For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Thanks for telling us about yourself!
XrayVyper wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:26 pmI like the ring to it and it is based on my old job (xray tech) and my favorite car/snake.
Interesting. I did some testing and assembly on imaging systems (but, different physics). What exactly did you do, and in which field?
(we will start playing on Skype whenever he finally makes a deck...)
How I try to get my friends to play is giving them decks made from my surplus cards (I have examples, but it'd be coincidence if you have all the cards... or perhaps not, since they're super-[un]common); and/or letting them play with my decks, to hopefully get them hooked. Whichever of the options they like best. Not sure if that'd work in the mean time, for you and your pal...
I know there is Lackey which I will definitely try, but i very much prefer live play.
So did I. Vehemently. I was interested in playing more games from the get-go, with the people here, when I found this site (2016). But I clung to my physical cards obsessively. Until well-into-corona, my withdrawal symptoms really pulled the rug from under my collector's spirit. I finally put my back into Lackey -- and 2 weeks later was signing up for my first 2 online tournaments. Which are still running. But if I can get used to it and love it... you can. :thumbsup: Please come play with us!
these 6 missions so far... Seal rift (fo my unicomplex), study protonebula (for my transwarp hub), FGC47, isurrection, Genesis Planet, (both planet assimilation targets), and Cargo Rndezvous.
I already added the above link tags, before I saw that Armus had beat me to the answers. Mine would've been more tentative, anyway.

However, from the above (if you "reply with quote" you can see how/what I did), you can see how I made your text into links to the cards, for easy reference. I do it too, sometimes temporarily, when I want to look up a card. Super-easy.
You can type the tags [ card1 ] and [ / card1 ] around (part) of the card name -- or drone task, or mission location! -- which you're sure you've spelt correctly (zero tolerance). But you can also select said text, and press the "card1" button; it'll add the tags.
Many people here don't have to read any cards (know them by heart); but, e.g., I certainly do have/want to read many cards. So if you ask a question, it could get a faster answer if you use the tags. :)
4. I understand Reassimilate lost drone only targets former Borg now so i threw it in the Q tent.
Personally, I think that's a good call. OTOH, it's a great probe -- and that's also something to look at in your draw deck. But there are equally-good-probes-but-better-draw-cards.
5. Q- Tent... I see a lot of decks putting delicious events (lower decks, ocular implants, etc.) in there, but how do you get them out?
Oc Imp with table; table with procurement; Lower Decks with e.g. Ready Room Door, Make it so and/or... what was that other thing?
6. and final for now, Assimilate starship... how does this card work?
Best to first read the assimilation entries in the Rulebook / Glossary. (Links on the front page, left side column!)
I love (discussing) the Borg, but relative to the community, still a novice in all affiliations. (And Borg are considered extremely hard even for veterans; but that's not stopping you or me or a number of other enthusiasts! :thumbsup: :borg: )
So I love to hear other people explain it, too!
But what my experience seems to be -- it doesn't bring so much to assimilate a ship, but it's not that hard, either. And it might hamper your opponent -- still, since you can have only one [BO] [Obj] on table, it will slow you down, as well...
I need to get a scout on the ship somehow and then probe?
Yes, at the end of your turn -- see the card text and rulebook / "glossy" (my abbrev. for glossary) entries.
You need to be able to beam through shields -- there's at least 2 different drones for that.
Does the ship need to be empty?
No.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
On the Q's Tent question, Lower Decks was errata'd to be a Captain's Order. There are various cards that [DL] it or fetch CO's such as Ready Room Door.

Assimilation Table downloads implants including Ocular Implants and Cortical Node Implant,

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
XrayVyper wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:31 pm Thanks for the Avatar, I believe I have set it up correctly now Suden thank you for taking the time to create those for me!
You're very welcome, and thanks for making our forum an even nicer place with your avatar! :D

I tried to do it again but it is some random file (.pnp maybe?) instead of a PDF like the first time so I am not sure what i did wrong there.
Did you right-click and try to save the link target? That might not work; I think that maybe you tried to download a mechanic that you should actually set to work first by really clicking on the button...? And then a PDF will be generated, and THAT you can download...?

