For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Use this thread to discuss the decklist Decipher Archives: Klingon Kill Deck - 1996 by Robbie Clark.

So, this is the oldest working decklink I found in the Decipher archives. Looking at it really took me back, to the types of decks I built with my friend when we were the only ones we knew that played back in Premier/AU.

As much as I am a firm believer that DS9-BoG was the golden era for the game, looking at this deck brought back an innocence.

I prefer interesting seed phases, and being able to set up your strategy, but remembering when all you needed was 60 cards did make me appreciate how Decipher tried to bring back that spirit with 2E.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Fritzinger wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:39 am This one doesn't seem so well optimised. Why bother with shields in a game where you are the one who is attacking most of the time?
One of the things about ship battles in 1E is that your opponent can counterattack you as part of the battle process, so you might end up taking damage during a battle if you have low shields. I just checked the Starter Deck II rule book (1998)* and it says the same thing, so this was probably true earlier than that.

*It was sitting on my desk. I'm too lazy to go find a Premiere rule book right this moment.

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
yeah, both sides firing has been a part of the 1E rules since the beginning. (One of the things I think they generally got right over 2E). So you can attack your opponent's Galaxy with two smaller Bird-of-preys, damage it, but know that one of your ships will be damaged in return.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Wait wait wait wait. That's not how it works in 2E? Ships get attacked and just have to take it in the face?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:49 pm Wait wait wait wait. That's not how it works in 2E? Ships get attacked and just have to take it in the face?
Correct. The way to win a battle in 2e on defense is to have your shields>your attacker's weapons. Your weapons and their shields are irrelevant.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation