For posting deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By Warrior50
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Of late I have been looking at doing some of the deck types for Dissidents keyword, type of decks. I noticed that at this point there does not seem to be one for the Cardiassian's or Romulan's.

Most of the others that I have found have a unique ship or some part of a factions history. So I wanted to know if I might have missed something or if maybe these two groups have a deck type achievement for dissidents and it might one of the hidden achievement.

When I looked at the Romulan dissidents, I thought they might be tied to the reunification episodes of TNG. The Cardiassians however seem to be from various episodes of TNG or DS 9 or some variation there of all the Trek shows.

Anyone have any thoughts on having a deck type for either of these groups.

Thanks

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Are you looking for it to be story-centric or gameplay-focussed?
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:10 am I had a [Rom] / [Car] Dissident deck years ago. It used Prejudice and Politics to score points combined with Iliana Ghemor to spit out high cost dissidents directly to the HQ.

Definitely a tier one deck in its day.
In a Code of Ushan world, takes a step back up

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
pfti wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:19 am
Armus wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:10 am I had a [Rom] / [Car] Dissident deck years ago. It used Prejudice and Politics to score points combined with Iliana Ghemor to spit out high cost dissidents directly to the HQ.

Definitely a tier one deck in its day.
In a Code of Ushan world, takes a step back up
True enough. The issue is it's a real dicey proposition to bring a 2HQ deck in a world where every NeuNeuDominion deck is rolling with Provoke Interstellar Incident.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
pfti wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:09 pm NeuNeuDom Strikes again
Yes. When you design cards to make your favorite affiliation super awesome and immune to everything, it shouldn't be a surprise that they dominate the meta.

Unfortunately, if it's *Not* your favorite affiliation, then you might not like your options if you want to win.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Warrior50 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:55 am Anyone have any thoughts on having a deck type for either of these groups.
The [Car] Dissidents have a lot of 1-cost personnel, and Elim Garak downloads For Cardassia!. You can go for three 30 points missions and rely on the interrupt to get you the last 10.

Sadly [Rom] Dissidents don't have any sort of unifying mechanic, or even a unifying story theme. They're split between personnel from Spock's Underground and Romulan supporters of Shinzon's coup (though weirdly not Shinzon or his Reman companions).

By Warrior50
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Thanks to all for the information and ideas. As it was pointed out that there is not a unifying theme for the Romulans and that the Cardiassians have a lot of 1 cosr personnel.

I think for now that I will keep this in mind for some future deck and work on some other projects as our group has just started our league season.

Angain, thanks for the help everyone.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Warrior50 wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:47 am Wanted to thank the people who added all the dissidents in the new set and the addition of a new HQ for the Cardiassians. Look forward to trying to build a deck with them.
Nice. I remember appreciating this thread back when you started it. We had already worked on the new stuff for a bit and had the bones of what you see now. I was dying to say, “Wait for it!” But you never know what makes it through testing and what doesn’t. I’m glad you like it.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
idk I haven't seen them in a while.
Nobody's played them online recently.
Nobody seems to have played them at NA continentals.
We'll see about EU continentals but I think the effect of Morphogenic Virus might begin to take hold. Plus the fact that more and more people are stacking up on Becalmed and Artificial Ability, which doesn't appear to be a bad move in the current meta anyway.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
monty42 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:15 am
idk I haven't seen them in a while.
Nobody's played them online recently.
Nobody seems to have played them at NA continentals.
We'll see about EU continentals but I think the effect of Morphogenic Virus might begin to take hold. Plus the fact that more and more people are stacking up on Becalmed and Artificial Ability, which doesn't appear to be a bad move in the current meta anyway.
I’ve seen a lot more NeuDom recently.

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]