If not: keep asking. Goes for everything.
Other than the q tent and assimilate starship questions I posted earlier
I think I answered the former? Can somebody else pick up on the latter? :)
the only other question I have at this time has to do with Borg Vinculum/ 9 of 11. The wording seems the same but it is still confusing. Where does the equipment/ drone need to be to influence the rest?
Do only [SCC] type drones share skills?
No. The interlink or Vinculum will turn on the special mechanic of 'skill sharing', across the whole location ("at this location" / "here" / your local "hive"). All drones "present" with a [SCC] drone will 'broadcast' their skill, as per skill sharing rules. And all drones "present" with a [SCC] drone will receive all broadcasted skills.
Dies that make it clearer?

By XrayVyper
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
[/quote]
No. The interlink or Vinculum will turn on the special mechanic of 'skill sharing', across the whole location ("at this location" / "here" / your local "hive"). All drones "present" with a [SCC] drone will 'broadcast' their skill, as per skill sharing rules. And all drones "present" with a [SCC] drone will receive all broadcasted skills.
Dies that make it clearer?
[/quote]
Hope that quote worked...
It does make a lot more sense. The question I have i guess then is, if there are drones "present" with an interlink drone, which itself is a [SCC] ,then aren't they always going to be present with a [SCC] drone (assuming they don't get separated)? Seems like superfluous confusing wording. Makes sense for Assimilation Table as it isn't a [SCC] drone. Perhaps I am overthinking it.
I am probably going to cut assimilate starship and just stick to the two eliminate starship, cause [Bor] :borg:
I am working on the deck and I am trying to figure out the best ratio for ships to other cards. Other than Construct starship, which I am not sure I have engineers for, I don't see an easy way to get ships out. I know They Will Be Coming is a thing but I want those [1E-DQ] missions. I currently am running 1 Locutus Cube, 2 tactical cube, two regular cube. I like the Borg Enterprise-E with its Borg Queen [DL] but I don't think I will be building an outpost in [AQ] Unfortunately I haven't finalized the rest of the draw deck so I cant tell you the number of cards exactly but looking to be around 60-70.
With all this help I am thinking it will be done by today so I will be able to give you a list soon. I will build it in the deck builder.
I was wondering about the "premium" builder. While I am not in the financial position for a membership per se, I would definitely be willing to support the site by getting the premium builder. What are its additional functions?
To answer your first query. I worked in medical diagnostic x-ray in a level one trauma center for 7 years. That was fun, but I have since moved on.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I can't recommend the premium deckbuilder highly enough.

It's astronomically better then the basic deckbuilder and worth the price of an annual membership alone if you're going to be building decks on the reg.

If you really can't afford it then i recommend deck building in Lackey then importing your deck into the deck builder directly.

So in short: Premium deckbuilder > Lackey > Basic deckbuilder.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
XrayVyper wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:25 pm
No. The interlink or Vinculum
will turn on the special mechanic of 'skill sharing', across the whole location ("at this location" / "here" / your local "hive"). All drones "present" with a [SCC] drone will 'broadcast' their skill, as per skill sharing rules. And all drones "present" with a [SCC] drone will
receive all broadcasted skills.
Hope that quote worked...
Almost. The first (opening) tag has no "/", the second (closing) tag does have a preceding "/".
Try it out with the buttons first, if you like; and see what they do. Previewing your message also works well to figure out what stuff does.

I am one to spend time getting to know all that stuff; more people here do. Other people don't use layout and tags at all (except for quotes -- they are indispensible to avoid cnfusion, I'd say). Personally, I at least like people to use the card link tags -- but that's just me. You do your own thing.
It does make a lot more sense. The question I have i guess then is, if there are drones "present" with an interlink drone, which itself is a [SCC] ,then aren't they always going to be present with a [SCC] drone (assuming they don't get separated)?
No.
An example:
I have a sphere undocked ("unloaded") from a cube, both at a planet mission; I red-shirt the mission with a few drones from my sphere. (I need to assign the away team to a ship; the AT needs to be associated with a ship, if there is one. I have 2, and choose the sphere.)
On the sphere, I also have a few drones left.
I now have 3 groups! All of them have a [SCC] in their midst. Interlink is on the sphere; but the other 2 groups will still broadcast and receive all their (regular) skills also!
Now, I scout the mission and encounter Alien Parasites. Alas, do not overcome it; my AT beams to the sphere (thank The Prophets I did not associate my away team with the cube!) and my opponent gets to joyride with the sphere, for a while. They speed the sphere to another location. My Interlink drone is not in the same "hive" / at same loc as the cube (and any possibly remaining AT; say, prior-stopped drones) anymore. So no skill-sharing occurs anymore.
Do I have a Vinculum (or second Interlinker) on my cube... then it's a different story.
Perhaps I am overthinking it.
There is no such thing as overthinking 1e, and especially not the Borg. :lol:
I am probably going to cut assimilate starship and just stick to the two eliminate starship
That's what I did in my first decks...

