For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Hi everyone! So here’s the deal. Hysterically enough, I’ve never made a Federation deck before and I want to make it unique. The sites from DS9 - Docking Pylons, Infirmary, Promenade Shops, etc - Is there any fun way to get a lot of them out at the same time, DLing other cards too, and to give a nice advantage? I’m trying to get as many cards out as quickly as I can on the first two turns but having trouble finding something that speaks exactly to that. Thanks!
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
You know you get to start with 6 sites right? If you want more, We Need You Here will help!

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
KazonPADD wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:33 pm You know you get to start with 6 sites right? If you want more, We Need You Here will help!
As @KazonPADD mentioned, you get to start with 6 sites of your choice. The pertinent section of the Rulebook is below:

SEEDING SITES
Along with facilities, you may seed up to 6 Sites during the facility phase. Each site may be added to any facility where it is allowed to play (identified on the lower left corner of the Site card), no matter which player seeded that facility. Sites are added to a facility by placing them in a side-by-side line next to that facility. Each site indicates which level of the facility it belongs to (Ops Module, Promenade, Habitat Ring, Docking Ring, etc.), and the Sites must be kept together on the table in this order (from left to right). When placing a Site on the table, you may insert it between other sites, as long as you keep Sites from the same level adjacent to each other.

By default, sites are "unique per station". That is, each station is limited to one copy of each Site card. However, some sites are ❖ universal and thus may exist in multiple on each station.

Your 6 Site cards seed "for free" (they do not count toward the 30-card limit in your seed deck). You may not seed additional sites beyond the 6 free ones, even by using seed slots. You may stock Site cards in your draw deck and add them to your facility during the game using your normal card play.

I hope this clarifies how to use sites for you.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Your first three free sites for a Reshape The Quadrant + Here By Invitation + Trust The Prophets Fed deck:

Ops, so you can download key personnel

Primary Turbolift, so you have a reporting destination for everyone without regard to site text

Docking Ports, mainly for the Defiant but also because reporting and repairing ships is good.

Then you get three more sites after that, all seeded for free. Science Lab is very nice for the peeking ability, if DS9 is at a space mission, but there's lots of valid choices at this point.

Community Leader can also grab Quark's Bar after the game starts if you don't want to spend a seed slot on it.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:06 pm Docking Ports, mainly for the Defiant but also because reporting and repairing ships is good.
Last I looked, ports didn't repair - that's what Docking Pylons are for. :wink:
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
'twas a fair cop. Edited.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
nyyankees72 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:01 pm Wow super helpful everyone I didn’t realize - thank you!!!
Just remember to use a Holosuite and have everyone make out in the Holoprogram: Cafe des Artistes. If you have Jake Sisko and Mardah, you will make your opponents uncomfortable though*.

*Depending on who your opponents are, this discomfort may be more of a feature than a bug.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:06 pm Your first three free sites for a Reshape The Quadrant + Here By Invitation + Trust The Prophets Fed deck:

Ops, so you can download key personnel

Primary Turbolift, so you have a reporting destination for everyone without regard to site text

Docking Ports, mainly for the Defiant but also because reporting and repairing ships is good.

Then you get three more sites after that, all seeded for free. Science Lab is very nice for the peeking ability, if DS9 is at a space mission, but there's lots of valid choices at this point.

Community Leader can also grab Quark's Bar after the game starts if you don't want to spend a seed slot on it.
Wait - please excuse my ignorance. I'm good at strategy I'm just learning this stuff all over again - how does this get Defiant in a better way than just playing it on an Outpost?

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Also, if there are any constructed decks already out there using sites, please let me know!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
nyyankees72 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:49 pm Also, if there are any constructed decks already out there using sites, please let me know!
Are you playing Decipher-only or Virtual cards allowed?

Reason I ask is I ran a Here by Invitation deck at Nationals last year. It used a lot of station shenanigans (among other shenanigans... :shifty: ), but it's definitely NOT geared for a Decipher-only environment.

For that I'd point you to my Golden Age 1999 deck (Premiere - RoA were the legal sets)... that was a lot of fun to play.

Either way, I hope these help. Good luck!! :cheersL:

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:08 pm
nyyankees72 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:49 pm Also, if there are any constructed decks already out there using sites, please let me know!

Reason I ask is I ran a Here by Invitation deck at Nationals last year. It used a lot of station shenanigans (among other shenanigans... :shifty: ), but it's definitely NOT geared for a Decipher-only environment.

For that I'd point you to my Golden Age 1999 deck (Premiere - RoA were the legal sets)... that was a lot of fun to play.

Virtual allowed! Let me know if you have the link to the Here by Invitation one!

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
nyyankees72 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:14 pm

Virtual allowed! Let me know if you have the link to the Here by Invitation one!
Also, is the only way to use Nor's when not playing Cardassian to seed Empok Nor and commandeer it quickly?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
nyyankees72 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:14 pm

It's linked above under "Deck" :wink:
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation