For posting deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Resistance-is-futile wrote:What do most people shoot for with this? (2 duplicate maximum?) when designing a deck?

thanks!
If the deck's just a solver with few tricks, then 2. If it's something a little tricky, and can avoid/affect random selections, then any amount.

I played a game against Will Hoskin, where he played Romulan Stooges, TCS (to solve) and his Agonizing number was 1 :(

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
I personally am not a fan of preparing any deck against one specific dilemma.
Granted AE is highly frequented but usually nobody packs it more than once. There are chances to face it but probably not as high as many other meta dilemmas.

I usually look at what works best for my deck engine and when I have all the pieces in place maybe have a glance at AE skill count.

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
I've actually stopped using this dilemma. I find it is most often a 4 cost dilemma that just stops two random personnel. So when I build decks I don't worry about it that much.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
edgeofhearing wrote:I live in a world where Len runs two Agonizing Encounters all day, every day, so I just can't go above 2.
That's because Len still parties like it's 2006.

Seriously, if you look at his decks, they're time capsules of the mid-last-decade meta (Ref2-To Boldly Go).

Don't get me wrong, he's a good player and that was his era, and in some ways his decks are a curve ball in the current meta. But this post reminds me of what I said on another thread:
TrekCenter highlight from Maryland Masters: I'm facing off against Len Neidorf and on my second attempt at Terrasphere 8 he draws six dilemmas, looks at my missions, and the following exchange ensues:

Len: Hmmm... What's your Agonizing number?
Me: One.
Len: :shock:, (checks missions again) Wow...

He put three under to stop me and I mopped it up next turn on the way to a 100-30 win. :thumbsup:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]