The rest, I may answer later. Life calls.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Other than Construct starship, which I am not sure I have engineers for, I don't see an easy way to get ships out.
One word, two sides: Spacedoor. 8) (There is a more complicated way for Contruct Ship, too... but you could just start out with the big door. Easier to get used to it all, that way.)
I worked in medical diagnostic x-ray in a level one trauma center for 7 years. That was fun, but I have since moved on.
Sound like good (and interesting) work. :thumbsup: Happy for you that you seem to be doing something even better/nicer now.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:32 pm I can't recommend the premium deckbuilder highly enough.

It's astronomically better then the basic deckbuilder and worth the price of an annual membership alone if you're going to be building decks on the reg.
+5
Premium Deckbuiler is where it's at.

By XrayVyper
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Well gentlemen/gentleladies, the moment you have all been so eagerly waiting for. My deck...
https://www.trekcc.org/1e/decklists/index.p ... 6e54633478
I accept any and all constructive criticism. I feel like I went a bit overboard with the number of drones, but I feel you can thin the deck very easily with Activate Subcommands and Awaken. I put Third and Fourth in the tent as I want to DL them with my first AS to then get a Maturation Chamber flowing quickly. I would think the other two would be 7of9 [BO] and probably 9of12. Set up the Unicomplex on Seal rift and the transwarp hub on the Study ProtoNebula. Hopefully put FGC somewhere disruptive and the Transwarp Network Gateway at the far end from it. Try to establish a quick Gateway, ideally at FGC but likely at the Unicomplex first as it would be closer. Hopefully get enough points with add distinctiveness from my Borg Servo, Defrosted Menace, and maybe Assimilate counterpart to squeeze in a three objective win (i guess four with counterpart...).
Great examples Suden I totally get it now!
Ideas?? [Bor] [Bor] [BO] [BO] :borg: :borg: :shifty:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Why nine of twelve so soon? (Spelling it out, here, to tag link. I love :borg: but hate the designations of ❖ drones because I'll never be able remember them. I only look at / remember their tasks now.)
Ah, it's the Network drone -- hmm, I'd not get him out that soon. First deploy all drones with downloads to get the engines running; then reprogram the 'depleted' ones into 'fresh' resources (and eventually into skill drones) with Heuristics.
Proficiency, however, is part of the deck engines, so she's a good initial drone. (Yes, I do remember her name -- and that of the Tactician, who's equally good to have always; and Tactic drone who certainly has his use but regretfully sees less play. :wink: )

Since you share skills, FGC is not at all a nuisance to yourself, by the way -- actually the opposite.

Have to look at the deck later, but congrats! :cheersL:
Last edited by SudenKapala on Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

By XrayVyper
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Maybe getting out the gateway drone is not as important as I thought that early. Definitely Proficiency and Third and Fourth and I guess tactician for my first Activate Subcommands. I think Spacedoor alleviated some of my fears of not finding a ship. I cut a dilemma (male's love interest) to squeeze that in so I can start with a Tactical Cube. I like the Queens ship because it has little requirements, good range, and still solid ATT/SH. I was originally toying with the thought of a couple scout ships and Scout Encounter but folding them into the already large deck proved too difficult (and I didn't have the cards). I am going to have to print a few missions anyway so I could just get them there i suppose. Thanks for the idea!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
XrayVyper wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:13 pmI think Spacedoor alleviated some of my fears of not finding a ship.
It should alleviate all your fears. You can also get out another one, later. And a sphere reports to yer big tug... and make like a red-shirt and (a-tad-risky) range extender... in whichever quadrant dat may be cruisin'. 8)

I like the Queens ship because it has little requirements, good range, and still solid ATT/SH.
I like that boat, too. Not sure I'd stack 2 (even if I had a second)... and not sure if it's the most competitive choice... but the one is lodged firmly in my primary Borg deck. 8) It's the Queen's limousine!

I was originally toying with the thought of a couple scout ships and Scout Encounter but folding them into the already large deck proved too difficult (and I didn't have the cards).
Just using your physical/Decipher ("Traditional") cards is a valid choice. It puts the puzzle and the resource-hate back into deck building. You can be here and be Traditional! (You'll just not be competitive in OP/Organized Play...) Don't let nobody -- or Ensign Q ( :P ) -- tell you otherwise!
(Q, if you are tempted to comment on this -- please look back at the previous pages of this topic and see that I did very much try to help Vyper out, please? :P )

For real: I'll always keep playing Traditional at home, and will prolly slowly transition to grudgingly accepting that OTF is better. At least for OP. But I'm not admitting that.

But forget all that for now -- just tune your decks how you want them, and go have fun with your friends on your terms. See where your fun lies.

(And if you want to test and get tips: have you seen my PM/Private Message to schedule a friendly shakedown game, one day?)

Thanks for the idea!
Others (here and elsewhere) have taught me. You'll see me asking, and others explaining, in other topics. And I also learn / consolidate knowledge, from this. Truth Learning is a three-edged sword. :P :shifty:

Iron Prime wrote:
Armus wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:32 pm
I can't recommend the
premium deckbuilder
highly enough.

It's
astronomically better then the basic deckbuilder
Premium Deckbuiler is where it's at.
For various reasons I've had to make do with the Basic Deck Builder for 5 years now. :neutral: But I have no complaints, at all! I love it (although I readily believe the Premium DB must be better). Only recently I've started with Lackey; and while that seems great too, I'd not want to miss the analysis read-out of the BDB.

But if you've the money to spend and the capacity, then do consider supporting the site, always. Of course.

Some more comments on your deck will follow. I have a game to play now... 8)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Suden, you can build in Lackey with all of the useful filters, then export to the BDB and review the decklist, check skill matrix, eligible achievements, etc.

That's the play if you don't want to spend the money on the PDB (for whatever reason).

I can't think of any reason that I would ONLY use the BDB... but then I've had a premium membership for years and the thought of using only the BDB terrifies me.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
XrayVyper wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:23 pmHopefully get enough points with add distinctiveness from my Borg Servo, Defrosted Menace, and maybe Assimilate counterpart to squeeze in a three objective win (i guess four with counterpart...).
There is nothing wrong with testing the Collective water with a four-mission win. Just keep it at that for your first games, if you like. This is what you've been planning, so this is what you can easily/comfortably operate now. :thumbsup: Allow yourself a few games with your self-designed deck!

However...
Because with [Bor] it's super-easy (barely an inconvenience) to pull off a 2-mission win strategy (at least in theory), 3- [Obj] win decks seem to be rare. Here, there's a topic that includes a " X-or-Y-mission win for [Bor] , 101" section.
(It wasn't in my Borg topic repository yet, but you might want to take a peek at that, still.)

Except for the Queens and counterparts, you might want to shave off a lot of duplicates; Borg are masters at downloading and heuristically altering drones. And deck manipulation in general.

Activate Sub has a very high price. Consider stocking it less...? (It is a great probe, though. But so is the Queen.)
Armus wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:12 pmI can't think of any reason that I would ONLY use the BDB...
Thanks. Well, I've built and maintained 48 decks now over the last 5 years in the BDB. So, pretty much used to it. Barely an inconvenience. (Now. :lol: And again: I hope everybody who can, will subscribe to the site and have a much easier time!) And if I'm ever in a position to help buy server bandwidth for the site, I'll be sure to get a Premium membership and try out the PDB. :cross:
Until then, I'll just do my part in making sure that the forum gets... finished. It needs to be completed. With all kinds of words. Many words. Hopefully some helpful and fun ones. :P

By XrayVyper
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Thank you so much for the links and help guys! I have been reading a lot of the articles. I am shaving down the number of duplicate drones and taking out a queen ship. With that I'm reducing my activate subcommands to 5. To be honest, I don't really want to play with harness particle 010 or stop first contact. What would you all suggest for a solid 3 objective win in their absence then?
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]