For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
The 2E deckbuilder has done this for ages. I don’t know why the 1E one never followed suit.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
The highlights of the changes I made:
  • Skill dots and Classifications are broken out so that you can tell what you have a bit easier.
  • The total of a skill will highlight in red if you don't have any of that skill but your missions do.
  • I broke out the Intelligence skills into their own subcategory. The any Intelligence should count them all properly, but let me know if it doesn't.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
This is glorious. Thank you.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I just added a "Suggest Missions" thing in the premium deckbuilder. It looks at the skills your personnel have in the deck, then returns a list of missions that use the most popular skills in your deck. It sorts them in a way that approximates "affinity" with your personnel skills.

It's in no way perfect, but the suggestions aren't too far off what I'd imagine.

By Orbin (James Monsebroten)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
JeBuS wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:45 pm I just added a "Suggest Missions" thing in the premium deckbuilder. It looks at the skills your personnel have in the deck, then returns a list of missions that use the most popular skills in your deck. It sorts them in a way that approximates "affinity" with your personnel skills.

It's in no way perfect, but the suggestions aren't too far off what I'd imagine.
I clicked the link with one or my partially created decks but it didn't seem to do anything. What is the expected behaviour?

-James M

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Orbin wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:53 pm
JeBuS wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:45 pm I just added a "Suggest Missions" thing in the premium deckbuilder. It looks at the skills your personnel have in the deck, then returns a list of missions that use the most popular skills in your deck. It sorts them in a way that approximates "affinity" with your personnel skills.

I clicked the link with one or my partially created decks but it didn't seem to do anything. What is the expected behaviour?

-James M
I think I figured it out. The deck I tested was a Kolinahr deck with Vulans from multiple different quadrants. This left the experience with a "please wait" that never ended. I tried it with a single quadrant deck and it worked, so it looks like there may be an issue with certain personnel combinations.

@JeBuS if you want me to share the deck I used, let me know.

-James M

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
It's 1e. The thought of a deckbuilder script that says "i see you're playing Honor Klingons, here's some red missions that require honor" working just fine while at the same time, looking at [Vul] cards and breaks when it sees [MQ] and AQ personnel in the same deck seems totally on brand.

Maybe "play/win with a deck that breaks the deckbuilder mission selector script" can be worked into the next achievement cycle... :wink:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
JeBuS wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:06 pm @Orbin Sure. Please PM me the share links for both. Thanks.
Well, they both work fine now... not sure why it wasn't working earlier.

This is a pretty awesome update! Thanks!

-James M

By sevencrdspud (Jason Beyer)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Brian,

You may not drink, however, you consume... ...well something to sustain yourself?

I definitely owe you a " :cheersL: " for this.

Just wow.

- Jason
Question for noob

That's the question. The Isolinear Rods downloads […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]