For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By Zardoz
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Old player coming back, trying to decide on 6 missions for a not super serious federation deck. So far i have the following missions

Deliver Message (Will be using Nog, who can report to the Valiant using Training Cruise)
Espionage (Because...Earth and stuff?)
Practice Orbital Manuevers (Because Cadets on the Valiant make this mission less hard)
Tactical Observation (Because it's how we get the Valiant)

Still trying to source out the last two missions before i start digging into the other aspects. Not expecting it to be super competitive, but it'll ease me back into the game.

ANybody got any ideas?

I know i'm going to have to probably solve 3 missions to win, and i'm cool with that for this kind of thing

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hello Zardoz,

(I feel like I'm talking to a flying head! :lol: )

Welcome! Would you like to tell something about yourself? Where you're from (approx.), how you got into the game, what caused the hiatus (if any), and why/how you found your way back/here? What are your plans for the future, if any?
(All optional questions, of course.)

If you like to play online, there's Lackey. And if you want to try your hand at an easy online tournament, there will probably be a 1-day beginners' event (with balanced, fixed decks) on a Saturday, in May. Let me know if you want to be kept posted about this!

Nice to have you here. :cheersL:

PS: be sure to plan enough missions of each type. For OTF rules, you need to solve 1 [1E-P] and 1 [1E-S] or you need additional 40 pts to win. (If you seed only one of either, you'll know where the tough dilemmas are at.)

By Zardoz
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:01 am Hello Zardoz,

(I feel like I'm talking to a flying head! :lol: )

Welcome! Would you like to tell something about yourself? Where you're from (approx.), how you got into the game, what caused the hiatus (if any), and why/how you found your way back/here? What are your plans for the future, if any?
(All optional questions, of course.)

If you like to play online, there's Lackey. And if you want to try your hand at an easy online tournament, there will probably be a 1-day beginners' event (with balanced, fixed decks) on a Saturday, in May. Let me know if you want to be kept posted about this!

Nice to have you here. :cheersL:

PS: be sure to plan enough missions of each type. For OTF rules, you need to solve 1 [1E-P] and 1 [1E-S] or you need additional 40 pts to win. (If you seed only one of either, you'll know where the tough dilemmas are at.)
Oh, i' from the central US, i started playing with White bordered Premiere in middle school. Played infrequently up to high school, then when i went to college it turns out one of the World Champs was a professor of mine and he got 8 of my friends back into the game after a hiatus. We played pretty solidly through the HOlodeck adventures release, MOtion picture, and then we switched over to 2E when he did. Then the group sort of dissolved over a couple of years as folks eithere graduated or got removed from school the other way.

I found a resource for the old Battletech CCG from the 90s and wwondered if anyone had compiled a similar resource for Star Trek and the google machine did the rest of the work. I'd like to play some, build some decks, i need to absorb the massive amount of new cards that are available now. I also like having the ability to build a deck without needing specific pieces of cardboard, that was rough in college :).

Please keep me in the loop about the beginner event. and i just downloaded Lackey and have been tinkering with it.

I've got 3 space missions and 3 planet missions, so i should be good at options.

By Zardoz
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Mr.Sloan wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:42 am
Zardoz wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:33 pm Old player coming back, trying to decide on 6 missions for a not super serious federation deck.
Hey, welcome back. What was the last expansion / rule supplement you played?
DS9? pre or post Voyager? Pre or post Blaze of Glory Tactis?
Last expansion i played was Motion Picture, and then we switched over to 2e, though i like 1E a little better

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Zardoz wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:29 am
Zardoz wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:33 pm Old player coming back, trying to decide on 6 missions for a not super serious federation deck.
Last expansion i played was Motion Picture, and then we switched over to 2e, though i like 1E a little better
Ok, so you know all rules? and know that free play and draws are important for deck. In case you have questions or like someone to play in lackey feel free to contact me :)

By Zardoz
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Mr.Sloan wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:36 am
Zardoz wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:29 am
Ok, so you know all rules? and know that free play and draws are important for deck. In case you have questions or like someone to play in lackey feel free to contact me :)
Does anyone really know all the rules? I kid, but i appreciate the help

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Zardoz wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:28 am
Oh, i' from the central US, i started playing with White bordered Premiere in middle school. Played infrequently up to high school, then when i went to college it turns out one of the World Champs was a professor of mine and he got 8 of my friends back into the game after a hiatus. We played pretty solidly through the HOlodeck adventures release, MOtion picture, and then we switched over to 2E when he did.
I gotta ask: which of the former world champs was your professor?

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Thanks for telling us a little about yourself! :)
Zardoz wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:28 amI've got 3 space missions and 3 planet missions, so i should be good at options.
Then you'll be fine, indeed. :thumbsup: I understand now, that you're ahead of me in rules and such, so I won't presume to offer any more advice...
Zardoz wrote:
Mr.Sloan wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:42 amOk, so you know all rules?
Does anyone really know all the rules? I kid, but i appreciate the help
... Oh, wait, This Is First Edition, we can never dispense / receive too much advice. :wink:
Please keep me in the loop about the beginner event. and i just downloaded Lackey and have been tinkering with it.
Wilco.
The Käpälä wrote:(I feel like I'm talking to a flying head! :lol: )
I haven't seen the film. But red about it on 'pedia, and was fascinated by it. Should I see it (if I have the chance)? Is it any good in your opinion?

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hi Zardoz,

I'd try these few things:

Alter Records: Bajor to seed DS9
Tactical Observation: to seed USS Valiant and get Training Cruise for your 2nd play engine
Espionage Mission: if you want Earth, go for it
Practice Orbital Maneuvers: sounds like you want to use cadets to solve
Two more missions with whatever skill matrix you have a lot of :)

Seed Reshape the Quadrant to download Here by Invitation. Also seed Trust the Prophets and We Need You Here so you can download USS Defiant at DS9 turn 1 and start reporting your Feds there. You'll have two Defiant class starships in turn 1 then with two free report engines. You'll have to build your deck around all DS9 property logo personnel and ships, but should be fun!

By Zardoz
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
OKay, here's where i currently am on Missions

I have

Deliver Message (because Nog is downloadable with Training Cruise on the Valiant)
Espionage Mission (Because Earth has a lot of things you can pull with it)
Tactical Observation (To seed the Valiant, and download Training Cruise to have cadets start showing up out of nowhere)
Practice Orbital Maneuvers (because Cadet strategy leans into it pretty well)
Insurection (TO setup the Duckblind and the Son'a Observatory to start the draw and report engines) being able to report Ba'Ku for free would be nicer if there were more of them, but that's life
Evade Borg Vessel (To avoid getting dropped by an Armada).

4 of these are pretty much locks (The first four) the other two are optional and i am looking at other choices. I might end up with a rotating cast of missions that i slide in and out depending on the day and mood)

I'm not completely familiar with the Reshape the quadrant and the Show identities, but i'm trying to get more acquainted
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation