For posting deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
2E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
Link.

Today I took this Tongo deck to the tournament with a clear purpose: play some fuckin' Tongo. But it's also time to do some missions, which is where I came unstuck.

Ferengi can't solve anything, which is a bummer.

Is there anything which people think can be improved for when this thing is brought out of retirement later?
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
2E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
Question - Any reason why the new Jadzia isn't in the deck since she can download a Tongo for you?

Michael
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
I do strongly recommend Rule of Acquisition #33 if you're having trouble solving missions. It is significantly more potent (and easier to use) than other Ferengi cheaters and helps to fix the #1 Ferengi problem: you have more acquisition than you know what to do with, but it isn't worth very much, and it is included in the character costing algorithm. Being an interrupt rule, it fits well in the Reyga/Rom engine, but 1-3 copies of it can be plenty strong alone.

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Thanks guys!
The Ninja Scot wrote:Question - Any reason why the new Jadzia isn't in the deck since she can download a Tongo for you?
I knew upon making it that I couldn't get to a print shop in time. She's already in version 2.
edgeofhearing wrote:I do strongly recommend Rule of Acquisition #33 if you're having trouble solving missions. It is significantly more potent (and easier to use) than other Ferengi cheaters and helps to fix the #1 Ferengi problem: you have more acquisition than you know what to do with, but it isn't worth very much, and it is included in the character costing algorithm. Being an interrupt rule, it fits well in the Reyga/Rom engine, but 1-3 copies of it can be plenty strong alone.
Ooh, I like it! That's going in version 2.

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
Just because I like things to be over-complicated

Interstellar Treaty and Winn Adami Kai of Bajor and three copies of Gint

Rule #6 to draw cards to power Winn's ability (discard to put Gint on top of deck. (Might be worth adding three copies of Mirror Bashir so you have 6 peeps costing 6).

Deck your opponent - score heaps of points.

Of course none of this helps with solving missions OR if opponent destroys your Tongo's

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
That has to be the most streamlined Tongo deck I've ever seen. I really liked the tech with moogie and rule #6 to set up for ships on top.

I'm reckon that Chomper's Bajor/DS9 has more potential, but this works quite nicely from what I saw in our game.

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
To get Winn you could also solve Runabout Search and retrieve her from the discard pile.

Or instead get Seven with Runabout Search, Winn Adami with the aforementioned Interstellar Treaty and Ishka to have even more control of cards in your hand, deck, discard pile and under Ferenginar.

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
KillerB wrote:F*ck Tongo. Dabo is where it's at.
Lol you could say this comment is a tongo confront. :P
Last edited by Foreman on Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Foreman wrote:
Lol you could say this. comment is a tongo confront. :P
YEEAAAAHHHH!!!

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Been there. Done that.

Also, here's Version 2 of the Tongo deck. I weeded out some stuff, and added Tactical Disadvantage to take advantage of my ships.
Is Sedis a captain?

P'Jem Sanctuary can also DL Sopek .

Virtual Promos 2E

What is the status of promos 0 VP 353, 0 VP 354, a[…]

Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]