For posting deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By s_ramme (Soren Ramme Nielsen)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Danish National Runner-Up 2015
Hi Guys,

I made this deck because I wanted to try something new with the Borg. One of my favorite decks is my 80+ cards Borg solver, but I've never tried playing Borg Assimilation (well, aside from one casual game against Peter Møller) and I've never build a small(ish) Borg deck. This deck is both.

I played it at this tournament. Overall I'm satisfied with it's performance (I hadn't play-testet it prior to this tournament), although Flaw in the Plan really screwed me over against Will (Tournament report).

Deck notes: I dont know why I don't have a copy of each of the rituals in there. I'll probably add those. Also, I want to add a copy of Regeneration Alcoves. Otherwise, I'd like to cut it just a bit down in size. Perhaps to 40 cards.

Any comments on the deck are appreciated.

/Soren

By jakob
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I really love that deck.

- but maybe you should cut it down to 44, by taking out those two tactical drones,- so I can borrow them :)

jakob

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
A few additional notes: One of the reasons why I want this deck as slim as possible (I'm sure mos of you are well aware of this, but for those who aren't) is that as soon as you've emptied your draw deck, you can get any card from your discard pile and back into your deck using Three of Nine. For this reason I also want to add Seven of Nine, Part of the Greater Whole. With Seven and 3of9 in play (and no draw deck left) you can attempt a mission play you KandE from hand. If you complete you can use 3of9 to return all your KandE's from the discard pile to your deck and use Seven to return a drone to the bottom of your deck to draw your KandE's again and go attempt the next mission. Assuming you have the bonus points for it, you can play KandE 6 times on one turn this way.

/Soren
Last edited by s_ramme on Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Second Edition Creative Manager
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 - Second Edition Creative Manager
 -  
Adventurer
Given the small size and your ability to download or get stuff back, could you do without a copy of Surprise Party, one of the ships (one of the cubes, maybe?), and a copy of Unrelenting? I don't know Borg super well so these could be horrifically ignorant suggestions ( :cross: ) but I thought I'd make them just in case. :D

By ZodoJats
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Triumph wrote:Given the small size and your ability to download or get stuff back, could you do without a copy of Surprise Party, one of the ships (one of the cubes, maybe?), and a copy of Unrelenting? I don't know Borg super well so these could be horrifically ignorant suggestions ( :cross: ) but I thought I'd make them just in case. :D
You could maybe get rid of a SP, but you want both cubes in there just in case, and really you'd want 10 Unrelenting's if you could.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
ZodoJats wrote:
Triumph wrote:Given the small size and your ability to download or get stuff back, could you do without a copy of Surprise Party, one of the ships (one of the cubes, maybe?), and a copy of Unrelenting? I don't know Borg super well so these could be horrifically ignorant suggestions ( :cross: ) but I thought I'd make them just in case. :D
You could maybe get rid of a SP, but you want both cubes in there just in case, and really you'd want 10 Unrelenting's if you could.
Hmm, I already thought I had removed the one SP, so yeah that one is going. Like Zodo said, I want to keep both cubes (you can discard it with Six of Ten anyway to get something else) and I definitely want to keep all three Unrelenting. When the assimilation is up and running I often play three on one turn.

Another thing; what do you guys think is the best way to go regarding dilemma pile? I didn't want to use a TT pile because there's no dilemma support in the deck and that makes it a bit hit or miss. I went with a random stop pile, to hold my opponent at his mission the longest possible while I assimilate his guys, with Secret Identity to make me choose a personnel to put in the discard pile and pick up when I complete Assimilate Resistance. I put three Not Quite Domesticated Pets in because they went well with the theme, but I'm going to remove them again as I don't have that many events in my core anyway.

Anyway, thanks for the input, guys! :borg:

/Soren

By Peukon
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
s_ramme wrote:I made this deck because I wanted to try something new with the Borg. One of my favorite decks is my 80+ cards Borg solver, but I've never tried playing Borg Assimilation (well, aside from one casual game against Peter Møller) and I've never build a small(ish) Borg deck. This deck is both.
Who are you and waht have you done with my good friend Søren?... I know you are an imposter becasue would never make a deck below 50 cards :D
Overall it looks pretty good though... I little like the small assimilation deck I tried to make (only better). The deck a little vulnerable to to event and interrupt counters, but there isn't much you can do about it in a small deck.

I do really like the idea of cycling cards back with Three of Nine. It looks pretty solid... and I fear facing in the near future :)

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Beautifully designed Borg assimilation deck. I was always trying to build a small Borg deck but never dared to cut anything from my 80 card monsters that always give me a headache after two rounds...

I played this deck at my last tournament and actually won it with two wins and one close loss.

Only changes I made were.. I left out Surprise Party and added Two of Two and an Information Drone. I also switched one of the ships to the Sphere that adds attributes at Borg missions.

:thumbsup:

Next a small working Ferengi deck please :)

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
TyKajada wrote:Beautifully designed Borg assimilation deck.
Thanks, Alex!
TyKajada wrote:I played this deck at my last tournament and actually won it with two wins and one close loss.
Awesome! :borg:
TyKajada wrote:Only changes I made were.. I left out Surprise Party and added Two of Two and an Information Drone. I also switched one of the ships to the Sphere that adds attributes at Borg missions.
Yeah, I've been moving a few cards in and out of the deck recently too. A lot of these tweaks depend on your meta. Sounds like you got it right. The latest version has only one SP and I'v added a Regeneration Alcoves instead. Also, I've added Seven of Nine, Prodigal Daughter for interrupt cancellation (damn you, Flaw in the Plan! :D ).
TyKajada wrote:Next a small working Ferengi deck please :)
Well, I do like a challenge...

/Soren

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Foreman wrote:
s_ramme wrote:Also, I've added Seven of Nine, Prodigal Daughter for interrupt cancellation (damn you, Flaw in the Plan! :D ).
Um what does seven of nine have to do with flaw in the plan?
I'm going to assume someone used flaw in the plan to kill the people that had been asimilated. If he had 7 of 9 he could have prevented that.

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
BaronMorrath wrote:I'm going to assume someone used flaw in the plan to kill the people that had been asimilated. If he had 7 of 9 he could have prevented that.
Umm... not really?

I guess if he was able to counter the FitP, except that somebody countered his counter, then 7/9 would win the counter-war (by blocking their interrupt from countering his interrupt from countering flaw in the plan). But she won't counter flaw in the plan by herself... she protects interrupts, she doesn't prevent them.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Maelwys wrote:
BaronMorrath wrote:I'm going to assume someone used flaw in the plan to kill the people that had been asimilated. If he had 7 of 9 he could have prevented that.
Umm... not really?

I guess if he was able to counter the FitP, except that somebody countered his counter, then 7/9 would win the counter-war (by blocking their interrupt from countering his interrupt from countering flaw in the plan). But she won't counter flaw in the plan by herself... she protects interrupts, she doesn't prevent them.

oh wow... would you look at that... i sure have been thinking she did something else.
Crossover question

I was literally just typing up this question all[…]

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0