For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

-  
Hello there. I found this site after I started buying booster boxes for this blast from my past of a game. Ive been looing to put together some basic starters for me and my friends to play with, but I keep running into issues that without printing proxies for super rare cards (mostly missions that Im missing) that I cant build any of the cookie cutter type decks.

Are there any, super basic, no print proxy deck builds that can be build of mostly Premier? If this is a big ask, I understand and I do have more cards on the way, I just was hoping there was some decks out there that didnt need loads of Dyson Sphere cards.

Thanks!

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hi, Androids! Well come! 8)

I'm afraid that I may be the closest hope you've got (and I hope I'm wrong!!).

I could/can/will offer you a few deck lists; none of which however meet all your criteria. (Even though you don't ask much!)

We should align our notes, and I can hook you up.

But let's talk more about that when it's not in the middle of the night for me. :wink: :thumbsup:

:cheersL:

-  
winterflames wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:17 pm You can look towards the bottom of that post.
I've read the post, the problem that I am running into is that many of these decks use the virtual expansions, or cards not specific to premier, or use starter exclusives. I was mostly looking for rather basic builds so I toss together some compatible play decks for teaching friends that I can just unbox and go using the 3 base factions and only premier.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Well. I can't help you there. But if you want to literally just throw deck together from premier, there isn't going to be too much wrong with whatever you do. It was really hard to go wrong when the game only had less than 500 cards in it.

You aren't the first to ask. But just printing off the the virtual starters is probably the way to go. They were made to be balanced. In 1994 they didn't really know what balance was.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Thx a bunch, @winterflames , for linking to that post. :thumbsup:
@The Androids , Flames was right; the bottom link of that post is to a thread about my Traditional Open Training decks ("TOT"). They do not contain any Virtual cards -- but you were also right -- they do contain cards of multiple expansions after Premiere; and rares, and some promos/fixed cards. (But you could work around that.)

I also have made a set of some 5 or 7 common / uncommon so-called "RGAS" decks -- nothing rare -- but those, two, are made up from multiple expansions. (They are not listed publicly yet, but I mention them here.)

Then there's my "Black Clouds & Silver Borders" duo of decks, made exclusively from a single set of Premiere (for use with the single-card "CTSB" / Collector's Tin Silver Border set -- very cheap! All rares in one go!). But those decks contains many rares, as well.

Lastly, there's a series of decks for what I dubbed my "Impulse Speed" training format; common/uncommon only, but again, multiple expansions.

So, the top 3 categories (RGAS, CTSB, and IS) are not yet (fully) public, but that's not a problem!
Even if they're not perfect for you, you could perhaps use them as templates or inspiration -- and share your own resulting decks! Indeed, we have far too few of these kind of decks available, and we're being asked often.
Spar with me about which of my decks you'd like to see, and I'll make them public or send links to you.

Over the years, I've seen that people who come here with Traditional-only questions, are invariably told (at one time or another) that it's "sheer impossible" to have fun with their hard-collected, our recently bought, product. There is a large player base that thinks there's no joy to be had with Traditional (physical, Decipher-published) cards.
Make no mistake: this is a misconception!
I had enormous fun with only my Traditional between 1995-2020. Only last December did I start out with Virtual cards.
Not many people do use Traditional-only; true. And many people here, given a chance (smelling any hesitation :P ) will try to drive you either towards taking up the Virtual cardpool (which is also fun), or to the idea that the flawed state that Decipher left the game in, in unplayable and horrible.
In a number of instances / environments (especially organized play / tournaments), this could well be the case, if some people know what to exploit and have all the right cards, and others don't.
But if you play within a friendly and/or controlled environment, it can be great!

Don't let anybody tell you otherwise. :wink:

Shoot me a PM, or keep asking here; let me know what you like or need. :thumbsup:

:cheersL:

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The Androids wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:24 pm
winterflames wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:17 pm You can look towards the bottom of that post.
I've read the post, the problem that I am running into is that many of these decks use the virtual expansions, or cards not specific to premier, or use starter exclusives. I was mostly looking for rather basic builds so I toss together some compatible play decks for teaching friends that I can just unbox and go using the 3 base factions and only premier.
Hi mate, did you look at the Introductory 2-Player Game decks there? They're almost at the bottom of that list (right above my FC decks I made long ago). Those pretty much only use U/C cards from Premiere for the 3 main affiliations. There's a couple of cards that are specific from the 2-player game, but honestly you can replace those with whatever card(s) you wanted. It's very simple and you can easily add more cards based off what you got from your packs (such as more dilemmas). Hope that helps :)

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Just to be clear, I didn't mean Premier wasn't fun. I just meant it was heavily biased towards Federation. I started with a couple premiere starters and trading my brother one game of trek for one game of pokemon. Decades ago granted.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]