For posting deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Hi all. Visited this place a lot, never signed up until recently.

Really do love 2E and I've also got a local group of fellow trekkies that I don't think know much about the game. I was wanting to build some decks to take to a meeting sometime and hopefully introduce more to the game (first one is free, right? :wink:).

Still I've been out of it so long my deck building skills are non-existent. How long? I only had cards up to Call to Arms for a long time (though in the past year I've been trying to get more sets by ordering boxes, collections online etc) so do you guys and gals mind helping me out? I'm especially wanting very thematic decks (like if Borg - assimilate, Romulans - trolling others etc) which the starters on the site didn't seem to be at first glance. Also don't worry about making these high-level tournament builds. A lot of these people will probably be newbies (though some might be old players like me) so probably want to keep the jank simple.

Oh I've been going through the decklists on the site too, so feel free to just link straight to those too. Much obliged and thanks everyone. :cheersL:

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Nate Winchester wrote:Hi all. Visited this place a lot, never signed up until recently.

Really do love 2E and I've also got a local group of fellow trekkies that I don't think know much about the game. I was wanting to build some decks to take to a meeting sometime and hopefully introduce more to the game (first one is free, right? :wink:).

Still I've been out of it so long my deck building skills are non-existent. How long? I only had cards up to Call to Arms for a long time (though in the past year I've been trying to get more sets by ordering boxes, collections online etc) so do you guys and gals mind helping me out? I'm especially wanting very thematic decks (like if Borg - assimilate, Romulans - trolling others etc) which the starters on the site didn't seem to be at first glance. Also don't worry about making these high-level tournament builds. A lot of these people will probably be newbies (though some might be old players like me) so probably want to keep the jank simple.

Oh I've been going through the decklists on the site too, so feel free to just link straight to those too. Much obliged and thanks everyone. :cheersL:

All cards are now printable for play. No need to buy physical copies unless you really want them. This is great: just print the deck and give to one of those other players.

There are the transwarp decks to help get a clear understanding of how to play. Other than that i suggest looking at decks posted by Kris Sonsteby (LORE) and Matt Frid (bandana8472)for your straightforward solvers. When you feel like moving onto straightforward Jank you can look decks by Michael Van Breeman (Theninjascot). Want slightly more complicated either, than look at my decks. Want really complicated heavily involved jank - look at decks by Tyler Fultz (DJStormtrooper) and Neil Timmons (ntimmons).

(though you can look at anyones deck you want, print it and play it. There is no net decking hate around here)

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
The Ninja Scot wrote:Not all of my decks are jank unless they're in the sleeves that say so.

Michael,
not-so-closeted jank deck builder

PURE JANK!

- Kevin

Who has the same sleeves and puts them on non jank decks also so its not a tell.

By JamesValEson (Barry Windschitl)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
If you want to look at Assimilation, then take a look-see at my NA Continentals 2014 deck (See player Barry Windschitl). I brought it out of mothballs after two years of trying other things, modified it due to recent erratas (Fifth, namely), and I Still got Fourth on Day/Heat One, and was one play from getting Fourth in Day/Heat Two.

It may not work as well for you guys right up front, but play it as much as I have ( or just play/ practice with it a good amount), and it'll run Purring like a Kitten. If you have any questions on it, then PM me.

BDubs

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Quick! Somebody tell me what the jank sleeves look like before this weekend.

@OP, I think you should try out Mike O.'s decks from his Thunder Road article series. They are all quite good (but usually not trying to break anything) and the articles give an explanation on how to play them.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Weird, I thought I told this topic to alert me to replies. I was staring at my email, thinking everyone was ignorin me. :(

lol thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'll check those decks out tomorrow. I do admit I like the actual cards and just got in an order today, actually (all 3 dangerous mission decks, I somehow missed 1 card). Just something about the physical card, ya know?
All cards are now printable for play.
Ok that's cool (especially since necessary evil is rare than gold), but uh... where? I've been looking for a proxy function like http://magiccards.info/ uses but haven't seen it. I'm sure I need a visor so please forgive me.

I'll let everyone know how the games go. I kind of want to build a HQ-less [Fut] deck for myself for the lulz.

While I'm here, quick rules question: I notice some interrupts like this one (https://www.trekcc.org/2e/index.php?mod ... ardID=3525) where you have "to play" followed by a bunch of text, then "Order-". Now I figured one has to choose to either play it for the first effect, or drop it during your turn for the "Order-" effect, what I'm confused about is does the "to play" text apply to playing it either way or just when using the first effect?

Thanks again everyone for helping out an old-new player.

By JamesValEson (Barry Windschitl)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
If it has a "To Play..." requirement, then you must do that regardless of which function you use.

BDubs

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E Australian Continental Champion 2019
First off, welcome to the boards and the fantastic world that is Star Trek CCG

To print all of Deciphers cards, you need to go to the online deck build (front page right of screen). YOu can then "make a deck" and the cards you select will (when you hit "print decklist" be made into a PDF with 9 cards per A4 page, you can then print them out, cut them up a start shuffling

ALl CC era sets are printable on the online deck builder AND as stand alone sets. They are in the expansions link (again front page right). And example of how they turn out is below, I clipped the latest set

https://www.trekcc.org/2e/expansions/Ba ... _HiRes.pdf

I also believe you can just flat out print someone else's deck, though I haven't tried, so I cannot offer any advise

Enjoy the game, it is fun, and exploring the deck building options from scratch makes me jealous of your position

Cheers

Honest

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
lol thanks honest!

Yeah I was so pumped when 2e released and loved the flavor & greater interaction it created. I was very sad when it died out locally. The trekCC here warms my heart.

Ok I didn't know what the "print deck" command was for (I thought it gave a printed out checklist). *checks it out on deck was trying* Oooo cool. Thanks guys and gals!

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The Mad Vulcan wrote:@OP, I think you should try out Mike O.'s decks from his Thunder Road article series. They are all quite good (but usually not trying to break anything) and the articles give an explanation on how to play them.
Great advice. Can't stress enough that a new/returning player should start here. Mike's decks are simple, but very good. And he walks people through how to play with both the draw deck and dilemma pile.

Just go here and start searching back through his articles using the term "Thunder Road".

Example of his relatively straight-forward Voyager deck and article from the end of the Decipher era here.

By shagg08 (Michael O'Shogay)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Naetor wrote:
The Mad Vulcan wrote:@OP, I think you should try out Mike O.'s decks from his Thunder Road article series. They are all quite good (but usually not trying to break anything) and the articles give an explanation on how to play them.
Great advice. Can't stress enough that a new/returning player should start here. Mike's decks are simple, but very good. And he walks people through how to play with both the draw deck and dilemma pile.

Just go here and start searching back through his articles using the term "Thunder Road".

Example of his relatively straight-forward Voyager deck and article from the end of the Decipher era here.
Thanks guys. I tried to make my articles as new player friendly as possible. A lot of my more recent decks are definitely new player friendly like my most recent Keogh article.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Nice. Thanks for the suggestions. I've copied a few over to my decklists for trying out. I'm also looking at how many silly decks can be done. (like... screw it, Voyager is easy, let's do an Equanox HQ less deck!) 8)

EDIT: something I'm curious about. Can you use Olarra, Chariot of Light to make a hologram HQ-less deck using Caretaker array? (seems like maybe, but not quite depending on how things are worded)

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Unlike Voyager, Olarra doesn't allow you to play it to a non-HQ mission. So there would be a trick of getting it into play.
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]