For posting deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By Warrior50
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Adventurer
Of late I have been looking at doing some of the deck types for Dissidents keyword, type of decks. I noticed that at this point there does not seem to be one for the Cardiassian's or Romulan's.

Most of the others that I have found have a unique ship or some part of a factions history. So I wanted to know if I might have missed something or if maybe these two groups have a deck type achievement for dissidents and it might one of the hidden achievement.

When I looked at the Romulan dissidents, I thought they might be tied to the reunification episodes of TNG. The Cardiassians however seem to be from various episodes of TNG or DS 9 or some variation there of all the Trek shows.

Anyone have any thoughts on having a deck type for either of these groups.

Thanks

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Wanderer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2019
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Are you looking for it to be story-centric or gameplay-focussed?
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
Praetor
1E American National Champion 2020
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2021
Armus wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:10 am I had a [Rom] / [Car] Dissident deck years ago. It used Prejudice and Politics to score points combined with Iliana Ghemor to spit out high cost dissidents directly to the HQ.

Definitely a tier one deck in its day.
In a Code of Ushan world, takes a step back up

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Goateed
Community Contributor
1E American National Second Runner-Up 2020
pfti wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:19 am
Armus wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:10 am I had a [Rom] / [Car] Dissident deck years ago. It used Prejudice and Politics to score points combined with Iliana Ghemor to spit out high cost dissidents directly to the HQ.

Definitely a tier one deck in its day.
In a Code of Ushan world, takes a step back up
True enough. The issue is it's a real dicey proposition to bring a 2HQ deck in a world where every NeuNeuDominion deck is rolling with Provoke Interstellar Incident.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Goateed
Community Contributor
1E American National Second Runner-Up 2020
pfti wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:09 pm NeuNeuDom Strikes again
Yes. When you design cards to make your favorite affiliation super awesome and immune to everything, it shouldn't be a surprise that they dominate the meta.

Unfortunately, if it's *Not* your favorite affiliation, then you might not like your options if you want to win.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Warrior50 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:55 am Anyone have any thoughts on having a deck type for either of these groups.
The [Car] Dissidents have a lot of 1-cost personnel, and Elim Garak downloads For Cardassia!. You can go for three 30 points missions and rely on the interrupt to get you the last 10.

Sadly [Rom] Dissidents don't have any sort of unifying mechanic, or even a unifying story theme. They're split between personnel from Spock's Underground and Romulan supporters of Shinzon's coup (though weirdly not Shinzon or his Reman companions).

By Warrior50
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Adventurer
Thanks to all for the information and ideas. As it was pointed out that there is not a unifying theme for the Romulans and that the Cardiassians have a lot of 1 cosr personnel.

I think for now that I will keep this in mind for some future deck and work on some other projects as our group has just started our league season.

Angain, thanks for the help everyone.

I got a MW 70-45. Michael I went in expectin[…]

I recently investigated the STCCG in more detail ([…]

We Surrender!

yeah, hippo had the original working template. som[…]

You have to slide the front row to the side (left […]