For posting deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2023
Architect
For your consideration: The Wesley Crusher

If you don't know what to play in the next Biermeister event, why not simply kill Wesley as often as you can?

The idea is simple:

Use The Play's the Thing to give Wesley Crusher (Nova Squadron Pilot) the [Fut] icon, then kill him with Hindrance each time your opponent attempts a mission.

Then, to keep The Play's the Thing from decaying, use Winn Adami (Kai of Bajor)'s order to discard cards from your hand until your hand is empty. Conveniently, you also get to place your killed Wesley's back on top your draw deck, to be sacrificed for the greater good again next turn.

Should your opponent decide not to attempt a mission that turn, another copy of The Play's the Thing can be used to give more people the [AU] icon so you can use Necessary Evil to kill Wesley.
(of course, this isn't really "killing" him, but it's the next best thing. You can of course also use Quark (Simple Barkeep), Tuvix, etc, but properly "killing" Wesley is more in the spirit of the deck.)

The deck can actually do some missions, and the personnel are relatively cheap on average, so you can draw & play some without having to discard too many with Winn each turn. Of course, there's a lot of room for improvement, but if all you want to do is see Wesley die a lot, give the deck a try and let me know how often you managed to kill him.

-Johannes

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
That is Awesome!

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
What is the record of Wesley deaths?

This reminds me of a deck that someone posted for 1e that use Welsey gets the point to try and get 100 points from killing wesley.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
It might need a couple of Stricken Dumb to fail some dilemmas and possibly get Wes killed on random chance. Just a thought.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
The more I think of this concept, the more I'm wondering if it can be applied to something competitive and less wesley based.

Obviously a k'mtar a turn is both awesome and most likely unsustainable. Past klingons could pull it off perhaps.
The complete a mission = free dude guys are pretty win for this. Doing it with Brunt seems like the option of win.
I'm also pondering a mirror starfleet + Nathan Samuels deck since mirror benefits so strongly from having no cards in hand anyway and nathan keeps the cost of replaying low.

By Lejo
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Kaiser wrote:
JoelBray wrote:The 3x Trellium-D have me scratching my head though...
And rightfully so! They're a leftover from when there was Eliminate Sphere Network in instead of Historical Research. Replace with Engineering Padds or ETUs :cheersL:
That's what I figured, but glad you cleared that up! :)
Deck Design Strategy

I agree with @stressedoutatumc . The way I like[…]

I get the FL 100-0....game over in 10 minutes due […]

The deck qualifies, but the tournament currently[…]

Yes your 5-three cost and 1-five cost were r[…]