For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
We've had quite a few requests over the last couple of months for Premiere-only decks, so I thought I'd try my hand at making a pair that people could play against each other. All I can say is this is really weird. There's nothing that seeds except artifacts, outposts and dilemmas. I don't know what to do with this, lol!

Right now it's shaping up to be Fed Enginerds vs. a Klingon/Romulan Treaty deck.

What should I add?

By Orbin (James Monsebroten)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:35 pm We've had quite a few requests over the last couple of months for Premiere-only decks, so I thought I'd try my hand at making a pair that people could play against each other. All I can say is this is really weird. There's nothing that seeds except artifacts, outposts and dilemmas. I don't know what to do with this, lol!

Right now it's shaping up to be Fed Enginerds vs. a Klingon/Romulan Treaty deck.

What should I add?
If you're going for Premier only I would avoid a treaty deck as you have to draw into the treaty and it doesn't seed, which will put that deck at a disadvantage.

-James M

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Orbin wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:54 pm
jadziadax8 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:35 pm We've had quite a few requests over the last couple of months for Premiere-only decks, so I thought I'd try my hand at making a pair that people could play against each other. All I can say is this is really weird. There's nothing that seeds except artifacts, outposts and dilemmas. I don't know what to do with this, lol!

What should I add?
If you're going for Premier only I would avoid a treaty deck as you have to draw into the treaty and it doesn't seed, which will put that deck at a disadvantage.

-James M
I made two of these decks -- same affs -- a few months back. Want to make them public and attach notes -- but stillneed to finish those notes.
Actually would live to see it as an article.
I went with treaty, and I kept the Feds relatively low-key (not all the best personnel and ships). Of the two test games, the [Rom] [Kli] won both times!

So the treaty worked well, and the balancing worked a bit TOO well. :P

They are singles decks, made from one Collector's Tin set. Meaning only 1 Traveler, Alert, and Kivas to divide across both decks... That might have helped set up this slow-paced game (which I don't dislike!), in which the treaty did have a chance.

If you want, I can publicize the deck lists tomorrow.

Wait, Maggie -- I remember now, you have them already, right? "Black Clouds And Silver Borders"?
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Oh yeah, I forgot you sent me those! I guess maybe I should not worry so much.

As for @Orbin’s advice, my thought was have 2 outposts and balance that extra facility with an Artifact in the Fed deck. That way everyone can play, and if I draw into the Treaty it’s gravy.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Is this supposed to be beyond the 2 player intro decks? Because those do exactly this, minus the few Warp Pack/specialty cards that showed up in the boxes themselves which you could easily replace with some characters.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
HoodieDM wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:37 am Is this supposed to be beyond the 2 player intro decks? Because those do exactly this, minus the few Warp Pack/specialty cards that showed up in the boxes themselves which you could easily replace with some characters.
I think it does the same; however, the newcomer I worked and played together with, had only the CT SB set to work with. And wanted to play with real cards, not printed. (And there have been more such questions in the past.) So that's how my set came about.
It's good to have multiple, overlapping options for different contingencies. Isn't it?
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation