For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
:borg: Can someone lay out for me the best possible first turn for a Borg player? I'm trying to craft a deck and there are SO many options I don't know where to start. I'd love to have a full fleet immediately :D

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
nyyankees72 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:20 am :borg: Can someone lay out for me the best possible first turn for a Borg player? I'm trying to craft a deck and there are SO many options I don't know where to start. I'd love to have a full fleet immediately :D
It really depends on your deck type, of course. And I think perhaps the first division is whether you play [1E-TNG] [Bor] only (without Queen) or regular [Bor] (with Queen).
And, do you already have a deck made or chosen? Or are you deckbuilding and ask the question fromthat angle?

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:39 pm
nyyankees72 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:20 am :borg: Can someone lay out for me the best possible first turn for a Borg player? I'm trying to craft a deck and there are SO many options I don't know where to start. I'd love to have a full fleet immediately :D
It really depends on your deck type, of course. And I think perhaps the first division is whether you play [1E-TNG] [Bor] only (without Queen) or regular [Bor] (with Queen).
And, do you already have a deck made or chosen? Or are you deckbuilding and ask the question fromthat angle?
Thanks for the response! I'm looking to play regular Borg with Queen, and I don't have a deck made - starting from scratch, but I have access to all cards and I'm open to Virtual. So basically just looking for some deckbuilding tips. :)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
nyyankees72 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:54 pm Thanks for the response! I'm looking to play regular Borg with Queen, and I don't have a deck made - starting from scratch, but I have access to all cards and I'm open to Virtual. So basically just looking for some deckbuilding tips. :)
Now that we've established that, I think it's time for other [Bor] players to take over, here. I'm a huge enthusiast, but only a novice deck builder.

You know that [1E-TNG] [Bor] is actually the way to begin to learn Swedish, right? :lol: They are great fun, too.
But, like me, you (also) want the real deal.

So. Regular. Well, it often starts with the Queen to be able to get stuff out. We Are The Borg; and drones. The Proficiency and Tactician drns are great because they generates card draws -- which the Borg do awesome stuff with. Like download more drns with Queen or maturation, which is a [DL] on Third and his bro. Heuristics drn reprograms / recycles used-up drns for other ones.
Also look for the data node / tactician / cortical implant / adapt: negate engine.

Counterparts, like Queen, hard to get out. But have great "skill gap stoppers"; OFF, Diplo, Leadership. (Honor and Treach are scarce but covered.) And they make an excellent and willing companion(s), but I'm the only one I ever saw doing that. 8)

Go check those dynamics out, and then come back here and ask others? Or perhaps there are other places to start, anybody?

If you've checked my repository thread (and if it's already in there...?), there was a similar question -- I think from @XrayVyper. He asked some good questions, too, and got a lot of tips.

If all else fails (and nobody helps you out -- which is not possible), you can look at the Affiliation HQ, or the public decks in the What's New section, and look at the decks there.
Shooting a PM (private message) at the deck owner, asking how it works, often helps a lot.
Last edited by SudenKapala on Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Check out my recent video showing me playing Borg against Niall. I use a fair amount of the current borg strategies, a couple of which I pioneered years ago.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Hoss-Drone wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:11 am Check out my recent video showing me playing Borg against Niall. I use a fair amount of the current borg strategies, a couple of which I pioneered years ago.
@nyyankees72 here is the link.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Also, from my notes/draft, I added some links to my repository. Up to date now!

(New entries are marked [Down] new [Down] .)

Of particular interest could be the links that you'll find when searching the OP (original post) for "great first 3 turns breakdown", and "XrayVyper".

:cheersL:

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Professor Scott wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:16 pm
Hoss-Drone wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:11 am Check out my recent video showing me playing Borg against Niall. I use a fair amount of the current borg strategies, a couple of which I pioneered years ago.
@nyyankees72 here is the link.
thanks!

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:45 pm Also, from my notes/draft, I added some links to my repository. Up to date now!

(New entries are marked [Down] new [Down] .)

Of particular interest could be the links that you'll find when searching the OP (original post) for "great first 3 turns breakdown", and "XrayVyper".

will do!
:cheersL:
Question for noob

You can use Defend Homeworld instead of Quark[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]