For posting deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

-  
Just a little background info first. I play with 4 other friends, and all of us just started playing in January. We typically will play big games of 3-4 people at a time once a week, and combat comes quite regularly. So with that in mind the Prometheus has always been one of my favorite ships in Star Trek, and I used the Rom version of it quite regularly in my 1E decks. However looking at my 2E Romulan deck I don't think having the Prometheus in it would jive very well with the overall synergy of the deck. So that leaves me with the federation version of the ship which I like better because of not having to discard a 2nd person for the damage marker and lower staffing requirements.

What I'm looking for are some ideas of how I can build a federation deck around the Prometheus with battle and still have it be competitive in the group of friends I play with. I already have a solid TNG deck so I'm thinking of ds9 earth or perhaps dual headquarters ds9/athos IV.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Second Edition Creative Manager
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 - Second Edition Creative Manager
 -  
Adventurer
Well, to use the Fed version of Prometheus you obviously need 4-cost personnel, and Decay events. There are some virtual Decay events (like This Side of Paradise and Firestorm), so that should be easy to take care of.

If you know you want to battle, you could use Advanced Battle Simulation let you play the maneuvers cheaper.

So, you sounded like you didn't really want to incorporate this into a TNG deck, so that leaves [DS9-E] as your HQ. I don't know a huge amount about DS9-Earth,

I'd take a look at a couple decks like https://www.trekcc.org/decklists/index.p ... ckID=13778 and https://www.trekcc.org/decklists/index.p ... ckID=13368. That will give you a sense of stuff that goes into a decent [DS9-E] deck, hopefully, and you can put together your own, adding whatever battle stuff / Prometheus stuff you want.

Also: you said you wanted a FED deck, bu you could play an affiliation that solves Commandeer Prototype and download the Fed version of Prometheus. Then you could effectively play the Fed version of Prometheus with something like Klingon, Romulan, or Cardassian.

I hope that helps!

-  
Yeah, thanks for the help. Those are some good things to look into. I've been trying to find some cards from What you leave behind, but I've been having a hard time finding the c/uc's that I want and my wife will kill me if I buy a box of it lol. I really want the missions from the set, especially Patrol Neutral Zone for my Romulans.

-  
We roleplay when we play so that's why I excluded TNG since they are more explorers than fighters. However I have the battleship versions from iamd which I suppose would jive well with the theme of the Prometheus deck. Except I already have a deck built around them and using the Enterprise-D, personal Flagship which so far has dominated every game its been played in. But I guess its good to switch things up from time to time.
Second Edition Creative Manager
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 - Second Edition Creative Manager
 -  
Adventurer
Android_db8 wrote:Yeah, thanks for the help. Those are some good things to look into. I've been trying to find some cards from What you leave behind, but I've been having a hard time finding the c/uc's that I want and my wife will kill me if I buy a box of it lol. I really want the missions from the set, especially Patrol Neutral Zone for my Romulans.
You can print any mission in the game here on the CC website. That doesn't cover everything in WYLB, but it might help.

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.