For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Takket wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:03 am thanks for posting these... I don't get to play a whole lot so this is how I get to see what's going around!
First: IDK why or how this became a forum thread (there's probably a button), but there are often reports like this in all the events! You can click on one of the icons preceding players' names (if extant) to go to such an 'After Action Report' page. :) (I wrote lengthy reports on all tourneys I was in, as I'm sure other people do, too. In any case: many reports available!)

Second: may I ask if/why you don't play in online tourneys? (Just curious! You're such an active memeber here, so your comment surprised me.) Playing online is not as fun / handy / easy as the real thing, but it's close. And it lets you play with international opponents. I thought it amazing that Lackey, for all its quircks, allows us to play this game at a distance -- and rather intuitive, even, after the 1st few learning games. :)

(Okay, Lackey certainly has its downsides; and it's rather easy -- but cumbersome? -- to cheat. Inform yourself/ask about that; then decide whether it's still worth it to you.)

Possibly / probably, you knew all the stuff above. But I thought it worth the risk. 8)

Oh. I see now, you signed up in 2009. So... you knew all this a decade before me. :mrgreen: :lol:

:cheersL:

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:00 am Use this thread to discuss this Tournament Report: 2022-03-05 - 10:00 AM - BCSWowbagger.
Can you help me out? I think I’m misunderstanding something.
Jason was playing one of my favorite decks of his: the Car/Dom all-GQ deck that blocks your missions with countdown dilemmas and then uses End Transmission to make those countdowns last forrrrrrreeeeeeeeverrrrrrrr.
I decided to just blitz it, in order to get the countdowns started as fast as possible. After I struggled past the intro dilemmas, he Linguistic Legerdemain'd Gamma Hydra for X=3 on (I believe) my third or fourth turn, and I fell to Personal Duty/Friendly Fire at Shattered Space two turns later for X=2. Which meant that both cards would expire at the same time -- on the tenth or eleventh turn of the game. My job, then, was to keep him from winning in the meantime.
How does end transmission extend the countdowns? I understand the old version, but the errata to End Transmission doesnt seem to do that unless I’m missing something big? Thanks!
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Yeah, Jason plays ET before his end-of-turn phase starts, so no countdowns count down. ET stays on the table for a turn and is unique, preventing him from doing this trick twice in a row (which could prevent countdowns from EVER counting down!), but he effectively doubles all countdowns.

Then uses dilemma combos that exclusively run on countdowns. Clown: Throne naming "CUNNING" plus In The Pale Moonlight is a killer.

Very creative deck.

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:24 pm Yeah, Jason plays ET before his end-of-turn phase starts, so no countdowns count down. ET stays on the table for a turn and is unique, preventing him from doing this trick twice in a row (which could prevent countdowns from EVER counting down!), but he effectively doubles all countdowns.

Then uses dilemma combos that exclusively run on countdowns. Clown: Throne naming "CUNNING" plus In The Pale Moonlight is a killer.

Very creative deck.
Yeah, that would be very hard to plan around. Amazing deckbuilding, though.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation