For posting deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Adventurer
PK of VA wrote: If they're able to get all these events in play, evek x3, labor camps and 40 bonus points and you STILL haven't solved your missions then you're probably going a bit too slow anyway.
Thanks for the advice, you're definitely right about the out speeding them. Every time I've won, I was so far ahead of them by the time they got to missions that it didn't matter.

By ZodoJats
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
My advice is to pretty much ignore it. It's largely a toothless lion. There's not much you can do to stop them playing Evek and Ensnared, but if you have a 45-ish card deck with decent versatility in personnel it shouldn't matter much more than if those personnel just died. Really, capture does very little to slow you down. The punishment stuff is pretty gimmicky and relatively simple to get around. So yeah, if you are playing a strong solver, you should solve all your missions long before any of their capture stuff becomes a serious issue.

As mentioned, cardies also have The Central Command, which is really good, but beating that has nothing to do with capture itself. The best anti-CC dilemma out there is probably WNOHGB, along with standard stuff like Hard Time and Dal'Rok.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Macgyver221 wrote:I get that the event destruction is extremely important, but what event destruction do you play? At one point, there's prison compound, labor camp, 3x psychological pressure...
Quinn, can really ruin a capture deck's day.
Foreman wrote:I think a lot of capture decks don't have too much of their own event destruction.
Corbin Entek would beg to differ
Foreman wrote: You might be able to use that to your advantage. Another thing you could try is Quinn, if the opponent has a core filled with a lot of events it could help.
It was suggested before, but a killing dilemma pile would be more effective since central command only prevents stops. In that vein, dilemmas that don't neccesarily stop personnel would be good. (Where No One has Gone Before, Hard Time, Caretakers Guests etc.)

Some Affiliation Specific Strategies
If you could get a Holding Cell out early it could hamper their ability to play their central commands.

TOS can use sisko to cancel the central commands.
if stopping central command is a concern, you can use interupt prevention listed above, another hidden gem is Subtle Influence. Or just stick with classic Amanda Rogers or Grav Plating trap

Summary: GPT for the Central Commands, and Firestorm/Quinn for the Capture related events.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Couple people have said Cardies have no kill prevention, how bout Crell Mosett? Especially against tragic turn decks. I'd say Crell is pretty good for that.

By PK of VA
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
BaronMorrath wrote: Quinn, can really ruin a capture deck's day.
I don't think that's very true. At least the top-notch capture decks that I've seen/played don't use that many events that stay in play. I'm sure some would argue but I don't think Psycho Pressure and other punishment cards are anywhere near tier 1 quality, and tbh that includes use of HCM, it just costs too much for a card that you can't use until your next turn. As I said before, if you opponent plays that many events on top of an already slow deck and you can't manage to out-speed it then you probably deserve to lose anyway.
benpaulsen86 wrote: Couple people have said Cardies have no kill prevention, how bout Crell Mosett? Especially against tragic turn decks. I'd say Crell is pretty good for that.
True but if we're talking about capture decks only then you are not likely to see them with enough non-cardassian personnel for it to be worth adding Crell as kill prevention, if they use any at all. He's great in a pure solver setup though.
Is Sedis a captain?

P'Jem Sanctuary can also DL Sopek .

Virtual Promos 2E

What is the status of promos 0 VP 353, 0 VP 354, a[…]

Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]