For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Been trying to set up cargo runs on turn one. Obviously doing so with Kasidy Yates for her 2 draw bonus is ideal. Getting her out, or a freighter out, is certainly easy. But getting both out... that seems to be hard. I can Ops DL Yates to a Cargo bay, or use Call for Reinforcements to DL a ❖ Freighter, but both of those are in place of my normal card play so I can only do one or the other on turn 1.

Can anyone think of a decent way to get both out? Only other thing i can think of is using a ton of Q's tents (to grab a freighter) or freighters in the deck to report a freighter for free to docking ports. But that is an awful lot of useless crap to clog my deck up with.

Other crazy idea... Defend homeworld for Gaila, use his hidden fighter SD to grab Quark's treasure, (I know i need an equipment too, I have that covered), and do a cargo run, then bring in Yates for the bonus on turn two for subsequent cargo runs...

Edit: nope that doesn’t work. Even with community leader gaila and quarks treasure are not compatible with a Nor.

can anyone think of anything better?
Last edited by Takket on Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

By Ausgang (Gerald Sieber)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Ferengi Trading Post + Ferengi Freighter OR D'Kora Transport if you can spare the seed slots and have the means to staff either on Turn 1.

Quark's Bar ensures compatibility (also for your Gaila chain). Or are you trying to set it up on a generic Nor?

By WeAreBack
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Setting up cargo runs efficiently means not wasting a card play on a freighter or transport that reports free to docking ports anyway.

Put a transport in Q's Tent, play with multiples of Q's Tent, Hidden fighter (which admittedly can only grab the worst transport there ever was Zibalian Transport, and requires you to seed your Nor at a planet so Kasidy Yates can beam down and qualify as an away team), and actual freighters/transports in your deck that you have an 80% chance of drawing into one in your starting hand.

Also include several Ready Room doors (especially if you are using these anyway), which would allow you to download Condition Red if you draw that in your starting hand, which would likely allow you to discard a card at the start of turn 2 to put a freighter in hand which you could then play for free.

Critically, you can combine Q's Tent with a cargo running deck if you save the tent until after your cargo runs are complete. This would mean using the tent mostly for interrupts, doorways, cards that are [DL]. Otherwise you are waiting until the next turn to play what you've pulled and in danger of being hit with Maska.

trying to get on now

I would suggest instead that a mission's quadrant […]

Big 2e energy in this proposal, that's for[…]

3. Time Travel to the Drone Control room and bat[…]