For posting deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

-  
So I recently pulled out a handful of 1e cards from many years ago, salivated, dug into them, decided there was too much crunch, and ultimately opted to get a few starter decks' worth of 2e cards for my wife and I to play at home. Gonna slip the printouts into the sleeves so I get that good ol' cardback nostalgia.

Anyway, we played a couple sample games with the starters + some anthology cards that came with the lot (yunno, skinny Tom Hardy and whatnot). I'm curious if anyone has made a sort of "boxed game" experience for Trek 2e, with an assortment of decks which play well together and have innate strategies, but don't necessarily bother to keep with tournament-level defenses or packing the perfect card into every single slot---though obviously not as painfully vanilla are the starter decks. We want to play similar to the way we played Magic, where I have ten prebuilt decks of each color combo and we roll randomly to decide who plays what. I'd like to do that with a few major Trek affiliations. If anyone has already done this, awesome... but if not, I'm wondering if someone could point out a few simple combos/strategies/sets which are well-suited to this idea.

Thanks guys!

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Yep, go take a look at the "Virtual Starters" page here.

All of the decks on that page (one for each affiliation) are built to be fairly straightforward beginner decks. They have some small bits of interaction between them (the appropriate ones might have a bit of engagement or capture), but generally nothing too complicated. And because they're created using entirely virtual cards, you can print them off in a fairly high resolution and they look great! And I believe they're all fairly well balanced against each other, so you can go and grab any two affiliations that you're most interested in, print, and play!

-  
Awesome!

I'm gonna take a look at these. I might make some adjustments since we've already got the rules down for the starters and I'd like to make the most of the printing; if anybody has any strategic combo recommendations that might give these decks a little extra oomph, I'd love to hear them.
Is Sedis a captain?

He's already a [Univ] fucking skill hoss (tm)... […]

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]

Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]