For posting deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
2E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
As one of this deck's victims, this thing is crazily good in places.

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
I played [TN] at the release event in Sydney today. I basically took one of every [TN] character and 3 of most of the verbs and chucked them all in the one deck. Added a few extra peeps to round out skills and this is the end result. The deck could easily be improved.

I played four games:

Round 1 vs Honest (Voyager with Species 8472 dilemma pile) FW 100-?

I thought the Species 8472 dilemmas were pretty weak. Honest did manage to get 7 of the dilemmas in my core but they generally didn't stop anyone allowing me to solve missions with ease. His dilemma pile was looking pretty thin at the end.

Round 2 vs EnsignGibbers (TOS) FW 100-70

Very close game. I went first and this was likely the difference. Craig stalled me at Penetrate Enemy Lines but once that was complete I was able to rapidly solve the next two missions. His dilemma pile was looking pretty thin at the end.

Round 3 vs IronMike (Equinox/Khan with Species 8472 dilemma pile) FW 100-0

Mike got maybe 3-4 dilemmas in my core but again they didn't stop anyone enabling easy mission solves.

Round 4 vs PegLeg Pete (Klingons with TT pile) FW 100-70

Close game again with one turn in it. I got the dilemma discarding going early and managed to mill one Tragic Turn and three All Consuming Evils. Undermined Defences ruined many of the consume dilemmas that he had left to play. Pete's dilemma pile was very thin at the end.

Favourite play: Solve Penetrate Enemy Lines first, draw seven and then discard them with Dukat Cardassian Representative to nuke all their core events.

The other ability on Ruling Council is nuts. I was able to double attempt many missions by excluding three [TN] guys from each attempt.

Edan'Atal had some impact in the games I played. The best he got was a +6 attributes from Spatial Interphase in one game and In Development in another.

Untapped Influence didn't work out for me. I never needed the attribute boost and the skills on the removed dilemmas never seemed to line up.

The new [TN] seems pretty good. I like that it is going to make it harder for Tragic Turn dilemma piles to dominate. :thumbsup:

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Attacking the DP was effective and proved to be fair. My DP was looking slim, but we played an action packed game where lots of dilemmas were used.

With not fearing the two mission win, I was just worried about the DP getting reduced. I did lose some good dilemmas, but you did lose some good dilemmas as well, like WNHGB and a Personal Duty, which could've been critical if I got another turn.

I think this strategy is nicely placed and will give players more to think about when preparing for big events. I'd say it is a success.
Second Edition Creative Manager
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 - Second Edition Creative Manager
 -  
Adventurer
Did you feel like your dilemma pile was large enough, Chompers, to deal with your own removal cards? Would you go bigger or smaller? Run more duplicates of anything?

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
Triumph wrote:Did you feel like your dilemma pile was large enough, Chompers, to deal with your own removal cards? Would you go bigger or smaller? Run more duplicates of anything?
The most dilemmas I removed from my pile was about 15 but there was plenty left. I always seemed to draw something worth playing but did lose a lot of good dilemmas. I think this will be the weakness of the deck as its possible to cripple yourself with unlucky dilemma removal. The size of the dilemma pile seemed about right.

I had one game where I nearly ran out of draw deck from use of undermined defences.

I guess we should have done "What can we do[…]

Jared FW Kris 100-35

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]