For posting deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By Helmp
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
DS9 E Jaresh-Inyo's School decks are getting more populair these days. Winning even a Regional or two. I've build one too, to do some testing. It might be my bad draws, but I haven't been able to get de deck up to speed. You need the Vastly Outnumbered stuff, Jaresh Inyo, 4 differant species DS9 personal and a Promanade School to get thing rolling.

I agree the deck has answers to almost everything but only when everything is out in play. DS9 E prevents me from playing Quark which would be able to get out missing pieces. I might be a bit too hasty to get the Jaresh-Inyo boost but if you don't get it soon you will have to get the high costers like Worf/Ezri back into the deck with TatV before using Jaresh.

I need to play some games with it to see how is does in real life. Ié been thinking of drasticly reducing the DS9 humans to get the speed boost faster. (Keeping Bashir/Ezri and Ross)

Any thoughts?

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Something that was mentioned in our regional was using DS9 MOTW and TNG Earth. Drop an early Guinan then you don't have to rely on going to School.

It's a case of who you know, rather than what you know. :wink:

By ZodoJats
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote:Something that was mentioned in our regional was using DS9 MOTW and TNG Earth. Drop an early Guinan then you don't have to rely on going to School.

It's a case of who you know, rather than what you know. :wink:
That's the deck my brother played at our Regional. You quickly get ~12 personnel out, including Baj Sisko, Ezri, Bashir, Data and Living Legend (with Guinan and 1x School). Pretty beastly, especially since Assess Contamination is an easy fit. The problem was that it could crush some dilemma piles and but may as well be weenies against others. A solid solver, yes, but not the best deck out there.

By Helmp
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I think the key to the deck is, that its very hard to loose DS9 personal from play. Making double or triple attempts possible midgame. Adding too much [E] personal could counter this advantage...

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2023
Architect
My personal feel about the purely [DS9-E] deck with the Vastly crew and only a minimum of [E] personnel (Lwaxana, Jaresh, Living Legend) was not one of playing an outright speed solver, but rather a deck that starts out slowly, but evolves mightily as the game progresses and turns on beast-mode near the end.

Also, you cannnot afford to wait too long until you pull off your power turn. If Promenade School / Jaresh don't work early, don't committ to many draws and turns to get it going, but play your cards as you draw them and don't be afraid of attempting with what you got.

By Ajnaran
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Kaiser wrote: Also, you cannnot afford to wait too long until you pull off your power turn. If Promenade School / Jaresh don't work early, don't committ to many draws and turns to get it going, but play your cards as you draw them and don't be afraid of attempting with what you got.
That's the thing for me. If you devote a lot of resources to Inyo/Promenade only to not be able to pull it off, you are hurting quite a bit because you've basically turned your deck into a muddied DS9 solver.

Bottom line for me: Solid, not fantastic. Not enough synergy IMO using DS9-Earth and if you go double-HQ you open up a new bag of worms.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I guess I'll just echo mostly what others have said: the deck is solid, but very susceptible to poor draws. Other download options are pretty limited: could try double HQ for Quark, or try and make it as close to 35 as possible.

I think it's a pretty good deck to win 2 out of 3. So it won't win Worlds, but it'll be a deck the Worlds winner has to be able to beat.

By Helmp
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Ajnaran wrote:
Kaiser wrote: Also, you cannnot afford to wait too long until you pull off your power turn. If Promenade School / Jaresh don't work early, don't committ to many draws and turns to get it going, but play your cards as you draw them and don't be afraid of attempting with what you got.
That's the thing for me. If you devote a lot of resources to Inyo/Promenade only to not be able to pull it off, you are hurting quite a bit because you've basically turned your deck into a muddied DS9 solver.
I would agree with this, and thats what my testing said too, but Johannes went 5-0 with it at the Koblenz Regional. I was impressed. I see the nessesity to go attempting with what you got. That is why the kill prevention is so important IMO, because otherwise the 'muddied' DS9 solver will get slaughtered. Also, I am still curious about a matchup with a Kruge deck. Tjark went mission solving first before engaging in battle, but what if the Klingon player catches you in space.

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2023
Architect
Helmp wrote:
Ajnaran wrote:
I would agree with this, and thats what my testing said too, but Johannes went 5-0 with it at the Koblenz Regional. I was impressed. I see the nessesity to go attempting with what you got. That is why the kill prevention is so important IMO, because otherwise the 'muddied' DS9 solver will get slaughtered. Also, I am still curious about a matchup with a Kruge deck. Tjark went mission solving first before engaging in battle, but what if the Klingon player catches you in space.
I ran Mediate Peace Treaty in my deck. Even though it's Integrity >35, it's worth it for the protection from Kruge. I even completed it in another game when I was short on Astrometrics. Once you're through that, you just ferry guys to the first planet, and keep the ship safe at home. For the third mission, I didn't even bother keeping my ship safe, I just dumped all personnel I had on the planet.

By Helmp
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
True. Mediate Peace Treaty helps out, forgot about that. My build uses Transport Crash Survivors instead and does not have as many events because I don't use the Unfair Comparison dilemma pile. That way you can keep the deck size small to be able to get the Jaresh/School combo as soon as possible.

Seems nice that MPT and TCS (HR) get to be kind of refferee missions nowadays.
HumQ: Pick of the Tribbles

It's Wednesday! We're more than halfway through th[…]

I guess we should have done "What can we […]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to another one of my homies, @seve[…]

Jared FW Kris 100-35