For posting deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Hey all-
I've been out of the game for a few years now (though I've been keeping track of the goings about) and am looking forward to playing in my first tournament in a while at the 2e Canadian Championship (I've been in Vancouver for the past three years). But I'm trying to catch up a bit on the play environment.
I'm wondering what have been the top ten most consistently well-performing decks of the past few years (links to examples would be helpful!)? A brief description of strategy would also be appreciated.
Thanks for your help!
Isaiah

By DJstormtrooper (Tyler Fultz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Maquis Personnel Denial
Klingon Battle
Klingon Solver
Borg Solver
Borg Assimilator
Ferengi Reyga
Romulan Donatra Solver
Two-Mission Cadets
Starfleet Nathan Samuels
Voyager Solver

I think if you look at the decks that did well at Regionals/Continentals/Worlds over the past couple years, they have almost all fallen into one of those categories.

You can check out all the winners here:
https://www.trekcc.org/decklists/index. ... e=regional

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
I suggest you read my Meta shakedown blog from the two years regional season to see an anecdotal timeline as to what was winning and when plus a running tab on how much certain decks were winning. Plus, I've been told its an entertaining read.

blog.php?u=121&b=216

That's the link to the last/most recent blog entry from this last spring that has the top 5 winning decks of the season listed.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Fritzinger wrote:Holy thread necro, batman! I was about to ask Tyler when last he saw a Klingon deck that wasn't a solver.
Wow, yeah. Peering into the past indeed...

If I was revising today, I'd add DS9 Rainbow Solver and Dominion GQ Solver to the list. Maybe remove Ferengi and Borg Assimilator?

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
What I would list right now (and being more specific):

ALC Bomb (Either Jaeger,TOS, or ES9 versions)
Voyager chuckles Solver
Borg Assimilator
Romulan GQ solver
"Common" Ds9
TOS Species 8472
Maquis Tempo
Relativity Field Studies
Dominion Solver
Dominion Infiltration

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Hoss-Drone wrote:What I would list right now (and being more specific):

Voyager chuckles Solver
Borg Assimilator
Romulan GQ solver
"Common" Ds9
TOS Species 8472
Maquis Tempo
Relativity Field Studies
Dominion Solver
Dominion Infiltration
I wouldn't leave Klingons off that list. Didn't they win Continentals last year?

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
DJstormtrooper wrote:
Hoss-Drone wrote:What I would list right now (and being more specific):

Voyager chuckles Solver
Borg Assimilator
Romulan GQ solver
"Common" Ds9
TOS Species 8472
Maquis Tempo
Relativity Field Studies
Dominion Solver
Dominion Infiltration
I wouldn't leave Klingons off that list. Didn't they win Continentals last year?
Other than against the Dominion Solver I would put them as an underdog in every single one those matchups. You don't make a top ten list in my opinion when you are a repeated matchup underdog.

Plus, I'd put a Tain GQ solver as the honorable mention before Klingons.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Hoss-Drone wrote:Other than against the Dominion Solver I would put them as an underdog in every single one those matchups. You don't make a top ten list in my opinion when you are a repeated matchup underdog.

Klingon Battle is an underdog to Relativity and Voyager?? I'm pretty sure those decks have no HQ...

Also, where's Nick to tell us all that Khan should be on the list? :shifty: :cheersL:

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
DJstormtrooper wrote:
Hoss-Drone wrote:Other than against the Dominion Solver I would put them as an underdog in every single one those matchups. You don't make a top ten list in my opinion when you are a repeated matchup underdog.

Klingon Battle is an underdog to Relativity and Voyager?? I'm pretty sure those decks have no HQ...

Also, where's Nick to tell us all that Khan should be on the list? :shifty: :cheersL:

When is the last time you saw anyone play Klingon battle? Though I say this knowing full well a battle set is being released next week. That's the nature of the meta. :)

Good news for Khan players - I would readily put a smuggling deck below khan in power. :)

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Hoss-Drone wrote:When is the last time you saw anyone play Klingon battle?
https://www.trekcc.org/decklists/index. ... ckID=35623
https://www.trekcc.org/decklists/index. ... ckID=34554
https://www.trekcc.org/decklists/index. ... ckID=34740
I deem it to be one of the more fun decks to play in a competitive environment.
I'd also claim that it'll stand it's ground against any deck on your list.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
DJstormtrooper wrote:
Hoss-Drone wrote:Good news for Khan players - I would readily put a smuggling deck below khan in power. :)
Burn! [Tac]
I'd definitely agree that smuggling is a just for fun theme, but I will say that I found it more fun than I expected to, even with only using a few cards from the theme. Also important: my opponents thought it was fun too! A pure smuggler deck would definitely be good stuff for a Biermeister tournament or something.

As for Klingons, one thing I like about them is that, even if they are unfavored in a match-up, no match-up feels unwinnable. Also, stock in skill-cheating is rising, and that is definitely a Klingon strength.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Hoss-Drone wrote: TOS Species 8472
And this is another example of why I have mad respect for Big Kev's game: he actually understands the power of a well-built 8472 deck in a good player's hands.

I had a text fight with Corbett over this earlier today where he told me that it wasn't good because he didn't like it.

"Boring to play, boring to play against" was a direct quote. I disagree on both counts.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation