For posting deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
edgeofhearing wrote:
HoodieDM wrote:So is the Draft Sealed a better way to go? I.e. Dangerous Missions scenario type style?
I've never actually played DM draft (that came out while I was taking a break from the game), but as I understand it, you're primarily a 1e player, correct? And, if you're going to be playing with other primarily 1e players, then "starter fatigue" shouldn't really be a factor. The more inexperienced players you anticipate, the more I would encourage the use of pre-built starters, which greatly reduces the learning-curve. I think that the virtual starters are a little more interesting (and much, much more varied - you could have a huge tournament and still have no HQ duplication), but if you want actual sealed product the decipher premiere/CTA ones are really the only way to go.
Actually to be honest, I'm hording sealed 2E product (and 1E of course) right now in anticipation of being able to hold a Trek Masters in 2016 for both 1E and 2E. And I want to make a true Masters event. First day is based off a limited or complete format in constructed. Second day is sealed event. And third day is constructed OTF (for sure) of the top 8-16 people based off their total VPs for days 1 & 2. That's a true master of the game and what I would like to be able to do. Looking at the results for Nationals 2013 (tech held Jan 2014) here in KY, I can easily grab Chicago play groups, Ohio play groups, North Carolina play groups, Atlanta play groups, and any others that decide to travel. The fact that it was then, if it was more around April-June next year, I'm sure I could get a bigger turn out.

Anyways, I digress. I'm hoping to have a lot of sealed product by then to do this for 20+ people in each 1E and 2E.

~D
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Linkan wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote:I believe that 2013 Chicago tourney was played using virtual starters. I'm pretty sure I titled my deck, "I Knew I'd Lose the Moment I Saw This Was Terok Nor."
I hope the next set includes some nice cards that make me redo that particular starter.
Thanks for all your hard work on the virtual starters, BTW. They're really great. The problem I had with the TN starter is I didn't get any support cards in my packs for them, so was basically left with a deck that was short in a number of key areas. That's more of a function of TN than your deckbuilding. :cheersL:

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Thanks for all your hard work on the virtual starters, BTW. They're really great. The problem I had with the TN starter is I didn't get any support cards in my packs for them, so was basically left with a deck that was short in a number of key areas. That's more of a function of TN than your deckbuilding. :cheersL:
I have also played TN in a V starter draft. The starter itself is quite good and on par with the others. The issue is that the likelihood of finding anything to improve it is much lower than the others, so you end up just playing a plain starter (I was able to add one other ship and a couple of yellow dudes).

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
bandana8472 wrote:i'd say the borg one. i've always had good results with it. pretty sure you get comp and opp drones in there. analyze is also good against the 2-fer dilemmas.
Am I the only one who has yet to see a borg starter NOT end up with Locutus in it?

(no seriously, any time i get one, or watch someone open it, he's one of the 3 random rares!)
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]