For posting deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By DJstormtrooper (Tyler Fultz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
So every time I look at the card First-Hand Experience, I see both a card waiting to be broken and a potential rules nightmare. So this evening I chose to face my fears and see what could be done with it. The result was:
https://www.trekcc.org/decklists/index. ... ckID=15325

1: get out three [SF] peeps
2: Play Keiko, Bustling and FHE
3: Play a [Baj] personnel
4: Discard the top card of your deck to make them cost -1
5: Discard the top card of your deck to download another [Baj] personnel
6: Repeat until draw deck exhausted
7: Do it all again when you play Back to Basics

Cool, right? Worked fairly consistently on turn 5-6.

Catch is, these people can't actually solve any missions. Even double, triple attempting, they're only going to put one dilemma under per attempt. Alas... maybe next time I'll build something good.

Thoughts?

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Pretty sure that doesn't work anyway, since Keiko wants you to discard a card from hand, and FHE's replacement doesn't replace the cost being paid.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Yeah, I thought FHE was waiting to be broken when I first saw it, my plan was to use fiona I think. But someone pointed out that negating a cost stops it from being paid.

By Mugato
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Runner-Up 2023
Foreman wrote:The best combo I have discovered with that card is if wishes were horses]
Could you use First Hand Experience with Wishes were horses to change the random discard to a top of deck discard? THEN change the top of deck discard into a CHOICE discard from hand?

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Mugato wrote:
Foreman wrote:The best combo I have discovered with that card is if wishes were horses]
Could you use First Hand Experience with Wishes were horses to change the random discard to a top of deck discard? THEN change the top of deck discard into a CHOICE discard from hand?
hmm that actually sounds like it might work.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Mugato wrote:Could you use First Hand Experience with Wishes were horses to change the random discard to a top of deck discard? THEN change the top of deck discard into a CHOICE discard from hand?
I don't think it does work (not the first "FHE to change the randm discard to a top of deck discard", anyway); didn't CaptMDKirk already say something about "FHE's replacement doesn't replace the cost being paid".

So, if you're randomly discarding a card to do something, then by swapping it for a top deck discard, you're not paying the cost.

By ZodoJats
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote:
Mugato wrote:Could you use First Hand Experience with Wishes were horses to change the random discard to a top of deck discard? THEN change the top of deck discard into a CHOICE discard from hand?
I don't think it does work (not the first "FHE to change the randm discard to a top of deck discard", anyway); didn't CaptMDKirk already say something about "FHE's replacement doesn't replace the cost being paid".

So, if you're randomly discarding a card to do something, then by swapping it for a top deck discard, you're not paying the cost.
You can't change the first discard to download as its a cost, but the second random discard is an effect, so you can change that.
Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Congrats to Mugato for going 4-0 in the tournament[…]

Jared Hoffman FW Mathew McCalpin 100-12

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't comma[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon arr[…]