For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By Azighal
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
so when i have played other card games in the past I always love to play control decks. Can someone point me in the direction of a control deck? or the closest Star Trek 1e has
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Well, that depends what you mean by "control deck."

Every so often, someone comes along and says, "Lo, behold my control deck and tremble!" and then there's a bunch of replies and it turns out we have 4-5 contradictory definitions of "control deck" in the community.

So if you spell out exactly what you mean by "control," we can skip that part of the discussion and cut straight to giving you decks.

By Azighal
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
thats fair.

i want to be able to mess up my opponents gameplan (more then just dilemmas) without having to get into direct confrontation with them. i do love the mila, Transport Inhibitor combo.
 -  
Community Contributor
You might enjoy @martok88 's Decktus Interruptus, then! He spams out annoying interrupts that make opponent sad (without direct engagement, to my awareness). This follows a long tradition of players making "annoying interrupt decks" that do similar things -- you can find a few by looking up Barclay's Transporter Phobia or Brain Drain or Docking Procedures in the database and browsing decks that use it.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 4:15 pm You might enjoy @martok88 's Decktus Interruptus, then! He spams out annoying interrupts that make opponent sad (without direct engagement, to my awareness). This follows a long tradition of players making "annoying interrupt decks" that do similar things -- you can find a few by looking up Barclay's Transporter Phobia or Brain Drain or Docking Procedures in the database and browsing decks that use it.
I think MVB also has some good decks of this style floating around. But his tend to be difficult to pilot for non-MVB's

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Azighal wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 5:29 am what is a MVB deck?
Michael Van Breemen aka @The Ninja Scot
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Azighal wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 5:34 pm How do u look up decks from a specific person?
I usually look at decks containing a specific card I'm interested in. If we're talking about control, maybe Barclay Transporter Phobia. I'll then open up the tab that says Load All Decks. Each deck that uses that card shows up and also lists who built it. You can ctl + F for a certain person if you know their forum handle.
 -  
Community Contributor
Another approach is to click Tournaments (at the top of most pages of the website), then the Players subpage, which shows a list of rankings. Switch to First Edition rankings, find the player in the list, and click through to see their tourney profile, including all their posted tourney decks.

MVB is quite near the top; not hard to find once you're there.

It's a big website! Lots of neat tools! Too many to track at first! But it gets easier.

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Control Decks are generally ones that you have to interact with your opponent but most of those decks are affected by heavy errata / bans / rule changes / the CC's policy of hurting those affiliation style decks that were designed to do that kind of control

I miss seeing classic Cardy/Romy, Ferengi, Vidiian, Hirogen, Kazon, Dominion, Bajoran, Maquis, Mirror decks that did good control mechanisms.

The suggestions given have their uses BUT there are easy work arounds against those suggestions and most players will be ready for them and they are also only one focus: aka one card type to do 'control'.

If you want a more aggressive control deck then Borg Battle Assimilation or a Borg Deck that focuses heavily on dilemmas that assimilate & battle personnel or damage opponents ships.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]