For posting deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Recently Strength In Numbers has been released and this card has intrigued me since then. I personally like playing Borg so I wonder if anyone ever tried playing a Persistent dilemma pile and then combine this with Borg assimilation.

Strength in Numbers works like a 1e Mission Debriefing, one just need to return a Persistent dilemma from the completed mission. Then the stopped personnel are ripe for assimilation.

I combined most of the Persistent dilemmas into a pile (including Breached and Not Quite Domesticated Pets and formed a Borg assimilation deck around it...

The deck can be seen here: Persistent Assimilation

While the dilemma pile was rather straight forward, there is tons of stuff one can mess up in Borg deck... number of cards, which events/interrupts, what support etc.
Personally I've had bad experiences with large decks so I kept this one at 52 cards, considering Quintessence and Fifth got toned down, probably the better choice?

Persistent related cards are..

Borg Queen's Vessel. I always wanted to use the Borg Diamond... This could give some nice deck rigging abilities.

Isabella. Persistent dilemmas are skill dilemmas, with Isabella no more interference by Navaar or D'Vela.

The mentioned Strength In Numbers of course...

I did not add..

Ghost Stories. Is this worth it? Can someone recommend dilemmas that would make this event worth adding?

Event Horizon. I can return Persistent dilemmas by discarding non-personnel anyway, why would I pay 5 points for a whole bunch.. or maybe it's good to have them all back in the pile again?

Anyone played this before?
Any help is appreciated
:)

By JamesValEson (Barry Windschitl)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I like SiN, as it can take out the need for having to keep surprise Amnity in your hand (Not to mention, that if you run a deck like my Borg Fight Club: Project Mayhem, you can protect it with [Bor] B'Elanna).

I want to try this in my next iteration of assimilation (when I decide to haul it back out of mothballs like I did for the last NACC 8) ). The persistent dilemmas can be good for getting a hard one-person stop (not to mention the new 5-costers in BoT), and possibly set up some combos to hold an opponent off.

Some advice from my past runs with assimilation:
No advice on Isabella (to be honest, that is one card that I keep forgetting exists, but could be nasty with Persistent walls).

Unyielding is a card that I don't use in an assimilator: I don't start mission attempts until I have people to fuel K&E (and if I'm doing it just to get going, then I understand the risks anywho).

Borg Queen is one that I don't usually run (Save either the 2-cost one or the "Artifact" one). Others use her to get in Harvest Drones, but I haven't really tried that out (as I can normally get enough peeps without him).

UD is a good back-up, I may try it out in the future if my deck isn't already too big.

Locutus is a meta call. I don't use him in assimilators as he is just a personnel that I have to spend more counters on (Ones that could be used to get more necessary cards into play).

If you want more counters, then add one or two more unique guys and throw in Unimatrix Zero.

Try it out as is, and see how it runs. If it runs slow or whatever, then try out some of what we have said. Good Luck with it.

BDubs

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Thanks for the advice, after a couple test games against myself and some of my other decks I changed the following...

JamesValEson wrote:...
No advice on Isabella (to be honest, that is one card that I keep forgetting exists, but could be nasty with Persistent walls).

Unyielding is a card that I don't use in an assimilator: I don't start mission attempts until I have people to fuel K&E (and if I'm doing it just to get going, then I understand the risks anywho).
correct, I really start attempting missions after snatching some personnel, so I removed one copy of Unyielding. I added a copy of Isabella, she was great against Klingon Riker and Kirk.
..Borg Queen is one that I don't usually run (Save either the 2-cost one or the "Artifact" one). Others use her to get in Harvest Drones, but I haven't really tried that out (as I can normally get enough peeps without him).
Cycling the Harvest Drone into the team to save the 5 counters was one of the reasons to add her. I don't like the Perfectionist Queen as I immediately get hit by 'must stop xy' dilemmas.
..UD is a good back-up, I may try it out in the future if my deck isn't already too big...
Unexpected and These Are The Voyages are in the top five best cards of the game.. I think.

Locutus is a meta call. I don't use him in assimilators as he is just a personnel that I have to spend more counters on (Ones that could be used to get more necessary cards into play).
correct.. no good player will give you 10 points. I removed him and added Three of Twelve. Another Security and +1 could be useful.

I also removed Fifth and added another Observation Drone. Fifth ability isn't really needed with one Unyielding in the deck.

I removed the Self-Replicating Roadblock. This card was for attempting Earth, First Contact to prevent Secret Identity against the Queen. I added AssiTech which can retrieve KnE to do the same effect.

Deck looks now like this..
Persistent Assimilation

:)

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]