For posting deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
2E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
The deck itself

Over the weekend, this deck went 3-2 at the Kazon Collective regionals.

The premise is simple: Do Eliminate Sphere Network and Brute Force for eighty five points, and then B'aht Qul Challenge for the last fifteen.

Here's the rub: My dilemmas blow goats, and if I lose two B'aht Qul's, I'm boned.

How can I improve it? Your thoughts, Grand Trek Community?

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Greasy Dukat so you can get rid of the high cost cards/all cards in your opponent's discard pile, or the low cost cards in yours.

A Second Chance at Life (ideally for when your hand consists of a ship or an unplayed Kahless) so you can retrieve and replay a B'aht Qul Challenge.
Last edited by Danny on Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Helmp
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote:Greasy Dukat so you can get rid of the high cost cards/all cards in your opponent's discard pile, or the low cost cards in yours.
And could help out with Causal Recursion. I think your dilemma deck is kind of strange with all those planet and space dilemma's. I usually use more duals than planet or space dilemma's.

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Thanks everyone for your help.
Danny wrote:A Second Chance at Life (ideally for when your hand consists of a ship or an unplayed Kahless) so you can retrieve and replay a B'aht Qul Challenge.
You sir, have just won this thread. That should be pretty handy, even being able to retrieve useful non-BQC cards like Kahless.

Kahless lived.
Kahless lives.
Kahless will live.

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
Iron Mike wrote:Thanks everyone for your help.
Danny wrote:A Second Chance at Life (ideally for when your hand consists of a ship or an unplayed Kahless) so you can retrieve and replay a B'aht Qul Challenge.
You sir, have just won this thread. That should be pretty handy, even being able to retrieve useful non-BQC cards like Kahless.

Kahless lived.
Kahless lives.
Kahless will live.
I got lucky discarding your hand with two copies of that event. The real threat would have been Our Death is Glory to the Founders. The above mentioned card helps solve that problem as well.

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
chompers wrote:I got lucky discarding your hand with two copies of that event. The real threat would have been Our Death is Glory to the Founders. The above mentioned card helps solve that problem as well.
Exactly. Even if you break one BQC, I can theoretically retrieve it. You can't nullify everything. :P

By Helmp
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
you opponent also can't pick a high cost card with A Second Chance at Life, because he will help you for the BQC you're going to play next. Getting back the BQC actually helps itself because you're removing a 0-cost event from the discard pile.

BQC + A Second Chance at Life = sweet combo

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
chompers wrote:With all the high cost missions it might be worth considering the dilemmas

Spatial Interphase
Slightly Overbooked
Unfair Terms
Oddly, I did stock a lot of them previously. They hit so rarely that I just took them out.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I would also be worried about your space/planet/dual ratio. Most decks normally run more dual than space/planet and yours is opposite. Not sure how well that would draw out. Anything that prevent your events being played, aka ODIG or GPT would take out your key strategy.
Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a […]

You can also click on the tournament results and t[…]

No, because the set was released yesterday, so the[…]

New Tribbles set Bad Moon

Why has no one confirmed the obvious. [Trob] […]