, but probably better if you split them up.
I wasn't too happy with this, but thought it would be 'okay-ish'. I took into account the number of Diplo in the encountering deck -- and, even though they're the Feds*, I gave them a "limited" amount (
was 4x; but swapped William T. for Thomas Riker -- so now 3x! :shock:
) just to make this exciting. But... like that, it might actually be too stiff, even... I may have to go back to the drawing board. The "Treaty" have 4 Diplo, so perhaps I will pull it apart from Shaka...? Not even because redundant, but because too hard! :lol:

:thumbsup: :cheersL:

Other observations or 'good catches', anyone? :)

*Edit: mistake. These Diplo dilemmas were actually not meant against the FEDs, but against The Treaty. I managed to pull them apart through some shifting, because regardless of which deck they're in, Armus' observation was sound.
Last edited by SudenKapala on Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation