For posting deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2023
Architect
Here's the version of the Cardassian ship team I built: Ambition

It's based from memory on a deck Soren played against me a while ago; some of the ideas have been floating around for a while, so I'm not sure who to give credit, but I think both Peter Moller and the Team Jersey Board have done some good work with this team.

I used this deck to introduce a new player to the game, as it's pretty straightforward to play, but it also has great cheating abilities and a nice (re)cycling engine.

It can draw cards (Damar), generate skills (Garak, Dukat, Parek) and attributes (Mardel, Tugat, Comfort Women) get around stopper dilemmas (The Central Command), prevent interrupts (Mila), and cycle back useful stuff (Ocett, Groumall, Back to Basics).

The player who used this deck had never played the game before, but after a short introduction and explanation of the key cards right before the tournament, he managed to go 3-2 (3 full wins, 2 modified losses, +85 differential), beating among others a current Top 10 player.

Best of all, a significant number of cards in this deck is printable as either proxies or regular v-cards! In fact, the only rare cards in this deck are...
• Elim Garak (Crafty Underling) - can be substituted for the cheaper and maybe easier to get, but less versatile Premiere Garak. A non-rare option is Navaar + cheap events.
• Ocett (Dogged Rival) - also found in the Adversaries Anthology, trading for one should be possible. Her main use is recycling The Central Command, which can also be done with non-rare cards like Feast on the Dying.
• Parek (Privileged Legate) - can be ordered cheaply from The Promenade. Four dollars gets you 3 copies, so ask your TD to get some as prize support for next time if you don't have it.
• Tekeny Ghemor (Prominent Official) - can be replaced with any personnel that fills skill or attribute gaps.
• Aldara - can be replaced with any other Cardassian ship.

(Note that if you have neither Tekeny nor Crafty Underling Garak, it might be a good idea to switch out Deliver Prisoners (as you will be running low on Law skill) and replace it with Survey New World (careful, it's vulnerable to Insurrection) or Advanced Combat Training.)

• all the R space dilemmas are available as V-cards (Gomtuu is in the current cycle of tournament promos, see if you can trade for one).
• No Kill I can be replaced by things like Rogue Borg Ambush, etc.
• The Dal'rok can be replaced by Polywater Intoxication and/or Occupational Hazards
• Dignitaries and Witnesses and The Dreamer and the Dream can be replaced by any dual dilemmas that work well in your area.
• Back to Basics is the probably hardest to obtain and to replace, but pile can still work well without it.

For future versions, I will likely include either 2x Swagger or Corbin Entek + another copy of Ensared to have some event control.

In the games, Jadzia Dax wasn't used much; she might make way for a second copy of Julian Bashir - has useful skills and attributes when played, and extra copies can be used as fodder for either Garak or Mardel (attributes +6 can be a game changer against crucial dilemmas).

Feedback welcome!

By Peukon
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I got credit for something... What has the world come too :)

My brain-child came into the universe a Saturday when me and Søren had a day of gaming. It started out as a bigger version with Tain and intellignce missions for insane draws, but after many test games against different decks, it ended out a small tight strength solver.

My version is basically a lot like your deck Johannes. The only real difference in my build is that it's a little smaller (I like small decks), doesn't do any capturing at all and uses a different dilemma pile.

I've had a lot of fun with the deck too... it's a good solid solver (I like solvers) with cheating potential and a good drawing engine.

:cheersL: :cheersR:

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Cool deck. You could probably add 2x Mila as one of those "rare" cards. In fact, it might be more rare than any of the cards you mention.

I imagine it doesn't take too long to draw through your entire deck. What happens then? Don't you lose quite a bit of end-game power? I guess with that many personnel, the end should come quickly :)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Naetor wrote:Cool deck. You could probably add 2x Mila as one of those "rare" cards. In fact, it might be more rare than any of the cards you mention.

I imagine it doesn't take too long to draw through your entire deck. What happens then? Don't you lose quite a bit of end-game power? I guess with that many personnel, the end should come quickly :)
I wouldnt mind seeing a movement to get Mila and AI or made virtual in some way

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
s_ramme wrote: (the later addition of Jadzia was Johannes' idea).
Man, I was saying how awesome she is to anyone who would listen at gencon. With the release of coolant leak, she can get randomly selected pretty often. (Coolant Leak, Personnal Duty, Chula the Chandra, Moral Choice) lots of random selectors.

I think she got selected 4 times in one game.
Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]