For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Blueshift wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:17 pm9xQ Flash?
That's fun, but won't work in OTF since there's a 2-card limit. In that vein, he COULD do:
Seed Q-Flash (which leaves 8 seed slots)
2x Q: A Dazzling Flash
2x Q: Enter the Supernova
2x Q
Dead End or Experience BiJ
Borg Ship for Don't Provoke the Borg
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Don't forget Q-uality Time and Beware of Q!

If you really really go all-in, I think you can cause 6 Q-flashes from Beware of Q (3 if you limit yourself to cards in your Tent) + 6 Q-flashes from normal seeds (Q/Q: Dazzling/Q: Enter) + 2 from Q-uality Time = 14 (or at least 11) total Q-flashes to trigger.

And no, there is nothing wrong with having two q-flashes at a single mission, so long as the flashes are triggered by different cards. (Obviously if you hit the same card twice, that's a mis-seed.)

By WeAreBack
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:31 pm And no, there is nothing wrong with having two q-flashes at a single mission, so long as the flashes are triggered by different cards. (Obviously if you hit the same card twice, that's a mis-seed.)
Could you clarify this? I thought that because of the Colon Rule, technically all 3 dilemmas called Q (two of which have a colon) are actually the same card. So I'm certain I can seed Q: A Dazzling Flash normally, and then seed Quality Time.

But if my opponent clears the Q-Flash from Q: A Dazzling Flash and encounters Q-uality Time, can I download another dilemma called Q, say Q: Enter The Supernova, at the same mission without it being a mis-seed? Or lets say he's stopped and on my next turn I use my card play to play Beware of Q to seed a Q dilemma under the mission. Wouldn't it be a mis-seed when encountered if another dilemma called Q was encountered at the same mission?

I feel like this is a bit like if I were to seed a copy of Male's Love interest and then download and seed another copy of the same dilemma at the same mission using Shore Leave.

Or are these not really the same dilemma?

Or is there a difference if if Q was previously encountered and I use a card like Beware of Q to replace a subsequent dilemma after that dilemma is revealed because the second dilemma called Q was technically never seeded?
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
WeAreBack wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:35 pm Could you clarify this? I thought that because of the Colon Rule, technically all 3 dilemmas called Q (two of which have a colon) are actually the same card. So I'm certain I can seed Q: A Dazzling Flash normally, and then seed Quality Time.
The Colon Rule doesn't make them all the same card. The Colon Rule has a much narrower effect: it makes it so that, when a card references another card using a card title group, all cards within the card title group can be used. So, if a card mentions "Q" as something you can download or nullify or whatever, any card in the "Q" title group can be downloaded or nullified or whatever.

Other than that narrow situation, the cards are all different cards and function like different cards. Since they are different cards, they aren't mis-seeds if multiple different Q dilemmas are revealed beneath the same mission. Seeding Q: A Dazzling Flash followed by Q: Enter the Supernova followed by Q (just Q) would be perfectly legal. (By contrast, if you seeded three copies of Q: A Dazzling Flash, all at the same mission ,the second and third copies revealed would be mis-seeds. Same if you use Beware of Q to replace a dilemma with Q: A Dazzling Flash if your other Q: A Dazzling Flash has already been encountered there.)

Does that clear it up?

By ShipNerd
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
can you add the mission to download an addtional armus dilemma?
then use 2x cytherians in the regula dilemmas and download armus energy field if someone tries to redshirt. also use disrupt continue to exchange a dilemma that would otherwise not work for a strong one.

otherwise use 3x2 to block one type of mission (all planets or all space). and have 1 dilemma for the others.

use many dilemmas all requirng simular skills, like 2x berserk changeling + other dilemmas requirng security. and the usualy good candiates for good dilemmas, like rules of obidience, misinterpred history for kill+wall in one dilemma.?
Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]

Thermokinetic explosion

It would hit because your total attibutes at the t[…]

1EFQ: Random Releases

I'll add one more thing. If this becomes more of[…]

Klingon Neelix ponderings

I am collecting data at this point. Someone aske[…]