For posting deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
I wanted to compile a list of strong decks and possible counters to them,

so far i have
TT - prevent deaths
Kruge - Big shields / exocomp
Borg - ??
Cadets - Dilemmas that punish low cost
FSE - event destruction
Capture - rescue captives
bridge officers - interupt cancel
Kirk/Donatra -??

the idea being to make a deck that can handle anything that comes at it.

any other deck concepts that i should prepare for? or counters to these existing ones?

By Ajnaran
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BaronMorrath wrote:I wanted to compile a list of strong decks and possible counters to them,

so far i have
TT - prevent deaths
Kruge - Big shields / exocomp
Borg - ??
Cadets - Dilemmas that punish low cost
FSE - event destruction
Capture - rescue captives
bridge officers - interupt cancel
Kirk/Donatra -??

the idea being to make a deck that can handle anything that comes at it.

any other deck concepts that i should prepare for? or counters to these existing ones?
Borg is tough; event/interrupt prevention certainly help. easy, redundantly-skilled missions help as does a quick personnel-plop draw deck. Kirk is tough, SI/Caretaker's Guest certainly help against him and Donatra. Cards such as Ensnared, Silaran Prin and Holding Cell can be of service as well (tho they are aff-specific).

By ZodoJats
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
You can make your dilemma pile fantastic against any affiliation/decktype you want, but it is tough (impossible?) to make it fantastic against every one. If you were purely worried about Borg for instance, 3x Captain's Guest, Caretaker's Guest, Gomtuu etc. would work fantastically in space. Swashbuckler is good for Bridge Officer's too, although another dilemma put under.

As a general thing to put in there, A Few Minor Difficulties is key against a bunch of stuff.

With the exception of TT, a Borg Assimilator with a tailored DP can fit all of those requirements pretty easily, and then you'd need K&E and ETUs for TT stuff.

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Donatra is easy to counter - just use skill dilemmas or dilemmas that cost 0.
This also counters a few other strategies at the same time including using Asses Contamination, and Damaged Archer.

By Ajnaran
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Foreman wrote:Donatra is easy to counter - just use skill dilemmas or dilemmas that cost 0.
This also counters a few other strategies at the same time including using Asses Contamination, and Damaged Archer.
I tend to agree, tho it's certainly nice to see some quality rommie decks win some regionals!

By Helmp
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Including counters to everything will clog your deck. The real trick is to include those counters to the decks you expect to show up at the tourney your attending. I decided long time ago including counters to everything is pretty much impossible IMHO.

By DJstormtrooper (Tyler Fultz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Helmp wrote:Including counters to everything will clog your deck. The real trick is to include those counters to the decks you expect to show up at the tourney your attending. I decided long time ago including counters to everything is pretty much impossible IMHO.
My strategy is to include coutners to stuff in my dilemma pile. For example, I always knew my Maquis deck's biggest threats were Klingons and TOS, so I put in multiple copies of Personal Duty and Moral Choice. This helped balance my deck out against the things I knew were the greatest meta threats.

By Helmp
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
DJstormtrooper wrote:
Helmp wrote:Including counters to everything will clog your deck. The real trick is to include those counters to the decks you expect to show up at the tourney your attending. I decided long time ago including counters to everything is pretty much impossible IMHO.
My strategy is to include coutners to stuff in my dilemma pile. For example, I always knew my Maquis deck's biggest threats were Klingons and TOS, so I put in multiple copies of Personal Duty and Moral Choice. This helped balance my deck out against the things I knew were the greatest meta threats.
This does work against a lot of things, but will be more difficult against FSE, Capture or Assimilation. But I guess you could include dilemma's to target those specific affiliations.
Shipping Manager
By SirDan (Dan Hamman)
 - Shipping Manager
 -  
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
[Thread Hijack]

I too am considering a similar deck. I'm hosting a regional this weekend, and if there are an odd number of players, I'll probably jump in. The thing is, I really don't want to be competitive - I don't feel like one should win their own high-level event. What I'd like to play is something that swats a few of the current power builds:

Euroborg
Terok Nor
Federation
Weenies

I think I can do this with my dilemma pile. Lots of low cost killers, lots of Gomtuu, The Captain's & Caretaker's Guests, Secret Identity and Moral Choice.

My question is, what should I pair it with? Here are my options:
Bajoran
DS9
Ferengi
Maquis
Non-Aligned
Romulan
Voyager

Androids and Augments might be fun. On the other hand, Maquis might just fit the theme of disruption.

Based on the 50/50 odds of me actually playing, anyone have any suggestions?

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
SirDan wrote:Voyager

Go Voyager/Equinox - make your opponent pay full price for NA Bashir, don't get dicked by Unbelievable Emergency or the Dalrok, complete Caretaker's Array nice and early then fritter the points away using either AWC? or Equinox peep gametext!

Man, I love Voyager.

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote:
SirDan wrote:Voyager

Go Voyager/Equinox - make your opponent pay full price for NA Bashir, don't get dicked by Unbelievable Emergency or the Dalrok, complete Caretaker's Array nice and early then fritter the points away using either AWC? or Equinox peep gametext!

Man, I love Voyager.
I say use the extra points on some Hate. Stick it to anyone who dares show up with cadets or Navaar.
Second Edition Creative Manager
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 - Second Edition Creative Manager
 -  
Adventurer
Foreman wrote:I say use the extra points on some Hate. Stick it to anyone who dares show up with cadets or Navaar.
It would be cool to get to say you "hate" cadets.
Shipping Manager
By SirDan (Dan Hamman)
 - Shipping Manager
 -  
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Triumph wrote:
Foreman wrote:I say use the extra points on some Hate. Stick it to anyone who dares show up with cadets or Navaar.
It would be cool to get to say you "hate" cadets.
I hate'd Mot. That was epic.

Thanks for all the pointers, folks.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Adventurer
I still say DS9 for the "ready for anything deck". Patrolling Defiant, Sao Paolo, Holding Cell, Medical Teams. It's not the best, most tweaked against anything deck but it's been a reliable workhorse for me lately.
Is Sedis a captain?

P'Jem Sanctuary can also DL Sopek .

Virtual Promos 2E

What is the status of promos 0 VP 353, 0 VP 354, a[…]

Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]