For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
as i said. buried in the site structure ;)
i never even noticed an affilation hq, let alone did i suspect finding card statistics there

By XrayVyper
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
So I finally got a chance to run the deck an hooo boy...! As was mentioned before I can definitely trim down the deck. I didnt realize how adept the deck would be at just getting whatever I wanted. I am going to cut down on Seven of Nine and the Borg Queen as well as scaling back a majority of the generic units to essentially a one of. I will likely keep the three interlink cause when that dies things get harder.
I also had a crazy hard time figuring out what to do with all the Unique actions on the board and how to download efficiently without breaking the New Arrivals and losing my extra card draw.
Two questions came up during play.
1. You can download to anywhere you can report, such as a Tactical Cube correct?
2. Not exactly about the borg deck, but my friend was running a Federation deck and was wondering if there was a better more "meta" way of getting ships into play. He had a spacedock and reported a USS Galaxy which he self destructed to bring out an Enterprise with Federation Flagship: Recovered.
I just reread that card and realize that I would have had to destroy his Galaxy. So I think the problem is bigger than than I thought.
We both knew wall of ships could download an Enterprise, but I couldn't tell him a way (near)guarantee that he start with that card. Thoughts on how I could help him?

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
downloads dont break new arrivals. they dont count as "free report" again my advice is to start the deck as small as possible and add features, instead of the other direction. i prefer Borg Vinculum instead of the drone, since it doesnt die ;) you def want enough queens to have her in the opening hand. my rule of thumb is decksize/5= queens

you can dl and report everywhere its legal.

for fed it depends what ship he wants. spacedoor or Call for Reinforcements can get any ❖ ship.
there is also reunite legends and The Final Frontier or simply Federation Flagship: Relaunched for more specific ships.

if he wants any of the modern enterprises or sth like that he can exchange the U.S.S. Galaxy into U.S.S. Enterprise (Chain of Command) with '45 Dom Perignon which can be gotten if he seeds husnock outpost (+Spacedoor) +hunockship + Holoprogram: Noah's Mountain Retreat, DL Secret Agent Julian Bashir. pretty costly seedcard wise though. or some variation of that so you have a holodeck during seed. so FF:R or holodeck door also works

Also possible is Starbase 247 + Construct Starship. get the builder (like Sisko) and dl the ship

another route is going to the top -> admiral riker cant be seeded though.
Last edited by Ensign Q on Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
^^^^

This is all really good advice.

By XrayVyper
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:35 am downloads dont break new arrivals. they dont count as "free report" again my advice is to start the deck as small as possible and add features, instead of the other direction. i prefer Borg Vinculum instead of the drone, since it doesnt die ;) you def want enough queens to have her in the opening hand. my rule of thumb is decksize/5= queens
That sounds like a good rule of thumb. I definitely want to slim the deck down significantly, I agree that the vinculum is better than the interlink drone so i will sway the deck in that direction. Now that I understand the DL rules and reporting I will not be stuck with my queen and several drones on the unicomplex with my only ship trapped behind a Q net

I will see if the Dom Perginon ends up working. I will thin out his deck as well to see if we can get it flowing. He was salty because it took him so long to get out a useful ship so I will show him the options you presented. Thanks again guys.
Is there a place where people go to try and hook up Lackey games. I have built a few decks on it and was going to try and figure it out with a patient opponent. :D

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
XrayVyper wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:05 pmIs there a place where people go to try and hook up Lackey games. I have built a few decks on it and was going to try and figure it out with a patient opponent. :D
Yes; you PM inbox is a good way to start. :P
(I'd love to play/test my "good old" Borg deck 14 against you. That might be fun for both. We can teach each other some old vs. new tricks.)
Discord is also a good place to arrange games; I've been able to, e.g., on the CC channel.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
what is he trying to accomplish, because the U.S.S. Galaxy 8/7/9
is as useful as the enterprise 9/8/9. usually the U.S.S. Nebula 8/7/8 is considererd to be the best ❖ ship, because it has only 2 personnel staffing requirements.
Last edited by Ensign Q on Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:22 pm what is he trying to accomplish, because the U.S.S. Galaxy 8/7/9 is as useful as the enterprise 9/8/9.
I did wonder the same; but once you're past the staffing, range 9 is a lot better than 8. (I mean: +1 range is always a great thing.) Combined with RPG value, I can see why someone would like it. Thus, I let it go. :lol:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Thread necro? Sorry.

@XrayVyper, just wanted to know / follow up, how have you been coming along? Can we help you with anything? Do you want to tell us a little about your progress?

You've not been in your inbox. Maybe you have little time right now; but for April, I'd love to invite you to (shameless plug! :lol: ) a beginner's tournament! (It's with fixed, simple decks. No Borg... regretfully!? :wink: )

Or a friendly game, whenever. Or just some banter, here! :cheersL:
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation