For posting deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Hey guys,

I just played a Voyager four space deck and I did pretty well with it. I went 2-2, both wins using The Long Journey Home and both losses were very, very close. I'd love to hear your thoughts on how I can tweak the deck to make it just a hair faster or a hair better, and maybe go for a win next time.

Here's the list: https://www.trekcc.org/decklists/index. ... eckID=9356

Any my notes on the deck:

Draw Deck Strategy

Open like a normal Voyager deck, fetching Finding Our Way and a Voyager on turn one (if you aren't lucky enough to start with one.) Tuvok is an excellent choice for the HR download; The Doctor is also a great choice. Try and solve Caretaker's Array if you draw the requisite skills; if you don't get the skills for CA before you get staffing, head for Inversion Mystery first.

You'll want to get the Delta Flyer into play the turn before you solve your first mission. Ideally, you want to have your main crew on Voyager at the mission you're working on, and you'll want your back-up crew (hopefully including B'Elanna) at your next mission. That way, you have the maximum versatility with Field Studies.

If you do not believe your opponent has event destruction, feel free to play The Long Journey Home early. If your opponent is playing something likely to include event destruction (Brunt, Luther Sloan, [TN] Dukat), hold the event until the turn you think you'll solve your 4th mission. If you suspect your opponent is holding counters, you'll want to save your Feast on the Dying to recover your cancelled TLJH.

Otherwise, use Feast to recover Field Studies to replay, or to recover copies of Chakotay or Revised Chakotay. While attempting missions, don't be afraid to use their abilities, but try not to be too liberal with them either. I generally try to use them early and late, and be more judicious for the 2nd and 3rd missions.

Dilemma Pile Strategy

In space, you want to try and set up Where No One Has Gone Before to by yourself extra turns. Once you've run those out, you want to stop them as long as you can with Outclassed and Tactical Disadvantage.

On the planet, Mugato is king. Being able to stack two (or even three) Mugato in an opponent's core will disrupt them and keep the opponent off guard. (Don't forget Mugato and don't hesitate to keep reminding your opponent about it.)

The rest of the dilemma pile is made up of generic filters and stopper cards, as well as a few support dilemmas. One nice trick is to use Swashbuckler at Heart against your opponent, and then play your Long Journey Home on your next turn (since he or she won't have counter interrupts in his or her hand.)

VS. Matchups

Biogenic Weapon can end the four-space victory condition; if you run into Maquis, you might want to just plan to solve three missions traditionally. Against Borg and especially Klingon, save an extra Voyager to recover from Kruge.

-crp

By ZodoJats
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The biggest change I would recommend is include this super awesome card. You might want to put in a third Janeway too then.
I'd also play at least one Firestorm/Desperate Sacrifice.
I'd also want more Navigation - you have three at the moment. I recommend Brull, NA Jadzia and maybe even T'Pol. They all have a lot of great skills for your missions.
Cluttering fits pretty well.
I'd also prefer a more solveable planet mission, like Investigate Unknown Element. Historical Research is great, but with only two Archaeology in the deck you could easily be locked out (if they cancel your Journey's).

By Helmp
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Nice deck. Firestorm is indeed a must card for decks using no headquarters. I'd also consider Well-Prepared Defenses in the dilemma pile. Neelix is also a nice Navigation. Other option is to change Collect Omicron Particles with Assault on Species 8472. Only draw back is that its not a Nebula.

By Peukon
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Looks pretty good Charlie.

I was planing on playing a Long Journey Home deck at Euroes, but since I'm not going I thought I might as well share it with you:
https://www.trekcc.org/decklists/index.p ... eckID=9109
It works a lot like yours, except I tried to keep the cunning 5 personnel as low as posisble, and I run Kathryn Janeway, Regretful Leader instead (with equipment and Hindrance). I run with a few counters too to protect LJH. I do love Modified Tricorder too. It's really helpful against dilemmaes.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Looks pretty good. In my attempt with the deck I used virtual Janeway in order to utilize Tampering With Time to hopefully set the top two cards of dilemma pile for Field Studies. I also wasn't using the Chuckle brothers.

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
benpaulsen86 wrote: I also wasn't using the Chuckle brothers.
????!!!
lol seriously though, Non revised chakotay is great just for his skills, and the threat that you might get to use him.
I have a love hate with revised. Its amazing ghow many times his lack of staffing icon slows me down a turn.

Did you do the 4 space on both the wins in that tourney charlie?
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Foreman wrote:
benpaulsen86 wrote: I also wasn't using the Chuckle brothers.
????!!!
lol seriously though, Non revised chakotay is great just for his skills, and the threat that you might get to use him.
I have a love hate with revised. Its amazing ghow many times his lack of staffing icon slows me down a turn.

Did you do the 4 space on both the wins in that tourney charlie?
Yup.

Game 1: 4 space solved
Game 2: 3 space solved, 4th one buried
Game 3: 4 space solved
Game 4: 2 space solved, 3rd buried

-crp
Is Sedis a captain?

P'Jem Sanctuary can also DL Sopek .

Virtual Promos 2E

What is the status of promos 0 VP 353, 0 VP 354, a[…]

Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]