For posting deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By DJstormtrooper (Tyler Fultz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
I've been struggling with how to play this affiliation now that their signature draw/download engine is gone. Big Borg is dead and there has yet to be a new archetype for this deck.

What has worked for you when you build New Borg?

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
https://www.trekcc.org/decklists/index.p ... ckID=28274

Speed pile that I cribbed from Matt Frid and updated with a few tweaks. Fairly lightweight, yet most of the magic is there, with Observation Drones to cycle it all back in. Playing with the 2-cost Queen takes a lot of the calculus out of fiddling with Drone swap tricks. I think a couple UDs would fill out the deck nicely, as there were a few rough dilemma draws. But I felt like it had enough grease with 3x Requisitions Drone… I could see adding 3x Severed Link to put it at 45 total perhaps.

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
I am no Borg expert but tried a Interlink / Back to Basics recycling deck. I used The Trial Never Ended to keep using Back to Basics and Observation Drone to cycle events.

When I played well it was a decent deck, but more often than not I screwed it all up and forgot to do something.

Version 1 achievement deck -

https://www.trekcc.org/decklists/index. ... ckID=25207

Version 2 should of played better but did worse -

https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... entID=6997
Last edited by chompers on Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

By JamesValEson (Barry Windschitl)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I've always played small-ish Borg (40-52 cards). I haven't really done much with them since fifth got nerfd, but I always run quite a few unique drone, and get U0 out for extra counters (in addition to [AQ] drone and AWBlast).

My assimilator did some good cleaning up at last year's NACC.

BDubs

By JamesValEson (Barry Windschitl)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
edgeofhearing wrote:I've built your assimilator for internal testing and I've been quite impressed with it.
Yeah, once you get a number of games with it, you can take it pretty far. I played it at '14 NACC After not having played it since 2010 (if not previous to that). That was, back in 2008-2009, my Showcase deck type (always small, and once it got set up, Fast at the kill). New cards like Unrelenting have given it even more teeth (Note, I don't really look at Harvest Drone as an option anymore, due to the high cost and lack of Fifth/ Energize to play him for cheap. He Just clogs things up and slows me down).

BDubs

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I haven't had any success. Every deck that I think is good ends up having too many verbs in your hand in the middle of the game while you are frantically drawing for Locutus while getting hammered by Gomtuus -- or lack of any other key personnel/ships.
Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]

HumQ: Pick of the Tribbles

It's Wednesday! We're more than halfway through th[…]

I guess we should have done "What can we […]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to another one of my homies, @seve[…]