For posting deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
2E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
Linka

In an attempt to get in on the ground floor of TiTW and its associated interesting parts, I created that (as yet unnamed) deck. The idea is to get the Goraxus (or another ship) out at an opponent's mission, and then keep attacking and capturing their people.

Use Once More Unto The Breach to force engagements which kill/capture. If not at the mission, then use Cloak and Dagger to surprise them and then use Unto The Breach for an allstop and kill. Then during my turn, use Cardassian capture cards with the Goraxus to engage for two captures.

However, this deck went 0-3 at our last tournament. So I bid you Trek people, where can I go better?
Last edited by Iron Mike on Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Second Edition Creative Manager
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 - Second Edition Creative Manager
 -  
Adventurer
First off, I think you are seriously short on two of the skills needed to complete your only planet mission. Get some more Transports and Navigation, or get a new planet mission.

I assume that Political Leverage and Standard Cardassian Procedure are mainly fuel to use Goraxus's order? I wonder if you'd be better off using standard damage engagement events to start fights.

I'm surprised to see only one of each of your star Romulan ships. Do you have trouble getting them out? If so, maybe drop the Keldons so you can concentrate more on the warbirds.

I wonder if the deck's trying to do too much; figure out exactly what the main goal is, zero in on it, and don't add too many frills until you get the main goal to work first. If the main goal is Goraxus capturing, some of the Cardie stuff might be (at least for now) getting in the way.

What kind of dilemma support are you using? Any capture stuff?

Dukat, Prefect of Bajor would fit nicely with all those Romulans. Since all your missions require Intel, why not add the Retired Spymaster? I'm sure there's room for more personnel tweaks, but those guys might be a good start.

I hope this helps!

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Triumph wrote:First off, I think you are seriously short on two of the skills needed to complete your only planet mission. Get some more Transports and Navigation, or get a new planet mission.
Fair enough. That mission was picked fairly haphazardly.
I assume that Political Leverage and Standard Cardassian Procedure are mainly fuel to use Goraxus's order? I wonder if you'd be better off using standard damage engagement events to start fights.
I stocked three PL because I didn't realise that most people would rather lose four cards than their Borg Queen. SCP is there to start engagements which when combined with the Goraxus mean two guys go down.
I'm surprised to see only one of each of your star Romulan ships. Do you have trouble getting them out? If so, maybe drop the Keldons so you can concentrate more on the warbirds.
Either one is good to have, but I despise having "dead" cards. That's why I don't stock multiples like that.
I wonder if the deck's trying to do too much; figure out exactly what the main goal is, zero in on it, and don't add too many frills until you get the main goal to work first. If the main goal is Goraxus capturing, some of the Cardie stuff might be (at least for now) getting in the way.
The main goal is capturing, for which the Goraxus becomes a tool in the box. That's why I have capture engagements, in order to diversify my engagements.
What kind of dilemma support are you using? Any capture stuff?
Alas no. I don't have a lot of the good capturing dilemmas.
Dukat, Prefect of Bajor would fit nicely with all those Romulans. Since all your missions require Intel, why not add the Retired Spymaster? I'm sure there's room for more personnel tweaks, but those guys might be a good start.
Good call on the Dukat. The reason I use that Tain is because sometimes I need to hunt and be protected from bigger ships. Tain/Lovok saved me from marauding Borg cubes at the last tournament.
I hope this helps!
It certainly has! :D
Second Edition Creative Manager
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 - Second Edition Creative Manager
 -  
Adventurer
The First Officer of Terok Nor might be nice way to take advantage of the captives you accumulate.

As I'm looking at your deck, what I'm seeing is that really, aside from Goraxus / Enterprise Incident / Sela, it looks like most of the other key cards in the deck are actually Cardassians. I might be tempted to shift the deck in that direction. You obviously still need enough Romulans to staff your ships, but maybe try to focus personnel and solving tools on the Cardassians (e.g. The Central Command, Cardie Intel for Korinas, etc). Neral, however, would be great with all the Treachery Cardassians, since he helps all Treachery and not just Romulans. He doesn't have any issues with trust. :)

I'm not sure Mirok and Vreenak's abilities are worthwhile, but if you like them, Sirol has a similar ability. And you could try to include some some dilemmas that target Engine / Diplo / Treach just to make sure the opponent has to pay for those skills.
Last edited by Triumph on Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
Inexorable Torture ... (recycle your capture cards ... then restore your deck ... see below).

Combine Prison Compound with In A Mirror Darkly (Cardassians discard too much stuff ... if you can restore the deck you can make it smaller).

Corbin Entek events in their core.

Deliver Prisoners is a good choice for a planet mission if your have some strength.

Odo has nice strength and gives you an option for more Capture with your Prison Compound points (and an answer to your opponent hiding on planets to avoid Goraxus engagements).

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
chompers wrote:Inexorable Torture ... (recycle your capture cards ... then restore your deck ... see below).

Combine Prison Compound with In A Mirror Darkly (Cardassians discard too much stuff ... if you can restore the deck you can make it smaller).
Actually, I've managed to build a deck of Cardassians that has no discarding mechanics.
Corbin Entek events in their core.
Even though my goal is to amass captives, I like the idea of opening this option.
Deliver Prisoners is a good choice for a planet mission if your have some strength.
I like it!
Odo has nice strength and gives you an option for more Capture with your Prison Compound points (and an answer to your opponent hiding on planets to avoid Goraxus engagements).
I like Odo, but if an opponent goes for a planet first, how do I get the first five points to turn on his ability?

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
Odo is a utility character .. strength 8 is nice .. 3 cost not too bad ... he has two skills for Deliver Prisoners (including the important Law). If you use his ability great .. if not, he helps you solve Deliver Prisoners (and a space mission utilizing strength such as Elude Federation Forces) with 5 personnel.

Jeraxx3 + Odo + pretty much any Gul or Legate will solve Deliver Prisoners

Jorvasx3 + Odo + pretty much anyone will solve Elude Federation Forces

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]