For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Dukat wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:13 am Silly question:
When I have ONLY Fed cards in my deck, does that mean, using Trust The Prophets, that I don't need a treaty?

(Not sure ... I guess they are only compatible, because of the treaty?)
TTP says they're considered matching, so technically you don't *need* the treaty.

However, that does limit you to just [1E-DS9] [Fed] , and while they're pretty good, they get a lot of complementary support from [1E-DS9] [Baj] , so I'm not sure why you would want to go mono [Fed] over Here by Invitation which is a better deck than people tend to give it credit for.

By Dukat (Andreas Rheinländer)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
1E German National Runner-Up 2024
Follow up for clarification:
Trust The Prophets says:
Compatible [DS9] [Fed] (except [OS]) cards are considered to match Deep Space 9's affiliation for purposes related to its sites.
How can they become compatible without a treaty?
That is what concerned me ...

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Dukat wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:30 am Follow up for clarification:
Trust The Prophets says:
Compatible [DS9] [Fed] (except [OS]) cards are considered to match Deep Space 9's affiliation for purposes related to its sites.
How can they become compatible without a treaty?
That is what concerned me ...
Ha! That's what I get for trying to answer rules questions before my first cup of coffee.... :oops:

So yeah, you need a treaty to make them compatible, then TTP makes them matching.

Again, HBI, seriously underrated!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Dukat wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:44 am My problem with the invitation is the treaty ...

Too often, treaties are being destroyed, rendering a deck almost useless.
Unless you have a card that protects your treaties, it's really dangerous.
Guest Quarters and Kai Winn gets you a backup treaty, so they'd have to destroy it twice.

Alternatively, you could seed Open Diplomatic Relations and just not seed the treaty since you'd download it with HBI. With the errata, it now allows you to retrieve your treaty multiple times, so getting the treaty nuked is more speedbump, less crash into the wall.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]