For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Use this thread to discuss the decklist "The Nightman Cometh" - It's Always Sunny in Terok Nor .

I can't remember the last time I had this much fun playing a deck.

[SD] Capture via Valuable Prisoner
[SD] Download Labor Camp
Get points.
[SD] Torture
[SD] Unleash Dixon Hill's Business Card
[SD] Internment
[SD] Repeat...

Awaiting Trial is a monster once the deck starts flowing.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
Maybe it's what DS9 Cardassians need, I wasn't getting the monster draws till the last third of the game. Scorched Hand would've loved me.

With all my decks, I tend to build on draws rather than plays. I've been punished bad with Scorched multiple times over the past year for my draw greed :D
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
commdecker wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:00 pm Yeah, Awaiting Trial being both free and cumulative is a problem.
I recall spending a good chunk of early 2018 making this argument, but I guess the three years of relatively inoffensive usage since then show that, if it is broken, it's broken pretty subtly.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:05 am
commdecker wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:00 pm Yeah, Awaiting Trial being both free and cumulative is a problem.
I recall spending a good chunk of early 2018 making this argument, but I guess the three years of relatively inoffensive usage since then show that, if it is broken, it's broken pretty subtly.
I'll believe it's broken when somebody actually breaks it.

Until then, it's a "scary stories" card.

Besides, I can think of worse outcomes than a tier one capture deck.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
rule of thumb, when niall plays it, someone should look onto it. he has a habit to find the unchecked broken or slightly broken interactions.
" I had this much fun playing a deck" most likely means his opponent was helpless.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
Ensign Q wrote:rule of thumb, when niall plays it, someone should look onto it. he has a habit to find the unchecked broken or slightly broken interactions.
" I had this much fun playing a deck" most likely means his opponent was helpless.
???

Who put 20p in you?

We don't didn't even face each other in this event, and you still bad mouth me.

@Boffo97 you might as well lock this thread too...

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Well, I think accusing Niall of taking delight in decks only when he wins with them is false. I had games with him were I won 100:0 avoiding his shenanigans and we both had fun.

Regarding the deck: If it works it is pretty hard to beat. Big if. But you stand a chance when you smell the meat. I am pretty conservative about this game and for me finding weird combinations is some sort of art. Take it as a challenge to maneuver around that playstyle. For me games with interactive elements in it are more thrilling than solver solitaire.

I do not think this deck is broken. Faced the deck and lost to it with a straight solver. But was not locked down. And it was a very close game.
Last edited by Caretaker's Guest on Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
dude, you join beginner tournies, lock them out of the game, then brag abiut it on the forums and now you are pissed someone calls it slightly broken?

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=43742

at least admit you play npe stuff all the time lol.
Last edited by Ensign Q on Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Caretaker's Guest wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:27 am I am pretty conservative about this game and for me finding weird combinations is some sort of art. Take it as a challenge to maneuver around that playstyle. For me games with interactive elements in it are more thrilling than solver solitaire.
thats fine when you play the game for 30 years and know every card or seen it at least. to me who doesnt even understand 50% of the interaction niall is performing, thats not art though. thats unchecked corner case rules shenenigans and npe strats.
interactive means both players get to interact, one sided slaughter is not thrlling at all.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I cannot deny that you may have a point here, that this game is not one of the most beginner friendly games. But I have never seen a new player quitting cause of Niall for as long as I know him. He will explain his cards and I am sure he will even discuss counterstrategies after the game when you ask him.

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Armus wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:41 am
BCSWowbagger wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:05 am
I'll believe it's broken when somebody actually breaks it.

Until then, it's a "scary stories" card.

Besides, I can think of worse outcomes than a tier one capture deck.
True but we do have cards banned for less like Memory Wipe so :shifty:

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]