For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By forreste
 -  
Hi Everyone,

I have recently revived my decently large collection of STCCG, and am looking forward to building some decks to play with friends. I am looking for some deck lists which are competitive and not necessarily simple, without using virtual cards (I just don't want to go there right now). My friends and I were all competitive magic players for a long time, so complexity isn't a problem - and what I have found so far are a really good set of simple starter decks which will probably leave them underwhelmed.

I'm looking to build a half dozen or so decks, so lots of ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks!
-Forrest

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hi! Welcome!
I have a string of what I call, "Traditional Open Training" decks, which however -- most probably -- don't fit your bill. They are not competitive outside of their own environment (they were made to beinternally competitive, within the limits of my collection)
And they might be too simple; not sure about that, but I fear so.

Tomorrow I can link you up if you want to browse them (remind me please!) but manage your expectations. :wink:
:cheersL:
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Welcome!

Forum user @Armus hosted a series of events last year called Return to Talos IV where people built decks from various eras of the game. You can find a lot of the decks people built attached to these tourneys.

Premiere/AU/QC
Golden Age 1999
Golden Age 1999 Redux
Voyager Only
PAQ Era + selected virtual cards (to get your feet wet)
Last edited by jadziadax8 on Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:39 pm

Hi! Welcome!
I have a string of what I call, "Traditional Open Training" decks, which however -- most probably -- don't fit your bill. They are not competitive outside of their own environment (they were made to beinternally competitive, within the limits of my collection)
And they might be too simple; not sure about that, but I fear so.

Tomorrow I can link you up if you want to browse them (remind me please!) but manage your expectations. :wink:
Okay, I remembered it "myself" (no I didn't, I got triggered by Jadzia's post); here is the link to my decks, if the other leads (Eberlem's, Dax's/Armus') don't work out.

Don't hestitate to ask anything. (E.g., if you need any of the old rules documents from the vintage era.)
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
If I were building a traditional but complex deck, I’d probably build it around Hero of the Empire, use a Nor/Cargo Bay to download Barry Waddle early, and stack it with point loss strategies.

:twocents:
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation